The Celtic All Seasons thread

I watch quite a bit of the Aussie league. He looks a great prospect, but still very raw.

I'd much rather we gave the likes of Christie a chance first, and concentrated on signing another centre half.

AFC Fan in peace here....why does Rodgers love to take random loan signings in that he has little intention of playing? surely there are young players at the club deserving of a chance?

Your timing is great as we have zero loan players atm.

I think it’s a good idea to have a look at players with a view to buying them, ie Edouard, but I’m not a fan of bringing in players like Roberts who we could never afford, I’d rather see an up and coming player get a chance or a loaner we could actually buy if he fits in.

9 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

Your timing is great as we have zero loan players atm.

I think it’s a good idea to have a look at players with a view to buying them, ie Edouard, but I’m not a fan of bringing in players like Roberts who we could never afford, I’d rather see an up and coming player get a chance or a loaner we could actually buy if he fits in.

I get your logic Drew about loaning in players we can afford to buy if Brendan sees potential in them.

And then there's the loaning of expensive talented players like Roberts. Bringing in loan players the calibre of Roberts is potentially money in the bank for Celtic if their contributions are pivotal to Celtic winning games and even more so in trying to reach the Champions League group stage. Kerrching.

I didn't have a problem getting Roberts back for a second spell but he didn't manage to shine like in his first spell unfortunately.

Lastly it pissed of the Sevco fans because the calibre of loanee Celtic were getting was a far bigger gulf in class than they were getting, the seethe was strong.

CELTIC Football Club has confirmed that it will issue approximately 800 tickets to visiting supporters for the fixture against Rangers at Celtic Park on September 2. This mirrors the decision announced recently by Rangers.

This is not a development we welcome and it is unfortunate that the initial decision came without any form of discussion. The previous arrangements worked well for both sets of supporters as well as contributing to the status of the fixture as a sporting occasion.

Following the unilateral action by Rangers, we cannot allow our own supporters to be doubly penalised, by having access to the away fixture reduced so dramatically, while not being offered the opportunity to maximise our own support at Celtic Park.

The rules of the SPFL call for ‘reasonable’ provision to be made for visiting supporters, without being specific on numbers. Within that context, we would welcome further discussions involving the two clubs and the SPFL.

Celtic’s decision relates, at this stage, to the match on September 2, 2018.

Meanwhile, Celtic will closely monitor the implications for crowd management and other factors surrounding these fixtures. We will at all times be guided by the interests of our own supporters and the reputation of Scottish football.

4 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

CELTIC Football Club has confirmed that it will issue approximately 800 tickets to visiting supporters for the fixture against Rangers at Celtic Park on September 2. This mirrors the decision announced recently by Rangers.

This is not a development we welcome and it is unfortunate that the initial decision came without any form of discussion. The previous arrangements worked well for both sets of supporters as well as contributing to the status of the fixture as a sporting occasion.

Following the unilateral action by Rangers, we cannot allow our own supporters to be doubly penalised, by having access to the away fixture reduced so dramatically, while not being offered the opportunity to maximise our own support at Celtic Park.

The rules of the SPFL call for ‘reasonable’ provision to be made for visiting supporters, without being specific on numbers. Within that context, we would welcome further discussions involving the two clubs and the SPFL.

Celtic’s decision relates, at this stage, to the match on September 2, 2018.

Meanwhile, Celtic will closely monitor the implications for crowd management and other factors surrounding these fixtures. We will at all times be guided by the interests of our own supporters and the reputation of Scottish football.

Using the word Rangers won't go down well with the applepiners.

"further discussions involving the two clubs and the SPFL"  Looks like Shifty will be taking action against those pesky Sevconians....

On 26/07/2018 at 13:21, troopio said:

AFC Fan in peace here....why does Rodgers love to take random loan signings in that he has little intention of playing? surely there are young players at the club deserving of a chance?

Looking at the ones we have signed on loan-

Roberts: already a proven talent when Rodgers resigned him but he spent the majority of the season on loan.

Edouard: We only had 2 recognised strikers both of whom are injury prone when we loaned him initally  The best young stiker we have in Aitchison but I dont think he has the strength or experience to play up front on his own. Now we are looking to play 2 up front this season he may get some game time.

