The Celtic All Seasons thread

8 hours ago, Dele said:

Aye, we should just wheel out boys who spent their whole careers at Stranraer, Stenhousemuir and Edinburgh City before an Old Firm cup final. 

Cookoo land pish. 

Why not? Is it so offensive to ask fans to applaud for a few seconds?

Hibs and Rangers fans please welcome ex hearts and Celtic legend craaaig goooordon

:lol:

13 minutes ago, Snifter Pee Rot said:

Celtic should try and get the boy Kent before King can cobble some deal with Liverpool. He's way too good for 5088.  Would also anger 5088 fans which is always good. 

Apparently Liverpool want £12m, can't really see Peter going for him.

9 hours ago, TheCelt67 said:

Not seen it myself but apparently Boyata gave an interview today saying "if people knew the truth about why I decided to leave, I wouldn't be seen as the bad guy".  Curious as to whether Rodgers has perhaps broken some promises to Boyata similar to what he supposedly did to Dembele.

He claims he wouldve signed a new contract if it was offered, but it never was. Rodgers then ostracized Boyata publicly

52 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He claims he wouldve signed a new contract if it was offered, but it never was. Rodgers then ostracized Boyata publicly

He was ostracized because he refused to play, I don't think a fan of any club would really be backing the player regarding that circumstance. At the end of the day he would have wanted may more than our ceiling limit which we couldn't meet. Even though I said at the time we should have sold him on the back of the world cup and got players in ASAP in to replace him I don't think we would on the verge of a treble treble nor made the latter stages of Europe without him. Hes now most certainly got what he would have been asking for and in a top league so I don't  blame him for leaving.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

He was ostracized because he refused to play, I don't think a fan of any club would really be backing the player regarding that circumstance. At the end of the day he would have wanted may more than our ceiling limit which we couldn't meet. Even though I said at the time we should have sold him on the back of the world cup and got players in ASAP in to replace him I don't think we would on the verge of a treble treble nor made the latter stages of Europe without him. Hes now most certainly got what he would have been asking for and in a top league so I don't  blame him for leaving.

I agree with this he came back from the world cup thinking he could play at a higher level,Boyata wanted to leave celtic wouldn't let him leave a bit of a mess in the end.

He refused to play against AK Athens and he walked off the pitch in the second glasga derby at Celtic park glad hes away.

I know that Boyata didn't play after the group stages at the 2018 World Cup but whilst he was there he must have looked at the players around him and noticed that almost all were playing for big clubs in the biggest leagues and presumably earning between 5 and 15 times more than him.

At 28 (29 in November) this is very possibly his last chance for a lucrative long term deal.  His time in Glasgow was good for both sides and I hope he does well in Germany.

#POWER

_107024054_demb.jpg

Going into the next season they're a lot of if's and maybe's.
For me Celtic need a goalkeeper with De vries and Gordon going out the door we have Doohan coming back from his loan at Ayr.
With Boyata,Lustig,Gamboa leaving we need a right back and a centre half and maybe cover for Tierney at left back.
Midfield for me is still pretty decent if Ntcham stays Celtic need a big season from him,McGregor has played 66 games this season far too many need to rotate better.
For me I would keep Biton hes the only player that can do the same job as Brown plus he can step back into the centre of defence.
Goals from midfield Rogic doesn't score many and Christie is getting better each season,one more year from Sinclair if he left Celtic would need to replace his goals.
Up top French Eddie can bag another 20 odd goals plus a fully fit Griffiths could get Celtic another 20 odd goals, Bayo should get game time next season.
Players coming through the ranks for me deserve more game time,Ralston,Henderson,Johnston and Dembele.

8 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Going into the next season they're a lot of if's and maybe's.
For me Celtic need a goalkeeper with De vries and Gordon going out the door we have Doohan coming back from his loan at Ayr.
With Boyata,Lustig,Gamboa leaving we need a right back and a centre half and maybe cover for Tierney at left back.
Midfield for me is still pretty decent if Ntcham stays Celtic need a big season from him,McGregor has played 66 games this season far too many need to rotate better.
For me I would keep Biton hes the only player that can do the same job as Brown plus he can step back into the centre of defence.
Goals from midfield Rogic doesn't score many and Christie is getting better each season,one more year from Sinclair if he left Celtic would need to replace his goals.
Up top French Eddie can bag another 20 odd goals plus a fully fit Griffiths could get Celtic another 20 odd goals, Bayo should get game time next season.
Players coming through the ranks for me deserve more game time,Ralston,Henderson,Johnston and Dembele.

Is Gordon Definitely leaving? 

As for Biton I would be happy enough to see him leave, think he needs lots of games to get over his injury which we just cant give him. McGregor was great for me in that deeper role when Brown left. I feel for Kouassi too as hes been injured more than fit since he has been here but I think he has something if he can stay fit, another who needs games though.

2 centre backs are a must for me. Ajer is a first pick for me but Simunovic cant be relied on for form or fitness. Compper and Hendry hopefully will head off to pastures new even if only on loan for the latter.

Im guessing Gutman will be back up left back next year (see post above). Agreed right back is required. The other yank is only 20 so would be a bit away from being a first pick. Would be open to Lustig staying as cover and a pay cut but cant see it happening.

Depending on how good Bayo is a target man I would like to see a bug lump of a lad for Europe who can hold the ball up and give us a breather when under the cosh. I have no idea really if that is in his locker. Would also like to see Eddie more in the old Sammy role coming in off the left.

Either way huge changes in players and an increase in staff are required in the summer. I was kind of sick of the whole Rodgers debacle and the underwhelming football of late but now in cup final week I am looking forward to see what happens. 

Edited by gannonball

14 hours ago, gannonball said:

As for Biton I would be happy enough to see him leave, think he needs lots of games to get over his injury which we just cant give him. McGregor was great for me in that deeper role when Brown left.

I agree with McGregor when Celtic have the ball but without the ball he can't tackle or read the game like Biton this is where brown and Biton are good at getting the ball back and starting attacks again a bit like Lennon used to do, Kouassi lacks experience at this level he has less than 20 professional games and for me he is struggling to make the grade at Celtic.
I can't give you a 100% answer on Gordon because of the manager decision but he is 90% out the door.

Edited by wastecoatwilly