The Celtic All Seasons thread

5 hours ago, IrishBhoy said:

What happened with Henderson at Bari? Did they go bust?  Fair play to him for staying in Italy and having another crack. I’ve not seen much of him since he moved. 

He was getting game time and doing quite well, even generating interest from Parma and Fiorentina. Bari have went bust though as you say so f**k knows where that leaves him - I’m assuming he’ll find a club over there no bother.

Edited by Central

4 minutes ago, Central said:

He was getting game time and doing quite well, even generating interest from Parma and Fiorentina. Bari have went bust though as you say so f**k knows where that leaves him - I’m assuming he’ll find a club over there no bother.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liam-henderson-agrees-four-year-12947045

Gaffers starting to piss me off..

I love Brendan, but the lack of Transfer Movement is worrying. Defence has been a clear issue for years now and we never seem to address it. Were short at the back as it is, and the players we got arent going to cut it in Europe so why are we stalling?

All im ever seeing is us being linked to midfielders or attackers. at prices were never paying.

We have the ability to do a decent job in Europe and ensure domestic dominance by simply shoring up our defence. We got to a UEFA cup final with a team that had a good mix, and we were strong in all areas.. So why do we keep continuing to ignore our defensive duties?

Ill never understand it.

20 hours ago, KHVRN said:

Gaffers starting to piss me off..

I love Brendan, but the lack of Transfer Movement is worrying. Defence has been a clear issue for years now and we never seem to address it. Were short at the back as it is, and the players we got arent going to cut it in Europe so why are we stalling?

All im ever seeing is us being linked to midfielders or attackers. at prices were never paying.

We have the ability to do a decent job in Europe and ensure domestic dominance by simply shoring up our defence. We got to a UEFA cup final with a team that had a good mix, and we were strong in all areas.. So why do we keep continuing to ignore our defensive duties?

Ill never understand it.

Like you and many other Celtic supporters the lack of incoming quality players is starting to be a worry. Although Brendan retaining just about all of our key players and maintaining the squad as they have had several years to know each other and bond, that can only be a good thing in the long run. Brendan has a squad of players that have had two years CL experience in getting pumped on the park but reaching the group stages non the less. At least not like a few other clubs Celtic aren't having a complete overhaul and then having to see if all the new players gel together.

Can't see the club buying loads of players and then hoping one or two come up to the standard required at the club like the club used to do any more. We can probably expect one or two more signings, most likely defensive cover or even hopefully a marquee signing to solidify the defence. The club has a few million to spend surely and securing the services of a targeted player can take longer to acquire but worth it none the less if it is a player with a name we all know.

I can see the club taking a few loans with maybe an option to buy, hopefully from the bigger clubs in Europe. This seems the most likely approach from the club "try and buy". Saves the club forking out millions for donkeys who ultimately fail in the end.

15 hours ago, hellbhoy said:

Like you and many other Celtic supporters the lack of incoming quality players is starting to be a worry. Although Brendan retaining just about all of our key players and maintaining the squad as they have had several years to know each other and bond, that can only be a good thing in the long run. Brendan has a squad of players that have had two years CL experience in getting pumped on the park but reaching the group stages non the less. At least not like a few other clubs Celtic aren't having a complete overhaul and then having to see if all the new players gel together.

Can't see the club buying loads of players and then hoping one or two come up to the standard required at the club like the club used to do any more. We can probably expect one or two more signings, most likely defensive cover or even hopefully a marquee signing to solidify the defence. The club has a few million to spend surely and securing the services of a targeted player can take longer to acquire but worth it none the less if it is a player with a name we all know.

I can see the club taking a few loans with maybe an option to buy, hopefully from the bigger clubs in Europe. This seems the most likely approach from the club "try and buy". Saves the club forking out millions for donkeys who ultimately fail in the end.

I dont want to see any overhauls, or buying players for the sake of buying players.

But our defence has been for years now, an area we just dont appear to want to strengthen, Our Midfield is stacked with talent, and were constantly linked with midfielders.. We have 2 great forwards in Dembele and Eduoard and another great striker in Griff, with other attacking options given the depth we have, But defensively? we lack and thats my point.

How did the loan to buy work out for Roberts? Fans loved him, great young talent, But out of our price range.. And anyone we likely get from any major clubs in Europe will cost us, just like Eddy did.

I just want to see us highlight problem areas and address it, instead of seeing reports of links with midfielders, strikers well out of our price range and scouting guys well never get.. Doesnt make sense to me.

7 hours ago, KHVRN said:

I dont want to see any overhauls, or buying players for the sake of buying players.

But our defence has been for years now, an area we just dont appear to want to strengthen, Our Midfield is stacked with talent, and were constantly linked with midfielders.. We have 2 great forwards in Dembele and Eduoard and another great striker in Griff, with other attacking options given the depth we have, But defensively? we lack and thats my point.

How did the loan to buy work out for Roberts? Fans loved him, great young talent, But out of our price range.. And anyone we likely get from any major clubs in Europe will cost us, just like Eddy did.

I just want to see us highlight problem areas and address it, instead of seeing reports of links with midfielders, strikers well out of our price range and scouting guys well never get.. Doesnt make sense to me.

Totally agree with strengthening the defence and has been a problem for a few seasons now. Marvin Compper? was bought to bolster the defence ffs, hasn't done f**k aw yet of note but was a name I had heard of and I thought the weakest area of the squad was being addressed. He may at some point become fit and will probably feel like a new signing and on a personal level I think he is a better defender than Celtic is currently fielding. I'd be happy with buying another CB but he really needs to be a step up in quality than the players we have. Not saying our defence is totally shite but there is a need for that step up in quality for playing in Europe. Surely the club can fork out for a seasoned CB to bolster the defence and secondly to help the young defence improve by his experience from playing in the top level.

I'm happy with Brendan's scouting methods in acquiring young strikers and then developing them, has definitely benefited the club.

Yes the midfield is flooded ffs! :lol: An embarrassment of riches domestically but does the squad have the quality to compete in any meaningful level in Europe? I'd have to question that by recent seasons pumpings in Europe and the lack of scoring in the group stages because the midfield gets over run by the oppositions midfield they turn into shite defenders because they can't find a fucking pass to the forwards, and even worse they can't even get out of their own half at times.

I'm sure and I hope the club bring in a seasoned CB who has at least played at the highest level at some point in their career.

Totally agree with strengthening the defence and has been a problem for a few seasons now. Marvin Compper? was bought to bolster the defence ffs, hasn't done f**k aw yet of note but was a name I had heard of and I thought the weakest area of the squad was being addressed. He may at some point become fit and will probably feel like a new signing and on a personal level I think he is a better defender than Celtic is currently fielding. I'd be happy with buying another CB but he really needs to be a step up in quality than the players we have. Not saying our defence is totally shite but there is a need for that step up in quality for playing in Europe. Surely the club can fork out for a seasoned CB to bolster the defence and secondly to help the young defence improve by his experience from playing in the top level.
I'm happy with Brendan's scouting methods in acquiring young strikers and then developing them, has definitely benefited the club.
Yes the midfield is flooded ffs! [emoji38] An embarrassment of riches domestically but does the squad have the quality to compete in any meaningful level in Europe? I'd have to question that by recent seasons pumpings in Europe and the lack of scoring in the group stages because the midfield gets over run by the oppositions midfield they turn into shite defenders because they can't find a fucking pass to the forwards, and even worse they can't even get out of their own half at times.
I'm sure and I hope the club bring in a seasoned CB who has at least played at the highest level at some point in their career.
It's a pity Bruno alves is no longer available.....