C**** on a Train

10 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Can I come? Do you get films and people talking about working on them? Suppose they're all dead by now. :(

Nothing like that. It's mainly a big drink fest and I assume you wouldn't be interested in that.

As for attending, it was sold out within a week of last year's event, which has never happened before. But next year's is supposedly in Gourock, so I'll let you know.

10 hours ago, jimmy boo said:

We really need pics of this or previous events.

Me with Jean Darling, who was in the Our Gang films and had a non-speaking role in the Laurel & Hardy film 'Babes in Toyland'. This was in 2007.

IMG_0440.JPG

2 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Strange grasp on the table there. And let’s not even get started on the tache.

Never mind all that. What does it say on your t-shirt Gordon? Can't think of any words ending in NRAER except the finest team in Christendom, Stranraer. 

2 hours ago, GordonD said:

Nothing like that. It's mainly a big drink fest and I assume you wouldn't be interested in that.

As for attending, it was sold out within a week of last year's event, which has never happened before. But next year's is supposedly in Gourock, so I'll let you know.

They'll be giving the places away. Oh, sorry, I read that as Greenock...

c***s who run the trains for this...
At the May Bank Holiday weekend I'll be travelling down to Wigan (for the Laurel and Hardy convention, want to make something of it?)

You’re the guy who is always promoting women’s football on here aren’t you?

4 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

I've still got mine.

images (10).jpeg

The kid and I were watching The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas the other day. The Nazis were being their usual nasty selves and I could see my daughter wanted to speak about it. As she piped up I expected her to say something about how terrible they were but instead she said "they had really nice uniforms didn't they". 

25 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

The kid and I were watching The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas the other day. The Nazis were being their usual nasty selves and I could see my daughter wanted to speak about it. As she piped up I expected her to say something about how terrible they were but instead she said "they had really nice uniforms didn't they". 

It hasn't gone un-noticed.

"These uniforms are awfully smart, aren't they"?

images.jpeg-2.jpg

^^^^ share holder in Hugo Boss.

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Compared to what the prisoners were wearing, very much so!

4 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

And let’s not even get started on the tache.

Suits me.

3 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Never mind all that. What does it say on your t-shirt Gordon? Can't think of any words ending in NRAER except the finest team in Christendom, Stranraer. 

Didn't know that Christianity had come to Stranraer yet. But yes, that's what it says - venue of two Scottish Mini-Conventions back in the nineties.

The T-shirt must have shrunk, though, because I can't get it on these days.

2 hours ago, Dindeleux said:

You’re the guy who is always promoting women’s football on here aren’t you?

Um... no. Never mentioned it.

Edited by GordonD

4 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Did you wipe away a tear of pride?