The Celtic All Seasons thread

46 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

See your point as a fan but I think your squad just now is good enough to go unbeaten in the league again. 

That may be the case but my fear if they do not is if they do an Arsenal!, one season Wenger didn't sign a player at all at the start of the season and they had a disastrous start to their campaign because all the other clubs had played the same squad the previous season and knew what to expect from Arsene Wenger's side and had tactically set up accordingly. It took the Christmas transfer window to bring players in and save their season.

Celtic need somebody different to have options not previously available to other clubs managers to make them think instead of I know how they will set up tactically just like last season.

14 hours ago, hellbhoy said:

That may be the case but my fear if they do not is if they do an Arsenal!, one season Wenger didn't sign a player at all at the start of the season and they had a disastrous start to their campaign because all the other clubs had played the same squad the previous season and knew what to expect from Arsene Wenger's side and had tactically set up accordingly. It took the Christmas transfer window to bring players in and save their season.

Celtic need somebody different to have options not previously available to other clubs managers to make them think instead of I know how they will set up tactically just like last season.

Arsenal had competition mate. You will win the league at a canter.

You don't need to upgrade your squad. For example Ntcham could turn out to be honking and you will still walk the league. If he turns out to be Good, then perfect that's a big sell on profit for you.

The other clubs have lost their top players e.g. Cummings, Lindsay, Hayes, McGinn. Rangers have signed unknowns which so far look totally pish.

You've won it already. I reckon by between 20-30 points.

55 minutes ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Would like him to come back to Utd but we couldn't afford his wages

To get his career back on track Ciftci knows he needs to move on and realisticaly cant expect similar wages elsewhere to what he is on at Celtic.

He may well get part of his contract paid up by us to move him on and offset any reduction in salary with whichever club he ends up at as is often the case with out of favour players at clubs with bloated squads who can afford to do so.

13 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

To get his career back on track Ciftci knows he needs to move on and realisticaly cant expect similar wages elsewhere to what he is on at Celtic.

He may well get part of his contract paid up by us to move him on and offset any reduction in salary with whichever club he ends up at as is often the case with out of favour players at clubs with bloated squads who can afford to do so.

That becomes the problem with bringing in too many average players, you get stuck with guys like Ciftci, Allan, etc... on long contracts for probably the biggest wage of their career. Celtic have managed to keep it relatively under control but Sevco have a massive problem because nobody is going to pay all of those pish players anywhere close to what they are paying them.

What's the story with big Ajer? 
See he hasn't played much preseason.

I'll give Brendan Rodgers a blowjob every week if he gives us big Ajer back.

And, knowing Brendan's history, he might enjoy that.

1 minute ago, Dindeleux said:

f**k me not exactly the answer I was looking for!

23 minutes ago, Dindeleux said:

Im going to bite here and ask what the second half of your post refers to as I feel I may have missed a major story at some point?

3 hours ago, The_Judge said:

You're probably right BUT it'll be a fluke result that stops it happening.

It's always a fluke result when Celtic are beaten. I mind last season flukey Barca flukily beating us 7-0.

And @Flybhoy Brendan Rodgers shagged a tranny (allegedly).

6 hours ago, The_Judge said:

This must mean that McGregor will be spending the majority of the season on the bench or starting league cup matches...unless Armstrong is poached before the season starts properly?

Would be another good loan signing for Aberdeen.

I think McGregor will still have a part to play.  We will probably see Henderson and Kouassi go out on loan though

4 hours ago, Greenlantern said:

Unless we sign another CB looks like we could require Ajer's services. Boyata out with a knee injury.

If we smoke Linfield Friday night I hope big Ajer gets a start in the second leg. 

Also a quick glance at the rumour mill shows me that apparently Moussa Dembele is not going to sign for a top EPL team, he's going to Marseille.

Edit: also we are linked to 18 year old Chelsea CB Kyle Jameson

Edited by senorsoupe

2 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

If we smoke Linfield Friday night I hope big Ajer gets a start in the second leg. 

Also a quick glance at the rumour mill shows me that apparently Moussa Dembele is not going to sign for a top EPL team, he's going to Marseille.

Edit: also we are linked to 18 year old Chelsea CB Kyle Jameson

https://stv.tv/sport/football/1393192-chelsea-defender-kyle-jameson-on-trial-with-celtic/

ETA gannonball beat me too it.

Edited by TheCelt67

Just now, The_Judge said:

True.  With only 5 league starts last season (only two of which lasted the 90) Henderson has good reason to be concerned that he's not going to have a proper career at Celtic.

Kouassi Eboue was more of a surprise with a total of 91 minutes of league football spread over 4 matches.  With a reported transfer fee of around £3 million I expect him to get more chances this season.

Agreed.  Another possibility is that Nir Biton leaves.  His game slowing/deep lying style doesn't really jive with Brendan's high temp/high press style so he's fallen down the pecking order.