The Celtic All Seasons thread

IMG_5723.jpg

Google Translate of the article on Di Marzio.

Josè Mourinho could be back on track. Celtic, who yesterday became the champion of Scotland for the 50th time in its history, presented an offer that the surprise Special One would be evaluating.

The last trophy won by the former Inter coach was the Europa League in 2017 on the Manchester United bench, from which he was exempted in December last year. That's why now he wants to win again, albeit in a minor league. And sitting on a bench of a team that comes from eight titles in a row would be almost a guarantee. Mourinho, moreover, could try to improve Celtic's European path, which this season was eliminated in the Champions League preliminaries and then in the Europa League round of 32.

His agent Jorge Mendes is continuing to work to open a window to the PSG, where, however, there are no certainties of a change on the bench. Indeed, in the end Tuchel should stay. If the PSG bench were to remain occupied and no other intriguing offers arrive, Celtic temptation could attract Mourinho: Mendes already has the offer in hand and a strong relationship with the club president.

A temptation to register and an opening by Mou, which suggests that the Portuguese also evaluates championship solutions that are not necessarily among the main ones. Josè wants to go back to winning trophies, at Celtic you can.

3 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

From a report in Di Marzio so neither.

The Sun picked up on this, ran with the story, less than an hour later have edited the piece rubbishing reports.  Scottish media :lol:

Gary Hooper released by Sheffield Wednesday. Do you think the club will be interested in bringing him in for a second stint? Am sure most fans would love to see him back in a Celtic shirt. Can still do a job in the premiership if he keeps himself fit I reckon.

Edit. I know DC United and another MLS are interested aswell as a Turkish side.

Just now, Arbroathlegend36-0 said:

Gary Hooper released by Sheffield Wednesday. Do you think the club will be interested in bringing him in for a second stint? Am sure most fans would love to see him back in a Celtic shirt. Can still do a job in the premiership if he keeps himself fit I reckon.

Would be happy to offer him a year anyway. He’s 31 now but we have pretty much played the season with one fully fit striker.

Celtic 'managing' Tierney's hernia issue till he can get his op in the summer isn't for me. He is about 50% the player he normally is just now, clearly playing through the pain barrier and/or not goung full pelt because at the back of his mind he fears aggravating the issue. 

Get him the operation now, regardless of the Cup Final id rather we didn't risk him at all the now, he could really make it worse and seems to be missing or preserving some of his energy in games, give me a 100% fit Hayes or even Izzaguire for the remaining league games and the cup final and hopefuly he can back for the European qualifiers.

Celtic 'managing' Tierney's hernia issue till he can get his op in the summer isn't for me. He is about 50% the player he normally is just now, clearly playing through the pain barrier and/or not goung full pelt because at the back of his mind he fears aggravating the issue. 
Get him the operation now, regardless of the Cup Final id rather we didn't risk him at all the now, he could really make it worse and seems to be missing or preserving some of his energy in games, give me a 100% fit Hayes or even Izzaguire for the remaining league games and the cup final and hopefuly he can back for the European qualifiers.

He’ll be back in light training a week after his op. He’ll definitely be fit for your European qualifiers imo.

9 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Its fucking stupid but Lennon seems more intent on making sure he gets the job than care about Tierneys long term health.

10 hours ago, Flybhoy said:

Agreed. Was thinking on Saturday as much as he is a no nonsense defender it was ridiculous how much he was clearing the ball away from him straight away regardless of who was around him. The guy is currently a shell of himself. Would rather have a fully fit Hayes at left back than that.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

Its fucking stupid but Lennon seems more intent on making sure he gets the job than care about Tierneys long term health.

He’s done it before with Loovens when he was Interim last time, tried to rush him back when we had already lost the league and out the cup and he ended up missing the start of the next season. MON did it all the time with players when we had a decent enough squad to deal with it. Strachan ran Brown in to the ground when ne needed an op too. I might understand if its the sort of niggle that the player can handle but just doesnt make sense when there is a fully fit option behind them.

Edited by gannonball

Winning games 1-0 it's not the Celtic way,performances would dreadful feck Mourinho. 
Really? There have been 11 league games this season that have been either a 0-0 draw or a 1-0 win. That's just under one third of all league games. Taking it a bit further around 25% of league games have been 0-0 or 1-0 wins since Rodgers took over.

I'd take 38 boring 1-0s over some diddy like Lennon or Martinez. Not that Mourinho would ever take the job of course

23 minutes ago, Tartantony said:

I'd take 38 boring 1-0s over some diddy like Lennon or Martinez.

Half joking about Mourinho,The style of management is important Rodgers and Strachan is to tippy tappy for me O'neil and Lennon probably to direct but better to watch.

Mourinho would probably win you games in Europe, which is surely preferable to Rodgers absolutely deluded attempts at it.

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Half joking about Mourinho,The style of management is important Rodgers and Strachan is to tippy tappy for me O'neil and Lennon probably to direct but better to watch.

And there you have Scottish football in a nutshell.  "Hit the channels, Jordan!" "Get stuck in, Ryan!"  None of this passing the ball out from the back - get rid of it quickly and thump it sixty yards.

3 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Mourinho would probably win you games in Europe, which is surely preferable to Rodgers absolutely deluded attempts at it.

There is little to no chance of Mourinho taking over but that's my thinking on it.