Yoker news today

babfc

• 2 weeks later...

Hynes, Cree & Maitland, two goals each. Maitland scored two free kicks, 25yds & 20yds respectively.  Forth ended the game with 9 men, goalie & a defender sent off, also their manager. The game was switched to Holm Park as Forth's pitch was flooded.

I'm pleased to see some more signings. Particularly good to see the defence being strengthened with Hashim Cole making a good debut last week.

I hope the management now decide on their best starting eleven and over the next half dozen games or so give them as much game time together as possible to get settled. Then we can see where we are.

I'm not sure of the squad size now but I think the manager said he wanted about 19 or 20. It's always a difficult balancing act keeping everyone happy but I feel we need to get a settled team as quickly as possible and hopefully get a run of wins under our belts.

Hard 1-0 victory for the whe ho yesterday,had a few players missing but still got the result in the end,hopefully see a few more bodies back next week for another difficult fixture away to lesmahegow.

I did wonder if you had a few missing. We did too, was a terrible game though.

On ‎24‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 18:57, Markka said:

I did wonder if you had a few missing. We did too, was a terrible game though.

On a personal note, I'd like to thank your members & committee on behalf of our committee and team for your excellent hospitality before and after the match, it was second to none.