The Celtic All Seasons thread

5 hours ago, UnitedLoon63 said:

Are Celtic looking to loan or sell ciftci?

Take your pick, he just needs to get gone from Celtic

Oh and apparently Logan Bailly (remember him?) is heading back to Belgium with Excel Mouscron

24 minutes ago, The OP said:

I'm not one for watching friendlies but sounds like we're ripping Shamrock Rovers a new one. Bodes well for Linfield.

Hopefully Linfield are shitting their pants at this news

Edited by senorsoupe

1 minute ago, TheCelt67 said:

Granted it's only a friendly and friendlies are usually a bunch of arse but we're playing some nice stuff today.

Oh for sure, but it's nice to see Celtic playing so well against a team in a higher ranked league than our European opponents.  

1 minute ago, TheCelt67 said:

I'd settle for 2-0 on Friday.

That would be fine, although it would be nice to get 4 or 5 with the A team so that Brendan can give some of the youngsters like Ralston, Ajer, Aitchison et al. some game time in the second leg

edit: 8-0

Edited by senorsoupe

A small selfish part of me (not my cock) would like the second leg to matter but my overriding feeling is that if we can annihilate Linfield that would be class.

Also, heard a rumour Ntcham is in town, staying at the Blythswood.

4 minutes ago, Baldie1980 said:

Who has scored for you guys

Sinclair (x2), Hayes, Forrest, Armstrong (x2), Dembele and Lustig.

Like a who's who of the invincibles with one of the runners up treble winners sticking his (not insubstantial) nose in.

ETA - and Rogic

Edited by The OP

6 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

It's not a disaster if you don't sign anyone is it. You will win the league easily as there is no team that can compete with you as the rest are fucking keek.

As for Champions League, I think you will qualify for Group Stage but not get any further.

Chuck in both domestic cups and a chance to go unbeaten so no signings needed.

Agreed. I sort of hope or expect Celtic to get the kitty out this season and spend a little more than usual to at least try and compete in the Champs League. Might not get into the knockout stages but hope for a run in the Europa League clinching 3rd position in the CL.

Celtic won't go unbeaten this season, can't see two seasons unbeaten back to back.

Just a player of two of note and quality.

So apparently Olivier Ntcham is having a medical at Celtic?

http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2017/07/08/manchester-city-midfielder-olivier-ntcham-undergoes-celtic-medical-ahead-of-4m-move-report/

This is the first I am hearing of him being linked (if this is true), so either Celtic are really good at keeping things under wraps, the Scottish media is completely clueless, or both

21 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

So apparently Olivier Ntcham is having a medical at Celtic?

http://www.mcfcwatch.com/2017/07/08/manchester-city-midfielder-olivier-ntcham-undergoes-celtic-medical-ahead-of-4m-move-report/

This is the first I am hearing of him being linked (if this is true), so either Celtic are really good at keeping things under wraps, the Scottish media is completely clueless, or both

6 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He's been linked since about Thursday has he not?

There is a screenshot of a news article on this thread posted 19 hours ago so that sounds about right. Celtic are really good at keeping transfers under wraps by ensuring people don't read the previous page in a thread.

Agreed. I sort of hope or expect Celtic to get the kitty out this season and spend a little more than usual to at least try and compete in the Champs League. Might not get into the knockout stages but hope for a run in the Europa League clinching 3rd position in the CL.
Celtic won't go unbeaten this season, can't see two seasons unbeaten back to back.

I think we will only spend money if BR can find the right players to sign. I think the days of blowing £10m every summer on 4 or 5 projects are done with for now. It's really tough for us to bring in the quality that BR needs for the CL so I don't see many new faces arriving.

The fans need to be really patient and understand how difficult it is in our environment to attract the required quality. A quick look at some of our forums and people are panicing and going mental at PL for not signing anyone. Our fans really annoy me at times.

I think we are good to go even without any new signings. We are a far better team now than this time last season.

1 hour ago, Tartantony said:

I think we will only spend money if BR can find the right players to sign. I think the days of blowing £10m every summer on 4 or 5 projects are done with for now. It's really tough for us to bring in the quality that BR needs for the CL so I don't see many new faces arriving.

The fans need to be really patient and understand how difficult it is in our environment to attract the required quality. A quick look at some of our forums and people are panicing and going mental at PL for not signing anyone. Our fans really annoy me at times.

I think we are good to go even without any new signings. We are a far better team now than this time last season.

Naw I disagree we need quality back up players as well who can play in one or more positions to cover injuries, bans and the like. They don't need to be marquee quality, just cover for when the first choice players can't play, grafters really.

One big name signing is definitely on the cards, I can feel it and I can smell it. I think Celtic will sign a prolific striker and go two up front.

5 hours ago, hellbhoy said:

See your point as a fan but I think your squad just now is good enough to go unbeaten in the league again.