The Celtic All Seasons thread

55 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17582840.celtic-may-be-guaranteed-champions-league-spot-every-year-in-new-system/?ref=nuo

Guaranteed 30 Mill for us and a guaranteed 6 points for any half decent side.   Win, win. :rolleyes:

" Teams of great historical importance" I like that.  We could finish 9th and still get in the champions league,  just like England lol

" Teams of great historical importance" I like that.  We could finish 9th and still get in the champions league,  just like England lol

I can see that pissing quite a few people off, but I’m not one of them.

54 minutes ago, LordHawHaw said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see UEFA bring this is to ensure you don't have teams like Man Utd missing out but I'd imagine the only way we'd benefit would be if they brought in a one time scenario where previous winners went straight to the group stages. 

8 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

New hoops, meh imho

IMG_5521.jpgIMG_5522.jpgIMG_5523.jpg

I don't mind that actually.  With that collar, I can wear it to Aldi and fancy nights out. 8)

2 hours ago, TheCelt67 said:

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/17582840.celtic-may-be-guaranteed-champions-league-spot-every-year-in-new-system/?ref=nuo

Guaranteed 30 Mill for us and a guaranteed 6 points for any half decent side.   Win, win. :rolleyes:

I'd be wary about getting behind that, if I had any involvement with Celtic.

Very much one of UEFAs "agree to this, look how much you'll benefit", then three years down the line slightly change the rules so that 30 out of 32 CL teams are guaranteed to be the same teams, type deals.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'd be wary about getting behind that, if I had any involvement with Celtic.

Very much one of UEFAs "agree to this, look how much you'll benefit", then three years down the line slightly change the rules so that 30 out of 32 CL teams are guaranteed to be the same teams, type deals.

Aye, I touch on that in the post just above yours.   Any UEFA changes will be to suit the bigger clubs in England, Spain and such.  If we were to benefit I would imagine it would be a one off type deal.   Celtic winning the European Cup fifty two years ago means very little to UEFA. 

2 hours ago, TheCelt67 said:

That proposal typifies everything that is wrong with the Champions League. 

Guest Moomintroll

Yeh, I know, it’s world famous, instantly recognisable. Unlike some generic kits that could be any number of clubs until you look at the badge
Is that the new Sporting Lisbon kit?