The Celtic All Seasons thread

1 hour ago, Ross. said:

Both players sustaining season ending injuries due to landing awkwardly on grass parks.

I think we should ban grass parks.

Totally agree. Hope Brenda is all over Newspapers/TV/Radio at the weekend to get these damned grass pitches sorted out.

5 hours ago, Ross. said:

Both players sustaining season ending injuries due to landing awkwardly on grass parks.

I believe Murrayfield is a hybrid in Kouassis case so we should ban them both.

Either way its an utter shiter to have these two guys out for the  season if true. One on his debut the other has been injured For the half the time he has been here. Both are under 21 though so hopefully they recover well.

clearly we need to ban all movement. games will take place with a subbuteo set up. goals scored with a header count for two
I think we should bring back the red ash parks, added optional extras being glass and dug shite.
Halcyon days...
we used to train on red ash at stonehaven. after every training session tou would pick the grit out your wounds in the shower with blood pouring down your leg. these days the pounces wear tights!

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

If McGinn had came to Celtic would Christie have got his chance hes took with both hands?
For me it would've been impossible to keep them all and Celtic would've been accused of stifling players careers.
Brown,Armstrong,McGregor,McGinn,Christie,Henderson,Forrest,Morgan and Johnston.

A good point, I  thought Mcginn would be a natural successor to Brown but it appears to be right under our nose in Mcgregor and Christie can now take his postion further up the pitch potentially. It tooks years of development and a loan spell for Rogic to make it at Celtic, same can be said for Mcgregor, looks to be the same path for Christie.

6 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Olivier Ntcham just signed a contract extension until 2022

Marvellous 

Edited by gannonball

57 minutes ago, gannonball said:

A good point, I  thought Mcginn would be a natural successor to Brown but it appears to be right under our nose in Mcgregor and Christie can now take his postion further up the pitch potentially. It tooks years of development and a loan spell for Rogic to make it at Celtic, same can be said for Mcgregor, looks to be the same path for Christie.

Marvellous 

Will be interesting when brown is fit McGregor has played alot of football so he will need a rest at some point in the season,from Brown and biton to McGregor and Christie brings up the auld debate about celtic having a deep line midfielder.

Edited by wastecoatwilly

45 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Will be interesting when brown is fit McGregor has played alot of football so he will need a rest at some point in the season,from Brown and biton to McGregor and Christie brings up the auld debate about celtic having a deep line midfielder.

Ntcham can play as a Box to Box midfielder (similar role to what John McGinn plays) so he can play deeper if necessary while Bitton is due back relatively soon so he can play there as well.  When everyone is healthy here is Celtic's depth chart at central mid (IMHO).

Brown

Ntcham

McGregor

Mulumbu

Bitton

Kouassi

Rogic

Christie

Allan

And the depth chart at Central Attacking mid (IMHO

Rogic

McGregor

Christie

Ntcham

Allan

Johnston

23 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Christie signs 3 year deal, good news. I still have my doubts over how much of a regular he will be long term but hes developing in to quite an accomplished player who can play in a number of positions for us.

Agreed, he's really developing now.  If you think where Callum McGregor was 3 years ago you can see there is still a lot of potential with Christie so I hope to see him get a chance to continue to develop

57 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Christie signs 3 year deal, good news. I still have my doubts over how much of a regular he will be long term but hes developing in to quite an accomplished player who can play in a number of positions for us.

I agree, Ntcham is a year younger than Christie plus Rogic is only 25 with Celtic playing so many games they could all develop together.