C**** on a Train

Why? Arsehole behaviour given it's not mandatory for anybody to wear one.
Being aware that there are many good reasons why someone might not be wearing a face covering. Please be kind and don’t challenge them, Some people may be wearing a lanyard or badge to show they are exempt or carry an exemption card, but some may not.
Those exempt under the guidance and regulations do not have to prove their exemption and should not be made to wear a face covering or denied access to public transport, shops or public places. We ask for people to be aware of the exemptions and to treat each other with kindness.
Taken from - https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-phase-3-staying-safe-and-protecting-others/pages/face-coverings/#enforcement
It's mandatory on public transport. I was on the train as a passenger the other week. They aren't great on long journeys but I just pulled it down from my nose every so often for a breather and put it back up. It really isn't difficult. I do wonder how many of these arseholes who refuse to wear a mask are like my idiot sister in law who refuses "because of asthma" yet will happily fill her lungs with tobacco smoke 15 times a day.

It's mandatory on public transport. I was on the train as a passenger the other week. They aren't great on long journeys but I just pulled it down from my nose every so often for a breather and put it back up. It really isn't difficult. I do wonder how many of these arseholes who refuse to wear a mask are like my idiot sister in law who refuses "because of asthma" yet will happily fill her lungs with tobacco smoke 15 times a day.
I wonder if anyone has ever, even during production (probably only for higher end masks tbf) ever done an airflow test through them.

I ask because for me, theres absolutely no fucking way that a mask can impede airflow to the point that it can somehow affect someone who has asthma.

Haply to proved wrong if anyone knows differently but I dint think asthma is a suitable excuse.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

I wonder if anyone has ever, even during production (probably only for higher end masks tbf) ever done an airflow test through them.

I ask because for me, theres absolutely no fucking way that a mask can impede airflow to the point that it can somehow affect someone who has asthma.

Haply to proved wrong if anyone knows differently but I dint think asthma is a suitable excuse.

I read a study that did show a notably reduced oxygen intake during exercise. So if someone already has a reduced ability to take in oxygen then adding another aspect might not be particularly great.  

1 minute ago, parsforlife said:

I read a study that did show a notably reduced oxygen intake during exercise. So if someone already has a reduced ability to take in oxygen then adding another aspect might not be particularly great.  

Asthma.org.uk disagrees. They suggest that even someone with sever asthma can wear a mask due to there being no evidence of reduced O2 or increased CO2.

On 13/03/2020 at 16:07, GordonD said:

I was watching Undercover Boss Canada

At one point he was with Melissa, a transport cop (and a wid) 

Did the boss eventually give her $20,000 for some cosmetic operation, or did she have to provide some sort of sob story about how she was raised by bears in a forest or has to raise 12 kids?

• 2 weeks later...
On 18/10/2020 at 04:17, RawB93 said:

Why? Arsehole behaviour given it's not mandatory for anybody to wear one.

Being aware that there are many good reasons why someone might not be wearing a face covering. Please be kind and don’t challenge them, Some people may be wearing a lanyard or badge to show they are exempt or carry an exemption card, but some may not.

Those exempt under the guidance and regulations do not have to prove their exemption and should not be made to wear a face covering or denied access to public transport, shops or public places. We ask for people to be aware of the exemptions and to treat each other with kindness.

Taken from - https://www.gov.scot/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-phase-3-staying-safe-and-protecting-others/pages/face-coverings/#enforcement

A group of wee clowns all not wearing masks deserve to get chucked aff.

Very few good reasons to not wear a wee bit of cloth for a short time IMO

There are definitely certain types of folk who refuse to wear a mask, and the vast majority of the time it's utterly unsurprising.

There are so few conditions that preclude the wearing of a mask that you shouldn't really be out if you have one.

I think some people genuinely think it's only them who have to wear one and everyone else doesn't have to and will laugh at them for looking daft.  To be honest. I've gotten used to it now and it's not really in my conscious now when going into a shop.  It's just part of life seeing everyone wearing a mask now.

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

I think some people genuinely think it's only them who have to wear one and everyone else doesn't have to and will laugh at them for looking daft.  To be honest. I've gotten used to it now and it's not really in my conscious now when going into a shop.  It's just part of life seeing everyone wearing a mask now.

It shows how quickly people have become conditioned to notice whether or not people are wearing masks and how it's obviously now part of the public psyche. Western Australia nipped Covid in the bud pretty early on and closed the borders here so life has carried on as normal for the most part. I was at a motor racing event at the weekend and sent a couple of videos to my car enthusiast brother-in-law whose first comment was, "Why is no c**t wearing a mask?"

It shows how quickly people have become conditioned to notice whether or not people are wearing masks and how it's obviously now part of the public psyche. Western Australia nipped Covid in the bud pretty early on and closed the borders here so life has carried on as normal for the most part. I was at a motor racing event at the weekend and sent a couple of videos to my car enthusiast brother-in-law whose first comment was, "Why is no c**t wearing a mask?"
Bathurst?

21 hours ago, jimmy boo said:
22 hours ago, Dee Man said:

Bathurst?

Na, it's an event called Targa West. Closed off some roads in the town centre and had cars racing against the clock. Pretty fucking cool tbh. 

23 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Half the people on the trains atm aren’t bothering with masks which is fine as I’ve always wanted to give my life for the commute.

My ideal way to go would be being overcome by diesel fumes up the back of the 201 bus from Hamilton to East Kilbride. 

• 10 months later...

Ticket offices are a consistent source of cuntery. Today, I had chatty tattooed 50yr old wifie at one window, irate 60yr old man at the other window who can’t understand why his Kings Cross train is delayed or what to do about it. Both taking way longer than it should have with their banal questions to the ticket office staff. Just make a decision, buy your ticket, f**k off and get your trains you absolute plamfs. Lady behind the counter gives zero fucks for your minor transportation delays or plans for that day.

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

Ticket offices are a consistent source of cuntery. Today, I had chatty tattooed 50yr old wifie at one window, irate 60yr old man at the other window who can’t understand why his Kings Cross train is delayed or what to do about it. Both taking way longer than it should have with their banal questions to the ticket office staff. Just make a decision, buy your ticket, f**k off and get your trains you absolute plamfs. Lady behind the counter gives zero fucks for your minor transportation delays or plans for that day.

Pics etc