The Celtic All Seasons thread

21 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Yes it is although I think he’ll recover well enough.

Will Ralston get an opportunity when Lustig and Gamboa go ?

I would expect so. His progress was also stalled just after getting a few games then being out for 6 months and its now taken him nearly a year to get back in the team. For a young lad he's not the fastest though. 

12 minutes ago, gannonball said:

I would expect so. His progress was also stalled just after getting a few games then being out for 6 months and its now taken him nearly a year to get back in the team. For a young lad he's not the fastest though. 

His pace may not be as much of a problem against slower teams, for example I thought that he looked good against Motherwell, a team that isn't known for it's pace so Brendan may give him some more opportunities against teams like that.

Guest Moomintroll
2.3 million bonus paid to Lawwel on Hogmany. The guy does a decent job but this is getting ridiculous.
Sure the tax dodgers Stud Fees have been covered for the year as well.

3 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
37 minutes ago, gannonball said:
2.3 million bonus paid to Lawwel on Hogmany. The guy does a decent job but this is getting ridiculous.

Sure the tax dodgers Stud Fees have been covered for the year as well.

We have two billionaires with a decent wedge of shares in the club yet of anything they take money out each year in dividends. I find it funny when people think they bank roll us when they choose to take their dividend every year. I can remember MON offering to reimburse his dividend if Desmond did the same for a bigger transfer budget which was declined.

Guest Moomintroll
We have two billionaires with a decent wedge of shares in the club yet of anything they take money out each year in dividends. I find it funny when people think they bank roll us when they choose to take their dividend every year. I can remember MON offering to reimburse his dividend if Desmond did the same for a bigger transfer budget which was declined.
Being a Killie supporter, I am the black sheep of the family as everyone else supports Celtic. Every single one of them are highly critical of the underinvestment by Desmond & the part Lawell plays by restricting expenditure and pocketing massive bonuses for doing so. Every time it appears the natives are getting restless, they throw out some anti Sevco propaganda to deflect & the hordes fall for it. If Celtic really wanted to, they would be miles ahead of everyone else in this country but the people in charge seem to actively repress it which is utterly baffling.

Just now, Moomintroll said:
8 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Being a Killie supporter, I am the black sheep of the family as everyone else supports Celtic. Every single one of them are highly critical of the underinvestment by Desmond & the part Lawell plays by restricting expenditure and pocketing massive bonuses for doing so. Every time it appears the natives are getting restless, they throw out some anti Sevco propaganda to deflect & the hordes fall for it. If Celtic really wanted to, they would be miles ahead of everyone else in this country but the people in charge seem to actively repress it which is utterly baffling.

It was when Rangers died our underinvestment was baffling, Im pretty sure it was why Lennon walked as you would think they would have given him at least the same budget as the year before after getting to the latter stages of the champions league and were making profit. Waiting to see if we get champions league before we buy players is a terrible tactic as it has bitten us plenty times before costing us tens and tens of millions. See not get a centre back this summer as an example. Not spendng 4/5 million to lose out on 25 million.

What is frustrating the most is when we do make a loss our overdraft covers it, but when we make significant profit its taken away and not reinvested. This is not unique to Celtic but what people dont seem to understand is that it’s  little more than a profit making entity to Desmond and co.

Guest Moomintroll
I suspect that whoever is coming up with Transfer rumours at the Scottish Sun may have been drinking...
image.png.b20d3901bd76e9350705d310300f1661.png
Nah, needs to go to Southampton first.