The Celtic All Seasons thread

5 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

As much as I like Mulumbu there are 2 reasons why Celtic signing him would be underwhelming

1. Midfield is not an area Celtic really need to strengthen

2. Celtic should have signed John McGinn who is a much more exciting player but the board cheaped out

I agree but I do still think it's a good signing. I'm not sure what his wages will be like, but he'll probably be able to provide good cover for both Brown (who I don't think has started this season as strongly) and Ntcham.

As much as I like Mulumbu there are 2 reasons why Celtic signing him would be underwhelming

1. Midfield is not an area Celtic really need to strengthen

2. Celtic should have signed John McGinn who is a much more exciting player but the board cheaped out

Bit of a contradiction there, midfield is not an area needing strengthening but we should’ve signed McGinn.

Honestly don’t get the mass disappointment with McGinn. 5 goals last season in a team that finished 4th.

He’s playing well in the championship but so are players like waghorn and Daryl Murphy, a decent player but nothing special imo. Esp not at £23000 per week and however many million it would’ve taken to sign him.

29 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I agree but I do still think it's a good signing. I'm not sure what his wages will be like, but he'll probably be able to provide good cover for both Brown (who I don't think has started this season as strongly) and Ntcham.

He was reportedly on £40k a week at Norwich & 60k a week at West Brom. He was looking for a final payday on what's probably his last decent contract.

I guess you need to weigh up what Celtic are offering in proportion to appearances he's likely to make. 

FYI, When he signed for us on loan last November he only played in just over 50% of matches till the end of season due to injury.

Is Brendan resorting to panic buying? ......

He was reportedly on £40k a week at Norwich & 60k a week at West Brom. He was looking for a final payday on what's probably his last decent contract.
I guess you need to weigh up what Celtic are offering in proportion to appearances he's likely to make. 
FYI, When he signed for us on loan last November he only played in just over 50% of matches till the end of season due to injury.
Is Brendan resorting to panic buying? ......

16 league starts and 2 as a sub after making his debut on 9th dec.

1 more appearance would have been 50% of league games but only singed in late nov. Doesn’t sound that injury prone.

5 hours ago, Guts said:

Rumour has it Mulumbu is inbound. Would be a good signing I think. Was excellent for Killie last season.

Good signing as he showed what he could do at killie last season, with better players around him celtic should get more out of him.

6 hours ago, C4mmy31 said:

FYI, When he signed for us on loan last November he only played in just over 50% of matches till the end of season due to injury

He signed on a permanent contract. As said 18 league appearances after debuting in December isn't a bad return.