The Celtic All Seasons thread

3 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

And cash money?

If we have to, I guess.

In all seriousness I think that GMS could be a solid signing for you guys.  He's not quite Celtic material but I think he would be a top player for most other Premiership teams.  

3 minutes ago, Dominique Malonga said:

And cash money?

We gave you players and let the **** get to the Cup Final so you could smash them, and you still want more Oliver? :lol:

How much do you value McGinn and I'll have a word with Peter later to at least double it.

I'm not overly concerned about Celtic's perceived inactivity, officially the transfer window runs till the end of August, so there's plenty to be done.

We don't really need an overhaul unlike some, and I'd rather we look to bring in quality as oppose to panic buying.

There is a case to be made for settling into the preseason and qualifiers. But with our current squad I'm hoping we can navigate these using the quality we already have.

A big name signing would be inspiring, but I'll wait to see what happens, and have every confidence in Rodgers to make the correct decisions.

5 minutes ago, Greenlantern said:

I'm not overly concerned about Celtic's perceived inactivity, officially the transfer window runs till the end of August, so there's plenty to be done.
We don't really need an overhaul unlike some, and I'd rather we look to bring in quality as appose to panic buying.
There is a case to be made for settling into the preseason and qualifiers. But with our current squad I'm hoping we can navigate these using the quality we already have.
A big name signing would be inspiring, but I'll wait to see what happens, and have every confidence in Rodgers to make the correct decisions.

Exactly.  We just need a wee bit of tweaking with the squad.  I really can't grasp this "concern" I keep hearing from some Celtic fans.  

Exactly.  We just need a wee bit of tweaking with the squad.  I really can't grasp this "concern" I keep hearing from some Celtic fans.  

I tend to look at players with inadequate cover or least competition i.e. Gordon, Brown and Tierney.
And then look at areas to strengthen.
We're a good cohesive unit at the moment and ignoring 'team fit' for a big name could easily unsettle that momentum we have.

For me it's more about developing the squad we have,all thou we can't stand still improving the squad after the season we have had is very difficult
most of the squad we have are still under 25 so the best years are still in front of them,what ever Brendan Rodgers does it's going to be good. 

We only scraped by Astana with a late penalty and Hapoel with a penalty saved with basically the same team we have just now. Beating the dross in Scotland every week clouds people's judgements of our true quality IMO. Need to strengthen to make sure we get through the qualifiers. New GK, CB & winger as we are quite poor there - in a European context.

Edited by paddymcp

What's the script with Ciftci btw? Are Celtic just paying him up and letting him walk or are his contract & wages likely to be an issue in him leaving the club?

I've no real opinion about him as a player other than noting that he scored a few goals against us for both United and Celtic but given we were very publicly in for him on loan as an option to replace McDonald and McDonald has since left the building and none of the players we've signed are obvious fits for that particular role then 2+2'ing I wonder if we'd be looking at him, particularly if he's an available permanently on a free.

Obviously we've had a change of manager since January and Robinson's whole thing seems to be application and effort which puts him a bit at odds with Ciftci's time at Celtic but by all accounts the player was keen on the move. Thinking about it, IIRC there was chat that if we'd have been able to get it done we'd have taken him regardless of whether McDonald stayed or left. Though that may well have been bluster on the part of McGhee.

We apparently spoke to Birmingham about Greg Stewart and were reportedly one of the clubs in for Scougall so it'd seem like we're still in the market for a *type* of player in that area of the park.

Edited by capt_oats

Just now, capt_oats said:

What's the script with Ciftci btw? Are Celtic just paying him up and letting him walk or is his contract & wages likely to be an issue?

I've no real opinion about him as a player other than noting that he scored a few goals against us for both United and Celtic but given we were very publicly in for him on loan as an option to replace McDonald and McDonald has since left the building and none of the players we've signed are obvious fits for that particular role then 2+2'ing I wonder if we'd be looking at him, particularly if he's an available permanently on a free.

Obviously we've had a change of manager since January and Robinson's whole thing seems to be application and effort which puts him a bit at odds with Ciftci's time at Celtic but by all accounts the player was keen on the move. Thinking about it, IIRC there was chat that if we'd have been able to get it done we'd have taken him regardless of whether McDonald stayed or left. Though that may well have been bluster on the part of McGhee.

We apparently spoke to Birmingham about Greg Stewart and were reportedly one of the clubs in for Scougall so it'd seem like we're still in the market for a *type* of player in that area of the park.

Ciftci is nothing more than a mid table SPFL level player. The problem is he'll be on around 10k a week. Unless he gets paid off or takes a massive wage cut he'll probably go to some Far East country who are daft enough to take him.

Ciftci is nothing more than a mid table SPFL level player. The problem is he'll be on around 10k a week. Unless he gets paid off or takes a massive wage cut he'll probably go to some Far East country who are daft enough to take him.

He's surely better than Raith Rovers?

@Greenlantern @TheCelt67 @wastecoatwilly

While I agree with your posts about developing the current squad, I would have thought Brendan would have already identified which areas need to be improved upon from last years campaign. Perhaps a tad naive from me but I was hoping Celtic would have moved more swiftly in buying the players required as they were already identified as the player to fill and improve the squad. Maybe this is the case but it is all hush hush for now and more patience is required to find the right player at the right price if there is more than one target for a position needing filled.

I'm not expecting an Exodus like at Ibrox, I'm hoping that we at least bring in a quality striker even if he costs the same as 3 or 4 decent strikers in the Premiership in wages as long as he bangs them in especially in Europe. A quality centre back who knows how to arrange a defence especially in set pieces and help develop our younger defenders coming through the ranks.

Most importantly though!, a name I already know and have seen playing so I know what to expect because I know they are of quality. :)

1 hour ago, wastecoatwilly said:

Fine article indeed,focus on Celtic and how to improve the squad. But laugh at the seething mess King has made out of himself saying things that mean something only to him and whoever believes him.

Great how he implicates that Aberdeen were basically our rivals now by naming them first when comparing the hard fixtures. :lol: I hope the **** catch onto this damn right outrage belittling their efforts in the league last season. :lol:

Aberdeen>The Rangers. It's official, Brendan says so. 8)

9 hours ago, Greenlantern said:

Xavi is desperate to pull on the hoops. emoji6.png

All the big names wanting a piece of the action now that The Rangers are apparently back. The only show in Europe now breaking records as they go from? insert applicable answer here. :lol:

Ronaldo must be beeling having to wait in line to see if he has been selected, only for an interview mind you. Not sure if he has it to compete with The Rangers this season with all their superstars. :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, bennett said:

Can one of you guys come over to the bears thread and collect the QC, he's having another sugar rush...

If you stop posting then you'll not look so fucking stupid Benny, just saying like.

Brendan Rogers son Anton got some game time with Celtic against BW LInz. He is a free agent and Brendan obviously rates his boy, is he going to sign him to the squad or is it what he quoted as his son just getting a kick about to get fit with Celtic?