The Celtic All Seasons thread

18 hours ago, TheCelt67 said:

I've just 'got into' American football,  I.e. I watched the last two Superbowls and now I pretend I fully understand the sport but today I learned that Drew Bees is an actual guy, not just a username.  Every day's a school day.

American football, that's even worse than WWF wrestling....

PORTO are set to test Celtic’s resolve with a £14million January bid for Olivier Ntcham.

And the Portuguese giants are prepared to use ex-Newcastle defender Chancel Mbemba as a makeweight in the deal.

Porto boss Sergio Conceicao is a huge admirer of the 22-year-old Hoops ace, who arrived from Manchester City for £4.5million in 2017.

He wanted the French midfielder last summer but failed to entice him away from the double Treble winners before the transfer window shut.

Former Portugal winger Conceicao remains keen on Ntcham and is now ready to offer a cash-plus-player deal involving Mbemba in a bid to convince Celts to sell.

SunSport understands Porto are not prepared to take no for an answer despite Ntcham signing a four-year deal in November.

Hoops manager Brendan Rodgers expressed an interest in the Congolese centre half during the last transfer window.

However, the 24-year-old former Anderlecht stopper opted to join Porto for £8m after three seasons at St James’ Park.

Mbemba is now surplus to requirements having featured in just two league matches this season.

The powerful stopper finds himself fifth-choice central defender following the arrival of Euro 2016 winner Pepe earlier this month and Porto are keen to get him off the wage bill.

Mbemba could be viewed as a long-term defensive replacement for Dedryck Boyata, whose contract expires at the end of the season.

But Rodgers has insisted Boyata is going nowhere this month.

The Belgian’s agent has already declared that he won’t sign a new deal to stay at the club — and he will be able to walk away for free in the summer.

But Rodgers insists Celts aren’t looking to cash in on the defender now.

Asked if there was any update to Boyata’s situation, said: “No, nothing.

“He will just stay calm and see out the season and see where he’s at. There will be interest in him of course but nothing concrete at the moment.

“Does it suit us if he stays? Yeah, it’s something we would want. He’s a very, very good player.”

13 hours ago, gannonball said:

Imagine having Ya Ya and Brown in a midfield against Sevco. Beaton will be w*nking  on to his cards at the sheer thought of it.

I look forward to Ryan Jack being shown Scottish football's first white card. 

12 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

PORTO are set to test Celtic’s resolve with a £14million January bid for Olivier Ntcham.

And the Portuguese giants are prepared to use ex-Newcastle defender Chancel Mbemba as a makeweight in the deal.

Porto boss Sergio Conceicao is a huge admirer of the 22-year-old Hoops ace, who arrived from Manchester City for £4.5million in 2017.

He wanted the French midfielder last summer but failed to entice him away from the double Treble winners before the transfer window shut.

Former Portugal winger Conceicao remains keen on Ntcham and is now ready to offer a cash-plus-player deal involving Mbemba in a bid to convince Celts to sell.

SunSport understands Porto are not prepared to take no for an answer despite Ntcham signing a four-year deal in November.

Hoops manager Brendan Rodgers expressed an interest in the Congolese centre half during the last transfer window.

However, the 24-year-old former Anderlecht stopper opted to join Porto for £8m after three seasons at St James’ Park.

Mbemba is now surplus to requirements having featured in just two league matches this season.

The powerful stopper finds himself fifth-choice central defender following the arrival of Euro 2016 winner Pepe earlier this month and Porto are keen to get him off the wage bill.

Mbemba could be viewed as a long-term defensive replacement for Dedryck Boyata, whose contract expires at the end of the season.

But Rodgers has insisted Boyata is going nowhere this month.

The Belgian’s agent has already declared that he won’t sign a new deal to stay at the club — and he will be able to walk away for free in the summer.

But Rodgers insists Celts aren’t looking to cash in on the defender now.

Asked if there was any update to Boyata’s situation, said: “No, nothing.

“He will just stay calm and see out the season and see where he’s at. There will be interest in him of course but nothing concrete at the moment.

“Does it suit us if he stays? Yeah, it’s something we would want. He’s a very, very good player.”

Do you lot rate Ntcham? He's never really stood out thst I've noticed. 14m seems like a very good price- no doubt Porto can sell him to a middling EPL team for 5m more though.

2 minutes ago, coprolite said:

Do you lot rate Ntcham? He's never really stood out thst I've noticed. 14m seems like a very good price- no doubt Porto can sell him to a middling EPL team for 5m more though.

Another example of how mad the money in football can be imo.  When it comes to actually influencing football matches Ryan Christie is more effective than Ntcham.

6 minutes ago, coprolite said:

I really do as physically and techincally he was no weaknesses. He does lack consistency and heart at times however.

If the offer is true though (cash plus player) I would be happy enough with it as midfield where we have the most cover and come Summer we will be down to 3 recognised centre backs most likely, one who seems to be made of paper (Simunovic) and one who is pretty dog shit (Hendry). Another champions league qualification f**k up because of lack of centre backs awaits.

At his best, Ntcham is probably the best midfielder in the league, but it doesn't seem like he's been at his best since the first OF game of the season.

Exactly this. Think he will go on to be a very good player. But he hasn’t been the same player since dembele left. Has looked unintrested for the most part of this season.

9 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

At his best, Ntcham is probably the best midfielder in the league, but it doesn't seem like he's been at his best since the first OF game of the season.

I would take McGregor over Ntcham every day of the week although I accept that as a Scot he's seen, by many, to be inferior to his French colleague.

40 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

30 minutes ago, The_Judge said:

I would take McGregor over Ntcham every day of the week although I accept that as a Scot he's seen, by many, to be inferior to his French colleague.

It certainly is between those two for the best all rounders for me.

Mcgregor shades it at the moment with his attitude and consistency but Ntcham is 3 years younger so will be interesting where Ntcham is at when 25, most likely wont be Celtic though.