The Celtic All Seasons thread

Just wanted to comment on this nonsense linking us with that Uruguayan boy at £18mil .. Since when were we ever going to spend that kind of money? I believe we could afford it, but for another Attacking mid? Our squad is deep with midfield talent who are struggling to get game time as it is. If we ever spend that kind of money, it better be on a world class Goalkeeper or a Centre half..

Ps, who seen that shite on the Daily Ranger hotline with guys saying that Celtic should just pay the £5million for McGinn.. Kind of delirious pish is that, again, we dont really need him right now, if at all, And spending £5mil on a player who we can sign for free on a pre contract in  January is laughable.  Fact is, if an English club dont see that and want to pick him up prior to that then thats fine, thats up to the player, if he wants to play for us hell do his job at Hibs and hold on, simples.

Anyway Roll on Aleshkart. Lets go Bhoys. HH

PS- Hello :)

50 minutes ago, KHVRN said:

Just wanted to comment on this nonsense linking us with that Uruguayan boy at £18mil .. Since when were we ever going to spend that kind of money? I believe we could afford it, but for another Attacking mid? Our squad is deep with midfield talent who are struggling to get game time as it is. If we ever spend that kind of money, it better be on a world class Goalkeeper or a Centre half..

No offence mate but a world class goalkeeper or centre half would cost you a lot more than £18m.

Ill give you that, my point though is if were ever spending anywhere near that kind of money, id want a "quality" Centre Half or two, or a GK lol.

Though again, I cant see us ever spending that on an individual  player.

I think paying decent money for a player isn't the biggest issue, its the wage that goes with it. Our ceiling limit has been around 30 grand a week since the MON days and if we were to pay a guy 40-50 grand a week it would cause disparity in the squad.

Thats true. Depends on whether the guys solely care about money or not, Building a team requires a team mentality not individuals and egos. Id like to think the guys would welcome it, its not like they are earning nothing.

But you do make a valid point,  And i really cant see it happening so i always take these kind of rumours with a pinch of salt.

No offence mate but a world class goalkeeper or centre half would cost you a lot more than £18m.

In the mad world of English football, Angus Gunn! Who? Has gone to Southampton from Man City for £13.5 million. Don’t know anything about him at all, but £13.5 million for an untried goalkeeper? That’s what Celtic are up against. Liverpool have bid nearly £70 million for a keeper from Roma. The Parkhead biscuit tin bid £2 million for Scotland international John McGinn. Stop claiming you are a giant of world football ffs. Celtic are to Southampton what Albion Rovers are to Celtic. On a different planet financially

1 hour ago, CambieBud said:

In the mad world of English football, Angus Gunn! Who? Has gone to Southampton from Man City for £13.5 million. Don’t know anything about him at all, but £13.5 million for an untried goalkeeper? That’s what Celtic are up against. Liverpool have bid nearly £70 million for a keeper from Roma. The Parkhead biscuit tin bid £2 million for Scotland international John McGinn. Stop claiming you are a giant of world football ffs. Celtic are to Southampton what Albion Rovers are to Celtic. On a different planet financially

Not sure it's ever worth seriously comparing English transfers to anything. Gunn is so expensive because he's the England U21 keeper and counts towards homegrown quotas. 

7 minutes ago, Raidernation said:

S'ok, Broony says it's all our fault again byrawaybigmansoitis

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/44866243

Fucking c**t off you f**k-faced cuntwank!

Rasellikbyraway, always someone else's fault eh, but?

Well he has a point, He also states that Celtic also need to step it up, But if Scotlands ranking is to ever increase, its going to take all the other qualifying teams to step up.. Its not a slight on the teams its just a statement based on fact. Truth is, ALL Scottish clubs have performed poorly in Europe over the years.

Well he has a point, He also states that Celtic also need to step it up, But if Scotlands ranking is to ever increase, its going to take all the other qualifying teams to step up.. Its not a slight on the teams its just a statement based on fact. Truth is, ALL Scottish clubs have performed poorly in Europe over the years.

He’s correct. However, the setup is deliberately designed to make the rich richer. Celtic and other Scottish, Welsh, Irish, Maltese etc clubs are not really wanted. What EUFA want is the cream, for TV and sponsorship purposes. Unfortunately, that will never change. TV companies want Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern, Man Utd et al, as that is who the viewing audiences will watch. Not Celtic, Aberdeen or Barry Town.
The irony is that Sevco and Celtic are treated like the European big boys by domestic media and don’t like it when they are the wee diddies in European competition

2 hours ago, CambieBud said:

I dont think anyone is claiming we are ‘giants’ of world football, I think we all know whos ‘on a different planet’

Celtic are a huge club and have a trophy in their own right. Globally were a big team. but yes financially were far from it. Which is why these reports of us looking at players around 18Mil are stupid.

Simonovic to Fenerbache
Boyata to LYon

Recent shite circulating the press today.

I dont mind if Joso goes, And id prefer to tie up Boyata then punt him so we can make money, but we seriously need investment in our Def. Rodgers needs to get the finger oot, We dont need any more midfielders or Strikers. We need a solid CH and a RWB