The Celtic All Seasons thread

On 12/29/2018 at 09:55, DavieCFC said:

Sooooooo after pish what are we all hoping for now in the comming month?

2 strikers, a right back and centre half are the must haves

Maybe another impact winger so we're not over reliant on Forrest on the right hand side.

Still wouldnt mind that LB from Rosenborg either but thats probably not going to happen.

I would say buy a striker outright and loan another until the end of the season, hopefully Griff will be healthy again at the start of next season.  Personally I would like to see Mikey Johnston and Lewis Morgan get more game time on the wing so no need to buy a winger IMHO.  Maybe also pick up a new Ball-winning midfielder to replace Brown, who really looks like he has had it.  

In terms of defenders, buying a right back would be a priority, if the Castagne rumours are true and he can be had for 6 million then it would be a no-brainer for me.  In terms of centre halves, would like to see who is out there and available, maybe try to get someone who has proven himself in this league, a young up and comer like Scott McKenna (although Aberdeen will want infinity billion pounds for him)

2 hours ago, velo army said:

Hopefully for your sakes the Oliver Burke rumours aren't true. Utter, utter huddy of a player.

If they stuck him on a wing, told him to attack, and gave him no defensive responsibilities,  he'd obliterate this league.

7 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

If they stuck him on a wing, told him to attack, and gave him no defensive responsibilities,  he'd obliterate this league.

This, 

As an attacking winger in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3 system he will be excellent, play him in a 4-4-2 or any system that requires wingers to track back and he struggles.

Dunajska Streda keen to talk after Celtic make £1.75million bid for in-form striker Vakoun Issouf Bayo

By Stephen Mcgowan

Slovakian club Dunajska Streda last night confirmed that they have received a bid believed to be worth £1.75million from the Scottish champions.

The Slovaks want a fee in excess of £2.3m before agreeing to sell their top scorer, with sporting director Jan Van Daele telling Sportsmail: 'We confirm we have received an official offer from Celtic of which we acknowledged receipt. We are planning to start the negotiation process in due course.'

Jack Hendry linked with a few English league 1 clubs on loan today including Sunderland. Assuming we are keeping Boyata and Benkovic in this window and we are signing another centre half with Commper missing presumed dead this is the best option for all for me.  He badly needs games as looks very raw for a guy who really isn't THAT young.  League 1 is pretty much Scottish Premiership level however there is more games left to play and would be good to see him at Sunderland where they have the pressure of expecting to win every week.

3 hours ago, gannonball said:

Jack Hendry linked with a few English league 1 clubs on loan today including Sunderland. Assuming we are keeping Boyata and Benkovic in this window and we are signing another centre half with Commper missing presumed dead this is the best option for all for me.  He badly needs games as looks very raw for a guy who really isn't THAT young.  League 1 is pretty much Scottish Premiership level however there is more games left to play and would be good to see him at Sunderland where they have the pressure of expecting to win every week.

One of the bigger teams in English League 1 would be a good move for Hendry IMHO.  He could use game time with a competitive team so any of the teams in contention for promotion or playoffs (who are mostly pretty big teams) would be good for him

1 hour ago, lewisnorthfield said:

Looking like Benkovic will see out the rest of the season too.

Fantastic if true. Now if we could approach Leicester in the summer to see if they'd be interested in giving us him back on a four year loan deal that would be smashing! 

Fantastic if true. Now if we could approach Leicester in the summer to see if they'd be interested in giving us him back on a four year loan deal that would be smashing! 
Straight out the mouth of the manager. Leicester have a lot of defensive options that are fit so its 'best for Benkovic to co tinue his development at celtic'

2 hours ago, gannonball said:

Im guessing the colts stuff is dead in the water if were chasing after.Standard is pretty much the scottish championship for me so not a bad link up.

My thinking too.  Another plus side is it keeps us slightly more relevant in Ireland.  Whist we'll never match the popularity of the main English sides these days, there's certainly a market there for us. 

With the news that Ambrose is leaving Hibs, England being the likely destination, and talk that both Boyata along with Hendry (loan) could be leaving this transfer window, am I the only one who wouldn't mind Efe coming back as cover?  

With the news that Ambrose is leaving Hibs, England being the likely destination, and talk that both Boyata along with Hendry (loan) could be leaving this transfer window, am I the only one who wouldn't mind Efe coming back as cover?  
He's better than Hendry although that doesn't take much. As a back up signing on low wages, I'd take him back but I would be terrified to see him starting regularly

7 minutes ago, WeeMentalDavie said:
20 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:

He's better than Hendry although that doesn't take much. As a back up signing on low wages, I'd take him back but I would be terrified to see him starting regularly

If we did sign him, which is unlikely, there'd be little chance of him being a first pick. That being said, I never thought he was as unreliable as some made out. 

3 minutes ago, G_Man1985 said:

Sure I read Ambrose to Cardiff. Maybe a wind up.

Sky Sports News claiming Cardiff, Chinese league or Turkey.