The Celtic All Seasons thread

53 minutes ago, Forest of Dean said:

The problems in the team go beyond Jack Hendry. You aren't scoring enough goals so far this season and that's nothing to do with him.

25 goals in 16 games isn't great nor is conceding 10 , the poor start to the season continues,maybe a champions league hangover,good players don't turn bad over night.

11 hours ago, Drew Brees said:

No one said otherwise but Hendry is obviously a problem, we hadn’t lost a goal in 8 1/2hrs before today, he comes in and we lose 2, both down to him imo. Even the manager blamed him for one of them.

Missed the game so only saw highlights but we cant persist with him. He makes the most basics of mistakes still at 23. I know he couldnt play today but Ajer is far more proven yet is far younger. I can understand why we signed him as Compper got injured as soon as we signed him so we were looking for another centre back sharpish but John Souttar at the time perhaps have only cost a couple million possibly and seems to be just as ‘composed’ as Hendry yet is better defensively than him in just about every way and is younger too.

Hendry for all his supposed potential has been lurking about league 1/2 in England without much impact and has not a great deal of senior football under his belt. He still needs a lot of games if he is ever going to really make it but frankly he needs to make them elsewhere as teams will be targeting him now with us and I dont think he has the character to overcome that.

Edited by gannonball

I don’t post in this thread usually but just wanted an honest ( I know I’m asking a lot) opinion from the Celtic posters. 

Do you realise there is a real threat this season to Celtic?

One of the few callers I heard on CSS last night saying ‘everybody accepts we have by far the best squad. It’s not even a debate’ 

Eh I think there is a debate to be had there. 

From the outside looking in its as if the Celtic support are blindly walking into a cluster f**k of a season and are totally oblivious of  the changes being made at Ibrox and Tynecadtle 

Celtic haven’t become a poor team overnight they just weren’t that great beforehand. Take one striker out that squad and Brown ( who has been excellent) then you will struggle against any top Premier league team 

Early days of course but Rangers and Hearts , IMO, will get stronger as the season goes on. This Celtic team have been together a couple of years. I’m not sure they will 

45 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

I don’t post in this thread usually but just wanted an honest ( I know I’m asking a lot) opinion from the Celtic posters. 

Do you realise there is a real threat this season to Celtic?

One of the few callers I heard on CSS last night saying ‘everybody accepts we have by far the best squad. It’s not even a debate’ 

Eh I think there is a debate to be had there. 

From the outside looking in its as if the Celtic support are blindly walking into a cluster f**k of a season and are totally oblivious of  the changes being made at Ibrox and Tynecadtle 

Celtic haven’t become a poor team overnight they just weren’t that great beforehand. Take one striker out that squad and Brown ( who has been excellent) then you will struggle against any top Premier league team 

Early days of course but Rangers and Hearts , IMO, will get stronger as the season goes on. This Celtic team have been together a couple of years. I’m not sure they will 

Wishful thinking on your part. 

Brendan will sort it out. 

I don’t think you are anywhere near panic stations. Nowhere near that in fact

It’s just some Celtic fans I hear on these phone ins and one or two I know don’t believe there is any threat at all. None !!!!

There is a real threat and this will be the first true test of this Celtic team have faced domestically for a number of years.

Its not just Rangers. Hearts , Hibs, Aberdeen will all pose them problems. Add to that teams such as Motherwell , who are very effective  at what they do, will take points.

It has the makings of a great season. 

To write off every other team the way that caller did last night is just utter nonsense. 

Not saying Celtic Won’t win the league but they won’t win it by double figure point gap

4 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

It’s just some Celtic fans I hear on these phone ins and one or two I know don’t believe there is any threat at all. None !!!!

There is a real threat and this will be the first true test of this Celtic team have faced domestically for a number of years.

Its not just Rangers. Hearts , Hibs, Aberdeen will all pose them problems. Add to that teams such as Motherwell , who are very effective  at what they do, will take points.

To write off every other team the way that caller did last night is just utter nonsense. 

Not saying Celtic Won’t win the league but they won’t win it by double figure point gap

Celtic and sevco have still to win away from home in the league this season so this is credit to the league,it's no surprise to me that Celtic are dropping points every team will during the season.
It's still to early but the concern is there,I've seen Celtic lose 8 games in the league and still win it,for me the priority is Europe at this stage of the season but Celtic can't drop to many more points before the end of the year.

There's to be a charity match for Liam Miller tomorrow night in Cork featuring a Celtic/Republic of Ireland Legends Xi facing off against Man Utd Legends.  Proceeds are going to his family and various charities.  The GAA supposedly refused permission for it to take part at the local Gaelic ground but reversed their decision and the match will now take place in front of a 45,000 sell out crowd.

http://www.celticfc.net/news/15000

1 hour ago, BobWilliamson said:

The reason why Celtic fans don't think there is much of a threat is because of the last game against Rangers when they should have won by 3 or 4. 

I would also add Killie to the mix they will be up there in the top 6 I think if Steve Clarke remains manager. 

Celtic didn't  have a double figure point gap last season. 

Edited by betting competition

32 minutes ago, betting competition said:

The reason why Celtic fans don't think there is much of a threat is because of the last game against Rangers when they should have won by 3 or 4. 

I would also add Killie to the mix they will be up there in the top 6 I think if Steve Clarke remains manager. 

Celtic didn't  have a double figure point gap last season. 

If you look at the league as it stands every club has had a poor start to the league season with the exception of hearts,celtic have only had a poor start by their own standards.

Guest Moomintroll
If you look at the league as it stands every club has had a poor start to the league season with the exception of hearts,celtic have only had a poor start by their own standards.
Think Livi fans might have something to say about this, Dundee fans maybe not so much.

18 minutes ago, Moomintroll said:
33 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Think Livi fans might have something to say about this, Dundee fans maybe not so much.

That's the point thou,every set of fans has a different perception of were their club is at,expectations are limitless,why make derogatory sound bites like that club is punching above it's weight?

15 minutes ago, sjc said:

Bob's also conveniently forgetting that Rangers* shit the bed at Parkhead a couple of weeks ago.

Shit the bed yet if the referee had done his job it would have been a goal less draw

No Coulibaly. 4000 mile round trip to Russia. Played European game against Russian team with 9 men

56 minutes ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Rangers have lost one game , due to a dreadful refereeing ‘mistake’ in 16 games!! That’s including 9 European games including away ties in Spain and Russia ya complete nutcase !! :lol:

2 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

Shit the bed yet if the referee had done his job it would have been a goal less draw

No Coulibaly. 4000 mile round trip to Russia. Played European game against Russian team with 9 men

:lol: where to even begin with this! You better get down the pharmacy for your lithium, Bob!