Yoker news today

babfc

• 2 weeks later...

Yep it's been a horrendous season. A decent first half but like the previous week, our defence fell apart after the break. Cheap, cheap goals to lose. I haven't looked at the other results to know if 4 wins in the last 4 will be good enough. Not sure we're capable of those results to be honest. 

1 hour ago, Archman said:

Yep it's been a horrendous season. A decent first half but like the previous week, our defence fell apart after the break. Cheap, cheap goals to lose. I haven't looked at the other results to know if 4 wins in the last 4 will be good enough. Not sure we're capable of those results to be honest. 

In my very humble opinion this Yoker team is the worst I've seen in twenty years plus. In the team there are some good players but not enough to prevent the rotten ones undoing anything the good ones create. If they achieve the miracle that is needed to survive my opinion won't alter. Form is temporary as they say.

Stay up and without major improvement ( devine intervention more like) we'll be saying the same things same time next year. In previous years in the same situation supporters would bite their nails in anxiety over the plight of the team. This year it's more or less been accepted that we are not good enough.

If/ when we go down I honestly think we'll be in the bottom league for some considerable time.

As always I am willing to be proved wrong.

44 minutes ago, babfc said:

In my very humble opinion this Yoker team is the worst I've seen in twenty years plus. In the team there are some good players but not enough to prevent the rotten ones undoing anything the good ones create. If they achieve the miracle that is needed to survive my opinion won't alter. Form is temporary as they say.

Stay up and without major improvement ( devine intervention more like) we'll be saying the same things same time next year. In previous years in the same situation supporters would bite their nails in anxiety over the plight of the team. This year it's more or less been accepted that we are not good enough.

If/ when we go down I honestly think we'll be in the bottom league for some considerable time.

As always I am willing to be proved wrong.

Shame really. Watched some of the earlier games in the season where you only lost by a single goal. Never seemed to get the rub of the green in close matches.

10 hours ago, Archman said:

Even if we do win our remaining four games I don't think that will be enough. No game on the 20th, Maryhill away on the 27th then nothing until 18th & 25th May (Lugar Boswel & Wishaw respectively).  We will be relying on results elsewhere & tbh we could be relegated long before our games in May.

Yes the builders but there is the clean up and some painting 2 get done.

Mon the papers

Is there more painting etc planned? Would make sense for both clubs to stay away until it’s ready although in a business sense it will need to start bringing money as soon as it is good to go.

Let them have the first game ?
I'm sure you didn't mean it but that doesn't sound at all patronising for your new joint venture, does it ?...Good luck to both teams in the refurbished stadium.

Calm down, absolutely nothing but the utmost respect for the folks at yoker, was meant in a supportive way. I’d like for Yoker to have the first game they deserve it.

Perfectly calm...it's cool maaaan...didn't think you would mean it to sound the way it came across over the ether...the nuance of speech and all that. I managed to upset the Dunipace PR department the other day entirely by accident...then I read back what I'd written and saw exactly why they got narky at me. Gotta be mair careful wae they words. Sometimes the wrang words upset folk unintentially. Be careful out there.

Except for thae Be*th bast***s...they deserve it.

Perfectly calm...it's cool maaaan...didn't think you would mean it to sound the way it came across over the ether...the nuance of speech and all that. I managed to upset the Dunipace PR department the other day entirely by accident...then I read back what I'd written and saw exactly why they got narky at me. Gotta be mair careful wae they words. Sometimes the wrang words upset folk unintentially. Be careful out there.
Except for thae Be*th bast***s...they deserve it.

Fair point but genuinely far from how i wanted to come across, have a real soft spot for yoker and think it’d give them a great boost getting back to Holm park for the run in!