The Celtic All Seasons thread

All the best to Leigh Griffiths. Having battled with mental health issues myself for many years, the biggest obsticle is coming to terms with admitting you need help.

Edited by C4mmy31

7 hours ago, paranoid android said:

I was told (not from any great source) that he'd failed a drug test.

That's what I was alluding to when I asked on here a few weeks back if anyone had heard any rumours as that's what I had heard at the time. 

11 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

This episode has been a reminder of how depressing, ill-informed and tedious discussions between OF fans are. Not on here, to be fair, but social media is a hovel of dreadful debate.

Its brutal. Last night the highest rated reply to some journalists story on this was a Rangers fan shouting about child abuse.

This has served as a sickening reminder that people can’t find even the slightest bit of compassion in themselves to support someone who’s having a really fucking tough time of it. All because they, er, play for a team they don’t like. It’s fucking ridiculous.

All the best to Leigh Griffiths, as someone said above, he must be going through a fair bit of shit to have to give up football for a while.

2 hours ago, smpar said:

This has served as a sickening reminder that people can’t find even the slightest bit of compassion in themselves to support someone who’s having a really fucking tough time of it. All because they, er, play for a team they don’t like. It’s fucking ridiculous.

All the best to Leigh Griffiths, as someone said above, he must be going through a fair bit of shit to have to give up football for a while.

That's one way to look at it, the other is that we - as football supporters - do little better than bogart in on other peoples' tragedy. 

You know the kind of people I'm talking about, "I'm a *insert team* supporter here, but really hope that Leigh Griffiths conquers his personal demons".  Well, maybe you do pal - but in all honesty, there'll be a lot out there who don't really give a f**k - but like the sound of themselves saying these kind of things.  And in any case, there's a need to boil everything down to our tribal rivalries that negates that kind of humanity in the first instance.

It's a trend that one can observe more often when someone dies, or is diagnosed with some terrible disease that it "really puts football into perspective" - as was once memorably put on here, a perspective that is immediately lost as soon as your team is denied a throw in.

I don't mean to demean the struggles of anyone who's going through a rough patch, but I'd feel a lot better about it if we didn't belong to a body, as football supporters, who feel the divine right to say the most horrific of things to one another on a weekly basis - it would make all the faux compassion seem a bit more vrai.  As has been said previously, this story has - perplexingly - proven a jumping off point for finger pointing on the subject of an unsatisfactory level of assumed shame for historic child abuse cases.  We had a discussion a few weeks ago where the main point was to try and stop people from going out of their way to abuse injured soldiers.

It annoys me that Leigh Griffiths gambling problem will probably now become a sacred cow, and in a few hours time we'll all just go back to being absolute c***s to one another. 

17 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I had my teenage son at his first Scotland vs England game. We were right behind the goals at the other end and had a great view.

He gave me a father and son memory I will have forever.

I hope he beats his demons and gets back to doing what he does best.

All the best to your son. 

SunSport understands a relieved Ladbrokes November player of the month Christie learned immediate X-rays showed no signs of an ankle fracture which had been one of the original concerns.

He suffered a severe kick to his left calf and was in obvious distress as he lay on the ground.

Celtic’s medical team also don’t believe there’s any significant knee damage.

Christie will be scanned, though, to 100-per-cent determine what the issue is.

It could prove to be a ligament or Achilles knock.

Christie left Parkhead after the game on crutches.

Ffs some luck with significant  injuries in the last year or so

Hayes just starting to get his fitness and form then breaks his leg, I doubt he will make it now.

Sign Compper, gets injured straight away. 

Griffiths been struggling with injuries past year at least. Playing European ties with no striker available.

Gordon gets injured then our back up gets injured.

Simunovic pretty much plays a couple of games then gets injured for a couple of months.

Get Arzani, ruled out for the season on his debut.

Kouassi starts to get a game then also out for the season. Same happened to Johnstone last season other than making last few games.

Now Christie finally gets a game and out too.

Thats just off the top of my head probably more

Edited by gannonball

2 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

SunSport understands a relieved Ladbrokes November player of the month Christie learned immediate X-rays showed no signs of an ankle fracture which had been one of the original concerns.

He suffered a severe kick to his left calf and was in obvious distress as he lay on the ground.

Celtic’s medical team also don’t believe there’s any significant knee damage.

Christie will be scanned, though, to 100-per-cent determine what the issue is.

It could prove to be a ligament or Achilles knock.

Christie left Parkhead after the game on crutches.

Hopefully just a minor injury. Would hate to see him out long term. 

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Ffs some luck with significant  injuries in the last year or so

Hayes just starting to get his fitness and form then breaks his leg, I doubt he will make it now.

Sign Compper, gets injured straight away. 

Griffiths been struggling with injuries past year at least. Playing European ties with no striker available.

Gordon gets injured then our back up gets injured.

Simunovic pretty much plays a couple of games then gets injured for a couple of months.

Get Arzani, ruled out for the season on his debut.

Kouassi starts to get a game then also out for the season. Same happened to Johnstone last season other than making last few games.

Now Christie finally gets a game and out too.

Thats just off the top of my head probably more

Ajer and Bitton can be added to that list.  Although, I'm starting to doubt if there even is a footballer called Marvin Compper.  What's that, been seen twice in 18 months? 

9 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:

Hopefully just a minor injury. Would hate to see him out long term. 

Ajer and Bitton can be added to that list.  Although, I'm starting to doubt if there even is a footballer called Marvin Compper.  What's that, been seen twice in 18 months? 

Paddy missed a fair chunk of last season too, this is getting ridiculous.