Musonda: Turned up with an impressive pedigree. Looked a player against St.Petersburg but was pretty much never to be seen again. Belgium u21 coach has questioned his attitude. Mikey Johnstone would be the player he potentially would have kept out but he was injured for the majority of rhe second half of the season and then kept Musonda out the squads towards the tail end.

Rodgers has said he wont play youngsters for the sake of it if he feels they arent pulling their weight. He did a tour last season of Austria last year with a small squad to prove this. I agree with this as many can easily play a few games for celtic and feel they have made it (See Tony Watt as an example). 

He did blood Johnstone and Ralston last season but both got long term injuries and  Ajer becoming a first pick shows he will give youth a chance but only if they work hard. 

28 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

This is what happens when a few get annoyed at us lording it over them, shame for the real fans on both sides.

Rangers reduced ticket allocations for all premiership clubs, not sure why celtic are taking this so personally....

9 minutes ago, bennett said:

Rangers reduced ticket allocations for all premiership clubs, not sure why celtic are taking this so personally....

I'd imagine that it's due to the Clubs previously having a pro rata agreement between them  for ticket sales. Absolutely nothing to do with Rangers* being furious about the entire Broomloan Stand celebrating yet another horsing of their team being pumped.

A statement on the Scottish champions’ website read: “An unprecedented double treble and historic season for the club has led to a phenomenal level of demand from supporters to be part of Celtic.

“We are happy to reciprocate in terms of ticket allocation, something which will give us the opportunity to meet this huge demand to visit Celtic Park.”

42 minutes ago, bennett said:

They aren't, their just letting more fans in to laugh at the inevitable pumping of Rangers...just wait till you're behind early on in the league then you have to come to paradise in front of 60,000 Celtic fans:lol:

Scottish football needs a strong rangers and the blue pound...no wait..we don't.

Edited by Jdog

29 minutes ago, sjc said:

I'd imagine that it's due to the Clubs previously having a pro rata agreement between them  for ticket sales. Absolutely nothing to do with Rangers* being furious about the entire Broomloan Stand celebrating yet another horsing of their team being pumped.

Don't be silly Drew, Rangers simply had an unprecedented demand for season tickets and had to put their own fans first.

If celtic want to reduce our allocation for the applepine arena then that's fair enough, no need for any foot stamping.

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Don't be silly Drew, Rangers simply had an unprecedented demand for season tickets and had to put their own fans first.

If celtic want to reduce our allocation for the applepine arena then that's fair enough, no need for any foot stamping.

But but ..the bloooo pound!

1 hour ago, bennett said:

Complete and utter bollocks as you well know, im sure there was an unprecedented demand for ST during the Souness years and Rangers nine in a row but I could count on one hand the amount of times we won there in that decade, four consecutive pumpings and Celtic fans and players celebrating had your mob frothing at the mouth to cut our allocation,  it was all over social media and the forums with little thought for the 7000 or so fellow Rangers fans who would miss out on a ticket for CP who are the real losers in the clubs pig headed decision. It was obvious Celtic would reciprocate the gesture,  for every action there is a reaction etc etc.

For the record im neither happy nor dissapointed at Celtic's inevitable return gesture,  I actually think its a genuine shame that this derby, possibly the only high profile one in football to have a big away support (yes I know some of the songs from each support can be less than PC) will now lose part of it's uniqueness and appeal, I genuinely think the fixture at both grounds will be poorer for it, interesting to note Celtic have left the door open in their statement for a return to the status quo in future, for my tuppence worth I reckon the SPFL should stipulate a minimum amount or percentage for away fans, the current 'reasonable provision' wording is too vague and counts for f**k all.

Rangers, Celtic,  Hibs, Hearts and Aberdeen have all, at various points shafted away supports when it suits them, a 5 or 10 percent provision for visiting supports should be stipulated in my opinion. 

Edited by Flybhoy

In addition to my previous post, hypothetical I know since its unlikely but clubs should have to allow for/offer said 5 to 10%, in instances such as Livingston,  Hamilton etc where they clearly wont uptake said allocations by all means sell the remainder to home support but, at the risk of sounding like an old fart, small away supports lessens the atmosphere at games IMO,  I often watch old games on YouTube and, even in the early 90's teams like Aberdeen and the Edinburgh sides would bring 2000 plus to Celtic Park and Ibrox,  giving them a few hundred in a pokey wee corner is pretty gash and cheapens our argument when we get our allocations cut at Tynecastle,  Pittodrie etc.