The Celtic All Seasons thread

5 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

Here is the text

Le joueur de soccer québécois Émile Legault poursuivra son parcours avec l'un des plus prestigieux clubs d'Écosse.

Le Québécois a été embauché par le Celtic de Glasgow, où il s'alignera pour l'instant avec l’équipe de réserve, a appris le journaliste de TVA Sports Nicolas A Martineau mercredi.

Le printemps dernier, le joueur de 18 ans faisait partie de la délégation canadienne de 20 joueurs qui a participé à un tournoi international des meilleurs espoirs en France.

Originaire de Longueuil, Legault s'est exilé en France à l'âge de 14 ans où il a rejoint l'académie d'Auxerre, où il a évolué jusque chez les U19.

Le défenseur latéral droit s'est mis en évidence lors du prestigieux tournoi de Toulon, alors qu'il a été l'un des éléments clés de la sélection canadienne des moins de 20 ans. Au cours de ce tournoi, Legault a été nommé joueur du match quand le Canada a soutiré un verdict nul de 0 à 0 face au Portugal.

Legault s'est entraîné avec l'Impact au mois de juillet et il était intéressé à se joindre au bleu-blanc-noir, mais le club n'a pas été en mesure de lui faire une place au sein de l'effectif.

Merci mon cunto, lève-toi. :P

2 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

We're gonna sign Denayer....

It'll kind of matter if we sell Boyata....

Personally I rate Denayer higher than most of Celtic's current centre-halves so if a deal can be done then it would be a boost to the team.  Depends on how cheap Lawell feels like being

4 hours ago, Biscuits said:

Brendan isn’t happy - first decent offer from England and he’ll be off

Sounds like tonight Celtic could  have done with an attack-minded, game-changing midfielder for when Rogic ran out of legs. Can't think of any they could have signed  though. Any ideas ?

Edited by Pet Jeden

Sounds like tonight you could have done with an attack-minded, game-changing midfielder for when Rogic ran out of legs. Can't think of any you could have signed  though. Any ideas ?

Don’t know why you’re quoting me and saying “you” - I’m pissing myself laughing at them.

Celtic really need to invest in a top quality CH. Ajer and Hendry aren't quite there yet and the likes of Denayer/Boyata IMO aren't good enough for Celtic on a European level. You lot have a cracking squad that is so far ahead of anyone else in Scotland but that area of the pitch looks weak in comparison to the rest. The last quality CH Celtic have had was probably VVD. Not that I'm saying you can get anywhere near like him again, but surely there's better than Denayer and Boyata out there?

Just now, wastecoatwilly said:

It's been a bad 24 hours for Celtic,Losing out on McGinn, spending dosh on the lights and the pitch and forgetting about the first team,poor result at home in Europe.

Today looks to be a brighter day.  The Daniel Arzani loan deal is set to be done while the return of Emilio Izaguirre will provide some much needed cover at Left Back. 

27 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Today looks to be a brighter day.  The Daniel Arzani loan deal is set to be done while the return of Emilio Izaguirre will provide some much needed cover at Left Back. 

For me there is a difference in making the squad better and making the first 11 better,this is where the problem is here, Celtic have the best squad in Scotland but hit a glass ceiling to improve the squad,for me i look at the team behind the team eg.ralston,miller,gamboa,Allan,Christie,biton,bain,Morgan,kouassi,compper,hayes,johnston these players are not going to improve our first 11 but would you call them dead wood?

3 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

For me there is a difference in making the squad better and making the first 11 better,this is where the problem is here, Celtic have the best squad in Scotland but hit a glass ceiling to improve the squad,for me i look at the team behind the team eg.ralston,miller,gamboa,Allan,Christie,biton,bain,Morgan,kouassi,compper,hayes,johnston these players are not going to improve our first 11 but would you call them dead wood?

Allan would be the only one that would be "dead wood" in my opinion.  Celtic still need a squad of players as you can't have the same 11 guys play 50+ games per season.  There will be injuries like there were last year, suspensions, fatigue etc....  My opinion is that the side is plenty deep behind the first XI but the first XI still needs some boosting.  Centre back is the obvious area but another out and out winger is also needed due to Sinclair's inconsistent form. 

Oh, and it looks as though the Emile Legault deal is indeed happening subject to a work permit.  Would love to see a Canadian play for the Celtic first team one day, I don't believe there has ever been a Canadian playing for Celtic (unless you count Simon Lynch)

3 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Allan would be the only one that would be "dead wood" in my opinion.  Celtic still need a squad of players as you can't have the same 11 guys play 50+ games per season.  There will be injuries like there were last year, suspensions, fatigue etc....  My opinion is that the side is plenty deep behind the first XI but the first XI still needs some boosting.  Centre back is the obvious area but another out and out winger is also needed due to Sinclair's inconsistent form. 

I named 12 players in my first post but left out another 16 players that get regular game time in the first 11 it's these 16 players that we need to improve on,eg dembele,tierney,brown,boyata,eduard,rogic,griffith,lustig,sinclair,forrest,gordon,mcgregor,jozo,ajer,ntcham,hendry,