The Celtic All Seasons thread

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Not sure going by bookies lines is credible... After all, it was on that basis that the Mourinho fantasy came about. 

I've honestly not even seen the bookie odds, although that might be where the amount of rage on Twitter stems from.

Moyes seems to be more of an unpopular choice than Lennon. Whilst a minority do want Lennon there is a smaller number again who would rather have Moyes just so its not Lenny. I am slowly coming round to the idea that he would be a decent enough choice.

If you look at the last two managers who managed at Premier league level (Rodgers and Clarke) they both horsed it up here and I would fancy Moyes to do much the same. If he doesn't hit the ground running though I can see fans turning on him soon enough. 

Edited by gannonball

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Moyes seems to be more of an unpopular choice than Lennon. Whilst a minority do want Lennon there is a smaller number again who would rather have Moyes just so its not Lenny. I am slowly coming round to the idea that he would be a decent enough choice.

If you look at the last two managers who managed at Premier league level (Rodgers and Clarke) they both horsed it up here and I would fancy Moyes to do much the same. If he doesn't hit the ground running though I can see fans turning on him soon enough. 

Moyes is a strange one.. Over achieved at Everton without really achieving anything.  United job was always gonna be tough after Fergie but it was a disaster in all honesty. After that he made awful decisions in the jobs he took. Real  Sociedad and Sunderland were crazy jobs to take.  West Ham are just shite. As you said if he doesn't hit the ground running the boo bhoys will be out..  it's risky and be the sounds of it very unpopular.

When you sold Dembele to Lyon was there a sell on clause? Man U seemingly after him in a deal over €40 million.

When this 1st was mentioned last week I read we’d get around £2m. Could be a load of bullocks though, so to summarise, I’ve no idea mate.

Edit - just worked out in my head that that is 10% of their profit so maybe that’s what we’d get

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-48403722

Celtic's statement on the latest case was published on the club's website at 16:10 on Friday.

It comes on the eve of the Scottish Cup Final which will see the club take on Hearts at Hampden.

Mr McGuire, of Glasgow-based law firm Thompsons, condemned the timing as "cynical in the extreme".He said: "The conviction and sentencing of McCafferty was over a week ago.

"To put this statement out late on a Friday afternoon before a holiday weekend on the day the prime minister resigns and before a potential Treble Treble weekend for the club is appalling.

"It is insult to everyone who suffered abuse and to their families.

"It is the worst kind of PR low cunning and casts the club in an even worse light than before. Every member of the Celtic board should hang their heads in shame. "

I can't help but agree.  IF we felt a statement was necessary we shouldn't have made it look so hollow and insincere.  Fuckin' Traynoresque.