The Celtic All Seasons thread

13 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

No rumours of internal discipline on Griffiths?

Usual bollocks rumours, the guys been having niggles for the past two years though. He's also been out for a month with a knee injury now and only resumed training last Friday. Ignoring the rumours I think hes a guy that just struggles to reach that level of fitness our squad has now and is picking up injuries trying to reach that level . Fitness wise were miles ahead of most in the league.

1 hour ago, kingjoey said:

An excellent article about The Green Brigade in The Times by Graham Spiers, which I do not have the technical ability to recreate on here. Pretty much sums them up.

Are you a Times member online? I just got teased by the first two paragraphs then invited to subscribe to read more. 

35 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Are you a Times member online? I just got teased by the first two paragraphs then invited to subscribe to read more. 

I’m not, but I think I signed up a couple of months ago, and there was no cost involved.

8 minutes ago, kingjoey said:

I’m not, but I think I signed up a couple of months ago, and there was no cost involved.

You might want to check your bank account. Their offer was a 30 day free trial which automatically kicked in at a fiver a month if you didn't cancel within those initial 30 days. 

4 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

You might want to check your bank account. Their offer was a 30 day free trial which automatically kicked in at a fiver a month if you didn't cancel within those initial 30 days. 

I appreciate your concern, but they have no access to my account. I can’t remember what I did, but definitely no money or bank details passed between me and The Times.

10 hours ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Damien duff being reported as under 20's coach.

Suprised to hear that. I can vaguely remember reading a few years ago that he wasnt too bothered about a coaching career after retiring. Hes also meant to be laid back as anything going by some autobiograhies I have read.

1 hour ago, gannonball said:

Suprised to hear that. I can vaguely remember reading a few years ago that he wasnt too bothered about a coaching career after retiring. Hes also meant to be laid back as anything going by some autobiograhies I have read.

He's been coaching the underage teams with Shamrock Rovers the last few years.

11 minutes ago, Bohemian said:

Good to hear he's already got some experience then. An outstanding player back in the 2002 world cup. Think it was Niall Quinns autobiography I can mind about him being so laid back and every coach journey no matter how long it took he would  doze off in seconds

4 hours ago, Bohemian said:

He also had a spell coaching in the Rep of Ireland youth setup.  Either way glad to see him aboard, he was a brilliant winger in his day, I remember when he was with Chelsea, excellent player

19 hours ago, Cerberus said:

We slag off Rangers for their shite signings but Celtic surpassed them all with Jack Hendry.

He was dug meat. Rodgers must have been on the glue when he signed him.

He was sadly a stop gap signing when we signed Compper and he got injured straight away. Think we only had one fit centre half at that point so had to get somebody at short notice and Lawwell wasnt going to release much money. I thought he wasn’t a great player at the time and should have given gone for maybe Souttar instead but as usual we went for the cheaper option.

Edited by gannonball

The lad's still got time on his side and in Rogic and Christie you have examples of players who, after a season or two, didn't look like they'd be able to hold down a first team place at Celtic. 

Young Scottish players often seem to be an easy target imo and only a fool would dismiss the notion that BR might still make a very good player of him.

22 hours ago, The_Judge said:

The lad's still got time on his side and in Rogic and Christie you have examples of players who, after a season or two, didn't look like they'd be able to hold down a first team place at Celtic. 

Young Scottish players often seem to be an easy target imo and only a fool would dismiss the notion that BR might still make a very good player of him.

Hes still youngish but hes 23 (same age as Christie). He actually hadnt played a great deal of professional games either before Dundee  and quite a low level. Other than being a prospect at Partick and playing decent in a terrible Dundee side for half a season he hasnt really done much of note in the game. He could still make it but for me he desperately needs games to build up more experience and wont get it here. Rodgers seems to still rate him so will go with his better judgement but I think he needs two seasons playing week in week out at a good level. 

20 minutes ago, gannonball said:

Hes still youngish but hes 23 (same age as Christie). He actually hadnt played a great deal of professional games either before Dundee  and quite a low level. Other than being a prospect at Partick and playing decent in a terrible Dundee side for half a season he hasnt really done much of note in the game. He could still make it but for me he desperately needs games to build up more experience and wont get it here. Rodgers seems to still rate him so will go with his better judgement but I think he needs two seasons playing week in week out at a good level. 

He's completely stunted his career moving to Celtic.

The move was understandable, for both parties, but he's far too raw to be any use to you, and he'll never play enough to lose that rawness, unless you lot have major injuries.

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

He's completely stunted his career moving to Celtic.

The move was understandable, for both parties, but he's far too raw to be any use to you, and he'll never play enough to lose that rawness, unless you lot have major injuries.

Agree with this really. At 22 he had only played about 50 professional games when he signed for us. 

On ‎01‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 14:10, gannonball said:

Loan him to Aberdeen for a couple of seasons, once they cash in on McKenna, and he'll come back ready to step up like Christie.