The Celtic All Seasons thread

2 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Broony to get a testimonial, well deserved.

http://www.celticfc.net/news/12863

I'd like to see us push the boat out an bring Inter Milan to Celtic Park for this.

Many non-Celtic fans will be unaware of the significance of Inter Milan, given how we Celtic fans very seldom bring it up but we actually defeated the Italians in the final of the European Cup 50 years ago, so it would be rather fitting should they be the opposition...

5 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:

I'd like to see us push the boat out an bring Inter Milan to Celtic Park for this.

Many non-Celtic fans will be unaware of the significance of Inter Milan, given how we Celtic fans very seldom bring it up but we actually defeated the Italians in the final of the European Cup 50 years ago, so it would be rather fitting should they be the opposition...

You should go for Real Madrid. Oh no wait....

You sure it was Inter?

4 minutes ago, Kneetrembler said:

You should go for Real Madrid. Oh no wait....

Nah, save Madrid for Andrew Considine's testimonial...

3 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

You sure it was Inter?

99% sure.  I think.

On 02/07/2017 at 01:08, hoopy1967 said:

Apparently Charly Musonda from Chelsea is our 'top target'. Seems to be good reports about him, would be a great signing, although he definitely won't be cheap. Could be the biggest fee we've paid in a few years if we are going to sign him

Sign young talented players, develop them into better players, punt them for a very healthy profit. I'm liking this business model Celtic have adopted. I think Brendan and his time down south as a manager is coming into fruition, surely he knows some potential wonder kids that where possibly on his old clubs radar.

12 hours ago, hellbhoy said:

Sign young talented players, develop them into better players, punt them for a very healthy profit. I'm liking this business model Celtic have adopted. I think Brendan and his time down south as a manager is coming into fruition, surely he knows some potential wonder kids that where possibly on his old clubs radar.

The good thing about this signing policy now is, I'd believe Rodgers would be able to an attract youngsters of higher quality than Deila or Lennon would have managed.

The good thing about this signing policy now is, I'd believe Rodgers would be able to an attract youngsters of higher quality than Deila or Lennon would have managed.

In Rogers we have the ability and experience that now fits in with our football model.

His coaching and development expertise should yield positive results in a quicker timeframe.

5 hours ago, TheCelt67 said:

2 hours ago, Greenlantern said:

In Rogers we have the ability and experience that now fits in with our football model.

His coaching and development expertise should yield positive results in a quicker timeframe.

Champions League winner in two years or so, but it disnae count because The Rangers urnae in it. :lol:

Looking forward to this seasons Champions League campaign, 12 months with the current squad and some talented youngsters being signed. Could be a good European journey with a settled squad and new players hopefully a massive improvement on last years campaign.

I don't think we'll be going through the season unbeaten though and no club has ever done two seasons unbeaten domestically? I might be wrong but I can't think of any club!

As long as we pump the **** easily and Aberdeen chase Celtic all the way to the last game, I'll be happy.

Very optimistic about our ventures in Europe.
Above all, it's where we can really make our mark.
It's always been the old chestnut; 'battling Celtic, unfortunate losers'.

Either in the UCL or Europa, once you get beyond the wacky races stage it becomes a more realistic prospect.

Fingers crossed we can push on.

Very optimistic about our ventures in Europe.

Above all, it's where we can really make our mark.

Looking forward to this seasons Champions League campaign, 12 months with the current squad and some talented youngsters being signed. Could be a good European journey with a settled squad and new players hopefully a massive improvement on last years campaign.

I don't think we'll be going through the season unbeaten though and no club has ever done two seasons unbeaten domestically?

Right you two, calm the f**k down [emoji23]

Knowing us, we'll get pumped off some shite Scandinavian mob.

I think we are still a few players short of making any impact in Europe, especially if we make it and get a draw like last season.

2 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

Right you two, calm the f**k down emoji23.png

Knowing us, we'll get pumped off some shite Scandinavian mob.

I think we are still a few players short of making any impact in Europe, especially if we make it and get a draw like last season.

