Under Rodgers

320 corners

4 goals

1.25%

Under Lenny

50 corners

0 goals

0%

You'd probably have to go back to the O'Neill era for the last time we were a threat from set pieces.

Do we stick or twist with Lenny?

There are two scenarios here, he cleans up the silverware with BR's squad.
Or he drops a cup to lose out on the Treble Treble.

My opinion is, either way, the board should (and have) plenty of time to be considering a permanent replacement.
I like Neil Lennon, and I think his time spent at Hibs has done him well, I also understand the Hibs fans frustrations regarding his team selection and performances towards the end of his spell.

Managing Celtic is an unforgiving task, not many can handle the pressure and expectations. Lennon is one who understands this.
However, we've all been there before.

The next few weeks will be very interesting, and critical in terms of how the board approach a successor who is both captivated and capable of taking Celtic forward.

3 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

Do we stick or twist with Lenny?

There are two scenarios here, he cleans up the silverware with BR's squad.
Or he drops a cup to lose out on the Treble Treble.

My opinion is, either way, the board should (and have) plenty of time to be considering a permanent replacement.
I like Neil Lennon, and I think his time spent at Hibs has done him well, I also understand the Hibs fans frustrations regarding his team selection and performances towards the end of his spell.

Managing Celtic is an unforgiving task, not many can handle the pressure and expectations. Lennon is one who understands this.
However, we've all been there before.

The next few weeks will be very interesting, and critical in terms of how the board approach a successor who is both captivated and capable of taking Celtic forward.

It's a no from me.

I like Lennon, and I fully respect the crap he's went through to be a part of this club ............ but that doesn't make you a shoe in for manager.

Reality is, we don't know who's available and who would accept so any names are a stab in the dark, but someone of the likes of Benitez would signal to the supporters about to shell out £600+ that we are intent on progressing.

On 4/6/2019 at 17:19, Drew Brees said:

Corner count as of today

370 corners

4 goals

(Boyata v Hamilton 26.08.18)

(Benkovic v Hearts 03.11.18)

(Christie v Hamilton 24.11.18)

(Brown v Kilmarnock 17.02.19)

1.081%

Under Rodgers

320 corners

4 goals

1.25%

Under Lenny

50 corners

0 goals

0%

I say to my mate at every corner (attacking set piece) the name of a player, usually a centre half! On the one occasion I remember us scoring from a corner this season I called the wrong player as big Benkovic headed home! 

My mate finds it very annoying which ensures that this will remain a feature in my match day habits.

All depends who the other options are. When we first appointed Lennon it was because we couldn't attract any single person of note, it’s a more attractive position now but I think Lawwell would rather have a lap dog again and also save money sadly. 

I think we have very little chance of getting him at all but we need to at least ask Benitez, he ticks all the boxes in terms of tight budget use, working under pressure and expectancy, has a great european record too. He could quite easily take any run of the mill premiership job though with double the money like Rodgers though.

Edited by gannonball

3 minutes ago, gannonball said:

All depends who the other options are. When we first appointed Lennon it was because we couldn't attract any single person of note, it’s a more attractive position now but I think Lawwell would rather have a lap dog again and also save money sadly. 

I think we have very little chance of getting him at all but we need to at least ask Benitez, he ticks all the boxes in terms of tight budget use, working under pressure and expectancy, has a great european record too. He could quite easily take any run of the mill premiership job though with double the money like Rodgers though.

Would Benitez have any interest if he wasn't going to get funds to actually compete in Europe? I doubt it.

Just now, Dons_1988 said:

Would Benitez have any interest if he wasn't going to get funds to actually compete in Europe? I doubt it.

I personally don't think he will, in mentioning his name I said as much! It's probably wishful thinking on my part, I would just like progress rather than an acceptance that our only role in football is the current state ....... I think I may be dissapointed.

29 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

Even if we did offer some funds I would still have my doubts he would want it. Its a job with more stress and less money compared to the average EPL team and its not as if he has anything to prove. He is out of contract though so no harm in approaching.

Edited by gannonball

10 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Even if we did offer some funds I would still have my doubts he would want it. Its a job with more stress and less money compared to the average EPL team and its not as if he has anything to prove. He is out of contract though so no harm in approaching.

Progress in Europe is the only real appeal I could see it having to Benitez and that won't happen without a good bit of money IMO. So just can't see it.

8 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Regarding EBT’s? Yeah we only had on player (Juninho) on this system but then Desmond found out and cancelled it.

Was Mjallby not being chased for it too not long ago?

Why would Benitez be interested, a guy in work said his name to me weeks back. He's lauded for the job he does at Newcastle with no cash. Surely he'd not look twice at Celtic?

2 minutes ago, Dele said:

Why would Benitez be interested, a guy in work said his name to me weeks back. He's lauded for the job he does at Newcastle with no cash. Surely he'd not look twice at Celtic?

Was unaware of this Just checked google but doesnt say its from an EBT scheme, as far Im aware all players were under PAYE. 

Your probably right regarding Benitez but I didn't think we had much chance of getting Rodgers so you never know.

45 minutes ago, Dele said:

Can't see someone like Benitez being even remotely interested to be honest. Can't honestly think of a reasonable target that would be just now, which says it all.