The Celtic All Seasons thread

20 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Fair point, I don't pay that close attention to French football lol.  In saying that, Armstrong is miles better than Janko (even though they don't play the same position) so I still reckon he could probably get into a top half Ligue 1 team.

I don't pay that much attention either. I just quite like Saint-Etienne.

Rumour roundup

1. Celtic are apparantly willing to pay up to 10M for Odsonne Edouard (bad idea)

2. Celtic are going to send Eboue Kouassi on loan somewhere, probably Belgium (good idea)

3. Alexandre Pato tweeted a shamrock, therefore he's going to sign for Celtic (not going to happen)

Edited by senorsoupe

I'm a huge fan of Stuart Armstrong, he's an articulate and  intelligent  footballer with a great attitude.   He's done well at Celtic and got a few medals in his cabinet.  Would be lovely to imagine him playing in Germany or similar but with his style of play and the money on offer I can see him in the EPL and think he'd enjoy the chance to visit Old Trafford, Anfield, Etihad, etc.  I also think that would improve him as a Scotland international.  If he's as good as I think he can be there could be another move a la Robertson.

Does Edouard warrant a £10m price tag? To be fair the transfer market has been skewed by English football ever since the SKY TV deal began. Edouard has done well when he has come on, but for £10 million you would expect the kid to be one of the first names on the teamsheet. But I would still put Dembele and Griffiths ahead of him.

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, LastDitchTackle said:

Does Edouard warrant a £10m price tag? To be fair the transfer market has been skewed by English football ever since the SKY TV deal began. Edouard has done well when he has come on, but for £10 million you would expect the kid to be one of the first names on the teamsheet. But I would still put Dembele and Griffiths ahead of him.

Thoughts?

Totally agree.  If the upfront fee is more than £4m I'd say it's a mistake that reeks of spending big for the sake of it.

He's a good lad but doesn't look to have the potential that Moussa has.  I'd rather we'd nicked Kamberi for 500k.

5 minutes ago, HAMLISCH said:

Totally agree.  If the upfront fee is more than £4m I'd say it's a mistake that reeks of spending big for the sake of it.

He's a good lad but doesn't look to have the potential that Moussa has.  I'd rather we'd nicked Kamberi for 500k.

Surely buying a proven world class striker in the guise of Alfredo Morelos would have been more appropriate? After all if the Chinese were willing to pay £11 million for him..... 

2 minutes ago, LastDitchTackle said:

Surely buying a proven world class striker in the guise of Alfredo Morelos would have been more appropriate? After all if the Chinese were willing to pay £11 million for him..... 

11 million Chinese Yuan = £1.3m so assuming the Daily Ranger doubled the original bid that sounds about right.

An update to the rumour mill saying that Uncle Pete has managed to knock a million off the Edouard deal, making it 9,000,000.  Still a lot, still not convinced, maybe he managed to get winter tyres as well.

Oh, and Jamie McCart has joined Inverness

An update to the rumour mill saying that Uncle Pete has managed to knock a million off the Edouard deal, making it 9,000,000.  Still a lot, still not convinced, maybe he managed to get winter tyres as well.
Oh, and Jamie McCart has joined Inverness

When you think of all the money we’ve spunked on strikers who’ve cost around £1m and £2m over the last few years that have been utter dross then this might be a decent bit of business, young and talented and we’ve had a year to check him out. Rodgers obviously likes what he’s sees.

Just now, Drew Brees said:

When you think of all the money we’ve spunked on strikers who’ve cost around £1m and £2m over the last few years that have been utter dross then this might be a decent bit of business, young and talented and we’ve had a year to check him out. Rodgers obviously likes what he’s sees.

There is obviously something about his attitude that Brendan likes, and there is definitely room for improvement so I do agree that this could be a good signing, especially in this world of hyper-inflated transfer fees. 

There is obviously something about his attitude that Brendan likes, and there is definitely room for improvement so I do agree that this could be a good signing, especially in this world of hyper-inflated transfer fees. 

In this world where Ross McCormack costs £12m then yes, I’m all for it. [emoji4]

Apparently Armstrong has asked away, palace, Brighton and Fulham are said to be interested. Wouldn’t be a great loss imo, don’t think he’s really been fully committed to Celtic, if we get £5m+ for him I’ll be happy. Will miss his song though.

28 minutes ago, Drew Brees said:

Apparently Armstrong has asked away, palace, Brighton and Fulham are said to be interested. Wouldn’t be a great loss imo, don’t think he’s really been fully committed to Celtic, if we get £5m+ for him I’ll be happy. Will miss his song though.

Celtic don't need another Will He/Won't He drama with his contract.  If he doesn't want to be here let's cash in now, use the money to bring in John McGinn