C**** on a Train

22 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Interesting reading this - from a year ago the consensus is that folk not wearing masks on a train are cretins. Nowadays I think that consensus may have slipped somewhat.

Quite a difference a year (and a successful vaccine programme) make.

I’m on a train now. Edinburgh to Glasgow and everyone within sight has a mask on.

I know this would belong on c**** on a tram page but this will have to do. 

Visiting Edinburgh last week and took the tram from the Gyle into princes street for a trail about with the weans. The conductors were a treat to watch. Fair dodgers lobbed off at the next stop. Family of women including a right auld woman lobbed off for no having a ticket. Plus a few fancy evening drinkers taking the tram the few stops to princes street and lobbed off after 1 stop to get a ticket. Merciless. 

On 16/09/2021 at 13:59, scottsdad said:

Interesting reading this - from a year ago the consensus is that folk not wearing masks on a train are cretins. Nowadays I think that consensus may have slipped somewhat.

Quite a difference a year (and a successful vaccine programme) make.

that's why i drive everywhere, you don't have to deal with or occupy the same area as random arseholes.

I've not been on a train or bus since early last year and that's not going to change until the mask wearing disappears.  I'm forced to wear a snood for 40 min flights offshore and I find it an utterly horrible experience. Difference with that is that I'm getting paid for it, but there's no way I'm paying for a mask wearing trip for anything over 15 mins.  That's my absolute voluntary limit, including shop visits as well.

There was suggestion of me going to Canada for Christmas with family there later this year (if their govt let us, of course) but any enthusiasm for that idea instantly died with the thought of wearing a mask for hours on end for the flight over.  Simply not happening.

For avoidance of doubt, I'm not talking about taking my mask off on trains or other places, I'll simply just not go.

Edited by Hedgecutter

21 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I've not been on a train or bus since early last year and that's not going to change until the mask wearing disappears.  I'm forced to wear a snood for 40 min flights offshore and I find it an utterly horrible experience. Difference with that is that I'm getting paid for it, but there's no way I'm paying for a mask wearing trip for anything over 15 mins.  That's my absolute voluntary limit, including shop visits as well.

There was suggestion of me going to Canada for Christmas with family there later this year (if their govt let us, of course) but any enthusiasm for that idea instantly died with the thought of wearing a mask for hours on end for the flight over.  Simply not happening.

For avoidance of doubt, I'm not talking about taking my mask off in these places, I'll simply just not go.

Might be worth trying an FFP2 mask to see if it's any more bearable, there's some air in front of your mouth that I find makes it less unpleasant for a long journey. Boots sell them, they're a bit pricier and meant to be single use only.

6456-BuXw2e8OMkkH3KaeU2OijyscP3i0Hg09DVF

1 hour ago, Clough85 said:

I know this would belong on c**** on a tram page but this will have to do. 

Visiting Edinburgh last week and took the tram from the Gyle into princes street for a trail about with the weans. The conductors were a treat to watch. Fair dodgers lobbed off at the next stop. Family of women including a right auld woman lobbed off for no having a ticket. Plus a few fancy evening drinkers taking the tram the few stops to princes street and lobbed off after 1 stop to get a ticket. Merciless. 

Why did they not want to go to the fair?

On 20/09/2021 at 09:17, welshbairn said:

Might be worth trying an FFP2 mask to see if it's any more bearable, there's some air in front of your mouth that I find makes it less unpleasant for a long journey. Boots sell them, they're a bit pricier and meant to be single use only.

6456-BuXw2e8OMkkH3KaeU2OijyscP3i0Hg09DVF

masks apparently don't work, i read it on here millions of times, but if you want to go the 'tory, ''f**k you jack'' route, where your air is filtered in and you can breath out, can't go wrong with

See the source image

i've had one for about 5 years, and used it all through the pandemic

• 4 months later...

I got on a train home today. I took my headphones out at one point and the cúnt across from me was playing a teams meeting out loud in her phone.

It was some sort of study group or something and I thought "what a cúnt" as I put my tunes back on.

I couldn't hear it any more but I was furious with rage and wanted to shout "get some headphones cúnt" at them.

Fucking arsehole.

I got on a train home today. I took my headphones out at one point and the cúnt across from me was playing a teams meeting out loud in her phone.

It was some sort of study group or something and I thought "what a cúnt" as I put my tunes back on.

I couldn't hear it any more but I was furious with rage and wanted to shout "get some headphones cúnt" at them.

Fucking arsehole.

See also folk walking about with their phone on loudspeaker. It's normally the younger folk doing it. When did this nonsense become socially acceptable?

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

See also folk walking about with their phone on loudspeaker. It's normally the younger folk doing it. When did this nonsense become socially acceptable?

They are obviously not phoning anyone on P&B as no c***t here answers their phone apparently!

• 1 month later...

The brief background to this one is that there's engineering for the next couple of months, so nothing stops at Rutherglen and only a few trains stop at Cambuslang, with most trains being diverted round the Newton line to Central.

I got on a train at Kirkhill earlier on and thought I'd walked into an argument...a young lassie was trying to tell a middle-aged wifie that she needed to get off there and walk five or ten minutes down the hill if she wanted to get to Cambuslang.

"This can't be Cambuslang. It says Kirkhill out there....I'm staying on till we get to Cambuslang"

Eventually the doors shut on her, with the lassie still trying to explain she should have got off at that last station.

"That WAS Cambuslang you just missed - it's just that the station's in the posh bit further up the hill. With the big houses..." she added helpfully, the way you would to a small child who was a bit slow on the uptake.

The older wifie hit back with an air of misplaced triumph: "Well then, that's what it should say on the signs then, shouldn't it?"

I'd love to see that rail sign in Gaelic.

8 hours ago, Hillonearth said:

The brief background to this one is that there's engineering for the next couple of months, so nothing stops at Rutherglen and only a few trains stop at Cambuslang, with most trains being diverted round the Newton line to Central.

I got on a train at Kirkhill earlier on and thought I'd walked into an argument...a young lassie was trying to tell a middle-aged wifie that she needed to get off there and walk five or ten minutes down the hill if she wanted to get to Cambuslang.

"This can't be Cambuslang. It says Kirkhill out there....I'm staying on till we get to Cambuslang"

Eventually the doors shut on her, with the lassie still trying to explain she should have got off at that last station.

"That WAS Cambuslang you just missed - it's just that the station's in the posh bit further up the hill. With the big houses..." she added helpfully, the way you would to a small child who was a bit slow on the uptake.

The older wifie hit back with an air of misplaced triumph: "Well then, that's what it should say on the signs then, shouldn't it?"

I'd love to see that rail sign in Gaelic.

Free entertainment on a train thread for this pish

1 hour ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Free entertainment on a train thread for this pish

I was thinking the asking someone for advice and then arguing the toss when it was given pushed her into c**t territory, but you're probably right. I was only on for one stop because I was getting off at Burnside to go to the football, but I'd have loved to see how long it took her for the penny to finally drop.