Did Dave King tell you to post that? :rolleyes:

I just feel Celtic have a better chance to qualify this season compared to last years qualifying campaign.

pick your easiest group and the group of death

Group Stage (32 teams)
Pot 1                          coef.              Pot 2                          coef.
------------------------ --- ----------------     ------------------------ --- ----------------
Real Madrid              Esp 176.999              FC Barcelona             Esp 151.999
Bayern München           Ger 154.899              Atlético Madrid          Esp 142.999
Chelsea                  Eng 106.192              Paris Saint-Germain      Fra 126.333
Juventus                 Ita 140.666              Borussia Dortmund        Ger 124.899
Benfica                  Por 111.866              Sevilla *4               Esp 112.999
AS Monaco                Fra  62.333              Manchester City          Eng 100.192
Spartak Moscow           Rus  18.606              FC Porto                 Por  98.866
Shakhtar Donetsk         Ukr  87.526              Manchester United        Eng  95.192

Pot 3                          coef.              Pot 4                          coef.
------------------------ --- ----------------     ------------------------ --- ----------------
Napoli *4                Ita  88.666              AS Roma                  Ita  53.666
Tottenham Hotspur        Eng  77.192              Besiktas                 Tur  45.840
FC Basel                 Sui  74.415              Celtic **                Sco  42.785
Dinamo Kiev *3           Ukr  67.526              FC Salzburg **           Aut  40.570
Ajax *3                  Ned  67.212              FC København **          Den  37.800
Olympiakos Piraeus *3    Gre  64.580              Ludogorets Razgrad **    Bul  34.175
Anderlecht               Bel  58.480              Feyenoord                Ned  23.212
Liverpool *4             Eng  56.192              RB Leipzig               Ger  15.899

Group Stage (32 teams)
Pot 1                          coef.              Pot 2                          coef.------------------------ --- ----------------     ------------------------ --- ----------------Real Madrid              Esp 176.999              FC Barcelona             Esp 151.999Bayern München           Ger 154.899              Atlético Madrid          Esp 142.999Chelsea                  Eng 106.192              Paris Saint-Germain      Fra 126.333Juventus                 Ita 140.666              Borussia Dortmund        Ger 124.899Benfica                  Por 111.866              Sevilla *4               Esp 112.999AS Monaco                Fra  62.333              Manchester City          Eng 100.192Spartak Moscow           Rus  18.606              FC Porto                 Por  98.866Shakhtar Donetsk         Ukr  87.526              Manchester United        Eng  95.192Pot 3                          coef.              Pot 4                          coef.------------------------ --- ----------------     ------------------------ --- ----------------Napoli *4                Ita  88.666              AS Roma                  Ita  53.666Tottenham Hotspur        Eng  77.192              Besiktas                 Tur  45.840FC Basel                 Sui  74.415              Celtic **                Sco  42.785Dinamo Kiev *3           Ukr  67.526              FC Salzburg **           Aut  40.570Ajax *3                  Ned  67.212              FC København **          Den  37.800Olympiakos Piraeus *3    Gre  64.580              Ludogorets Razgrad **    Bul  34.175Anderlecht               Bel  58.480              Feyenoord                Ned  23.212Liverpool *4             Eng  56.192              RB Leipzig               Ger  15.899

I think I'll wait and see if we actually make the group stage before I even think about who we may get

12 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Group Stage (32 teams)

Pot 1                          coef.              Pot 2                          coef.
Real Madrid              Esp 176.999              FC Barcelona             Esp 151.999
Bayern München           Ger 154.899              Atlético Madrid          Esp 142.999
Chelsea                  Eng 106.192              Paris Saint-Germain      Fra 126.333
Juventus                 Ita 140.666              Borussia Dortmund        Ger 124.899
Benfica                  Por 111.866              Sevilla *4               Esp 112.999
AS Monaco                Fra  62.333              Manchester City          Eng 100.192
Spartak Moscow           Rus  18.606              FC Porto                 Por  98.866
Shakhtar Donetsk         Ukr  87.526              Manchester United        Eng  95.192

Pot 3                          coef.              Pot 4                          coef.
Napoli *4                Ita  88.666              AS Roma                  Ita  53.666
Tottenham Hotspur        Eng  77.192              Besiktas                 Tur  45.840
FC Basel                 Sui  74.415              Celtic **                Sco  42.785
Dinamo Kiev *3           Ukr  67.526              FC Salzburg **           Aut  40.570
Ajax *3                  Ned  67.212              FC København **          Den  37.800
Olympiakos Piraeus *3    Gre  64.580              Ludogorets Razgrad **    Bul  34.175
Anderlecht               Bel  58.480              Feyenoord                Ned  23.212
Liverpool *4             Eng  56.192              RB Leipzig               Ger  15.899

Easiest for Celtic would be

Spartak Moscow - Porto-Olympiakos-

Group of Death would be

Bayern Munich-Barcelona-Tottenham