FMQ's

Hard Graft

Moves afoot to put a motion before The Scottish Parliament that in the future the FM will not be notified of the questions she will be facing. Given that they know the questions in advance and can hardly give a decent answer then this will be chaotic.

15 minutes ago, MarkoRaj said:

Good thread 10/10 will read again

I've suggested a FMQs thread before ... pity next week's is the last before the Summer.

I often wondered about that first question BTW ... didn't know the reason. Cheers P&B.

28 minutes ago, Ned Nederlander said:

I often wondered about that first question BTW 

Seems daft to ask the same question every week when the answer is always the same.

May as well not even ask.

2 hours ago, thepundit said:

Seems daft to ask the same question every week when the answer is always the same.

May as well not even ask.

I always thought it would be nice for the FM to ask the others what they had planned

Ruth: I'm getting photographed on the back of a giraffe. No to Indy ref 2.

Kez: This afternoon I shall mostly be sitting in a darkened room rocking backwards and forwards.

Willie: Alpacas.

It's the way PMQs used to be done, notified question then unnotified supplementary.

The PM would give an initial long drivel answer normally covering their daily engagements, and then the second question would be asked.

Each subsequent MP would ask the number of their question and the PM would answer 'I refer to my previous answer', then the MP could ask their supplementary question as this was what they wanted to ask. This was seen as an unnecessary waste of time and the repetition of the notified question was dropped, every notified question was 'Can the PM tell the house their engagements for the day'.

I would assume that Holyrood is just coming into line and modernising this aspect of procedure to come in line with the more modernised Westminster (in this aspect),

Drop the notifed questions and the repeating of 'I refer to my previous answer' before every supplementary question.

Allows more questions and therefore more scrutiny.

Perhaps it really is pointless - a question never gets answered properly. Sturgeon asked to give a simple Yes/No answer regarding Farmers substidies and could not give an answer but 2 hours later states that they are asking for an extension.  Stop treating the public like mugs.

Would like to see ministers put in front of the public on a regular basis and made to answer but recent debates have shown what can happen there/

More questions on farmer's EU payments given detailed answers by the FM, then yet more questions on farmer's EU payments given yet more detailed answers by the FM - the one and only answer the FM should be giving regarding farmer's EU payments is that the Tory Govt. just delivered a fucking Brexit where farmers will get absolutely hee-haw EU payments.

Excellent FMQs again, Ruth's 'camouflage', Willie's 'different planet' and Kezia asking the (hide behind your hands) question about education when Labour Councillors just cut classroom assistants places. Poor wee Patrick even got groaned at for wishing everyone well.

Today's losers - Fluffy Mundell, rightfully roasted, and also whoever it was that stood up and asked about men missing out via the gender pay gap!!??

Summer recess.  

On 2017-6-22 at 22:54, Ned Nederlander said:

I always thought it would be nice for the FM to ask the others what they had planned

Ruth: I'm getting photographed on the back of a giraffe. No to Indy ref 2.

Kez: This afternoon I shall mostly be sitting in a darkened room rocking backwards and forwards.

Willie: Alpacas.

4 hours ago, Ned Nederlander said:

and also whoever it was that stood up and asked about men missing out via the gender pay gap!!??

I clocked this and thought it was a pretty harsh response tbh.  To me he was just stressing / highlighting that gender pay gaps hit males in certain sectors and these folk shouldn't be forgotten about when / if any changes are made to address equality.  Everything you hear on the subject is always about women being treated unfairly and forgets about some guys that face a similar problem.  

Davidson did nothing but play the #snpbad game throughout and brings absolutely nothing of use, as usual.

13 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I clocked this and thought it was a pretty harsh response tbh.  To me he was just stressing / highlighting that gender pay gaps hit males in certain sectors and these folk shouldn't be forgotten about when / if any changes are made to address equality.  Everything you hear on the subject is always about women being treated unfairly and forgets about some guys that face a similar problem.  

Davidson did nothing but play the #snpbad game throughout and brings absolutely nothing of use, as usual.

Davidson's basically asked the same questions two weeks in a row.

Right wing auld thundercunts lap it up mind

Didn't know this was a forum made up mostly of people with a biased emotional allegiance to the devolved administration. 

Has it changed since you were last here?

The slight delay in indyref 2 has been a master-stroke by Nicola. All of a sudden Davidson will need to go on policy and defend the lunatic fringe of a government at Westminster.

The slight delay in indyref 2 has been a master-stroke by Nicola. All of a sudden Davidson will need to go on policy and defend the lunatic fringe of a government at Westminster.

She should be getting hammered in the media for her regular disappearing act when her bosses in London go full Tory.
She can't keep getting away with hiding behind statements and spokespeople like she did with the rape clause.

Archived