The Celtic All Seasons thread

Glad he’s finishing the season at Karpaty given Carasscal is away to River Plate. Will be hard for him to get involved ahead of Forrest and the countless other attacking midfielders. Really hope he does well. 

58 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Seems we’ve taken Calvin Miller on loan. Obviously the progress Ross Doohan has made has made a good impression.

Is he decent?

Depends on how he is used, Dundee tried using him as a left back and it was a disaster because he can't defend but if he's played as a wing back or a left midfielder in a 4-4-2 then he will do well for you.  He has a lot of pace and a good crossing ability, just don't have him take penalties

Depends on how he is used, Dundee tried using him as a left back and it was a disaster because he can't defend but if he's played as a wing back or a left midfielder in a 4-4-2 then he will do well for you.  He has a lot of pace and a good crossing ability, just don't have him take penalties
McCall has said he sees him as an attacker so I think LB will be ruled out, BTW you guys have a cracking young GK on Ross Dohann future Scotland No1

McCall has said he sees him as an attacker so I think LB will be ruled out, BTW you guys have a cracking young GK on Ross Dohann future Scotland No1

I second this

17 clean sheets this season and he’s played his part in most of them. Long term replacement for Gordon imo.

9 hours ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Celtic still bitter I see.  

I dont get this pish. If we were to be bitter against every club that Lawwell drags his feet with we wouldnt like any team. Same happened years ago with Fletcher when we needed a striker much more than we needed Mcginn but our anger was against our CEO not against any club.  As much as I wanted Celtic to sign Mcginn its worked out in that Mcgregor has been playing the deeper lying role like he is born for it and it has now freed up a space further forward for Christie who has been outstanding. All this might not have happened if we signed him.

At the end of the day Allan has decided he doesnt want to take a wage cut to leave early.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Sure you don’t want to sign another fullback ??

Strangely we probably will go for more in the Summer. Still huge question marks over Tierneys injury, Izzy and Gamboa will be away, possibly Lustig too. We dont have a fixed fee agreement either for the Dortmund lad.  Dont know how close the other 2 we have signed and punted back on loan will be to the first team given they have to play a game of full professional football between them I think.

Edited by gannonball

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

I dont get this pish. If we were to be bitter against every club that Lawwell drags his feet with we wouldnt like any team. Same happened years ago with Fletcher when we needed a striker much more than we needed Mcginn but our anger was against our CEO not against any club.  As much as I wanted Celtic to sign Mcginn its worked out in that Mcgregor has been playing the deeper lying role like he is born for it and it has now freed up a space further forward for Christie who has been outstanding. All this might not have happened if we signed him.

At the end of the day Allan has decided he doesnt want to take a wage cut to leave early.

Strangely we probably will go for more in the Summer. Still huge question marks over Tierneys injury, Izzy and Gamboa will be away, possibly Lustig too. We dont have a fixed fee agreement either for the Dortmund lad.  Dont know how close the other 2 we have signed and punted back on loan will be to the first team given they have to play a game of full professional football between them I think.

I think the question marks are more around Tierney’s ambition and self belief than his injury tbh. I think he’ll be at Celtic for a long time as think the latter are unfortunately lacking.

Whats the ‘buy’ clause for Benkovic ? You’ll surely want to exercise that especially if you let Boyata leave.

Just now, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I think the question marks are more around Tierney’s ambition and self belief than his injury tbh. I think he’ll be at Celtic for a long time as think the latter are unfortunately lacking.

Whats the ‘buy’ clause for Benkovic ? You’ll surely want to exercise that especially if you let Boyata leave.

Sadly no buy clause for Benkovic as they had only just signed him bofore punting him to us, Im guessing leicesterare wanting a ready replacement for Mcguire when he leaves. Given he cost them 13 million we have no chance as he has strolled it so far for us. Boyata will undoubtedly go in Summer so will be short for european qualifiers with both our current first choice centre backs away. As much as we seem flush for most positions right now come summer we could be quite short for such important games.