The Celtic All Seasons thread

2 minutes ago, TheCelt67 said:

I don't think the lads in the matching khaki jackets are Green Brigade. My understanding is they belong to the Bhoys Ultras group. If that's the case I make it 800-86 to the Green Brigade in terms of broken seats. 

My Bad, I thought it was the away jacket.

9 hours ago, Moomintroll said:
9 hours ago, gannonball said:
As in it was Killies decison to go for a plastic pitch, if it was grass the damage would be far less costly. Celtic may decide to pay it to avoid bad publicity but Knowing how frugal we can be  we would probably at least contest it.

Maybe it would be better if your fans could actually behave themselves and stop breaking seats and throwing flares about. Don't seem to have this problem with any other teams.

You guys did abstain from the Sevco vote after all....

Guest Moomintroll
You guys did abstain from the Sevco vote after all....

f**k off Benny, we all know that was down to MJ and to this day I have no idea why he did that. I don't usually mind you, and at times find the hounding of you tedious and uncalled for, but please do not associate real Kilmarnock supporters with that parasite.

• 2 weeks later...

Georgios Samaras has retired.  One of those players who on his day could be brilliant, on other days immensely frustrating.  Scored plenty of goals for Celtic and I wish him well in his retirement

article-0-02B27BE000000578-559_306x353.j

Edited by senorsoupe

Georgios Samaras has retired.  One of those players who on his day could be brilliant, on other days immensely frustrating.  Scored plenty of goals for Celtic and I wish him well in his retirement
article-0-02B27BE000000578-559_306x353.jpg&key=e3ce01660c24c214c3642ea848f051dedf2be3af590cea89c576be12324c02e2
He skelped the **** a good few times. God bless you Sammy..

article-0-02B27BE000000578-559_306x353.jpg&key=e3ce01660c24c214c3642ea848f051dedf2be3af590cea89c576be12324c02e2
i never got the hatred towards samaras. my mate whos a celtic fan used to end up frothing at the mouth at him. seemed to be an easy scapegoat.

30 minutes ago, ah-dee said:
4 hours ago, senorsoupe said:

i never got the hatred towards samaras. my mate whos a celtic fan used to end up frothing at the mouth at him. seemed to be an easy scapegoat.

I think it was his habit of not turning up for some games that got people frustrated wtih him.  I never agreed with the level of hate some fans had for him, but could get annoyed when he would go missing in games.  He was one of the last links to the successful and fun Gordon Strachan era at Celtic.

More bad games than good imo
Will never forget the semi final in 2013, Samaras was deep inside our half unchallenged, goes to switch the play and makes a total c'nt of it, think it ended up going out for a shy in Celtic's half [emoji23].

Unplayable on his day, if he had decent consistency he would have played at a much higher level.

• 2 weeks later...
Including tonight, so far this season we’d had 151 corners and scored 1 goal (Boyata v Hamilton)

At this rate Sky and BT are gonna start showing ads every time we get a corner pretty soon.

You’ll probably score about 12 next Wednesday so don’t worry.

1 hour ago, Drew Brees said:

Including tonight, so far this season we’d had 151 corners and scored 1 goal (Boyata v Hamilton)

At this rate Sky and BT are gonna start showing ads every time we get a corner pretty soon.

We had a pretty dire record from corners under Lennon too. I can remember getting excited under MON and Strachan whenever we got a corner as we always seemed to score every 2nd game from one, MON days especially. Our first pick 11 however doesn't even have a decent set piece taker, Griffiths is the best we have followed by Morgan possibly.

8 hours ago, gannonball said:

We had a pretty dire record from corners under Lennon too. I can remember getting excited under MON and Strachan whenever we got a corner as we always seemed to score every 2nd game from one, MON days especially. Our first pick 11 however doesn't even have a decent set piece taker, Griffiths is the best we have followed by Morgan possibly.

There doesn't seem to be any real thought going into them though. One hand up for front post, 2 hands up for back. Not exactly detailed planning.

Considering the amount of goals that scored from set pieces in football (just look at how good Livi have been at them this season) I'm amazed we don't seem to have any sort of plan for them.