Yoker news today

babfc

You are correct the new management team only joined in January and became the third management team of the season. They are rebuilding the team and will be in place for next season to continue the job. The also have never had the opportunity to play at Holm Park as the refurbishment started in January. Playing all our games effectively away from home undoubtedly didn't help our season but hopefully the return to Holm Park will give us a much better opportunity next season.

I must also add congratulations to Shettleston who won the matches at the end when it mattered.

On ‎10‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 16:00, Taxman said:

Hopefully Wishaw at Holm Park Community Soccer Academy on the 25th May.

This happening?

I'd've expected continuing with McKenna Park for that last match, leaving moving back until next season. 

Had a wee look at Holm Park this evening. Pitch looking nice.  I noticed the ground at the side of the clubhouse has been levelled. Are there plans for extending the building or anything?

A wee club like at Maryhill would be champion, bring some funds in for both clubs.

1 hour ago, supersub11 said:

Anyone know if the surface will be anything like the new surface at the reccy in Mountblow?

Had a look at it the other night and the pitch was shocking considering it's brand new.

It's 10 times better than that.

11 hours ago, supersub11 said:

Anyone know if the surface will be anything like the new surface at the reccy in Mountblow?

Had a look at it the other night and the pitch was shocking considering it's brand new.

All artificial surfaces are shocking. 

It’s a shame Yoker have done this as there pitch a decade ago was the worst in the Juniors and they raised the standard hugely most recently to a decent pitch. 

That's the end then of what was a dismal season for the Club and we will play next season in League Two,or the basement as some would call it.

There were some hopes when the new management team took over in January but as we know it's the hope that kills you. It was too little too late and while it may not be a certainty that we'll get straight back up I think with some new faces, a full pre season to bed in the coaches' methods and the lift of our upgraded ground, at least we've got to hope to be a more competitive outfit than this season. Again I'm back to that dreaded word hope.

One thing I'm looking forward to is the new playing surface ensuring we get our games played. Artificial has its critics but for us and the wider community it is the way forward ensuring cash flow from games which is vital at any level of the game. The blot on that landscape is of course the scourge of vandalism which is endemic in society.

Anyway to all of a Yoker persuasion, have a good summer of bowls, cricket, tennis and of course Women's World Cup and remember, we may be down but we are not out!

That's the end then of what was a dismal season for the Club and we will play next season in League Two,or the basement as some would call it.
There were some hopes when the new management team took over in January but as we know it's the hope that kills you. It was too little too late and while it may not be a certainty that we'll get straight back up I think with some new faces, a full pre season to bed in the coaches' methods and the lift of our upgraded ground, at least we've got to hope to be a more competitive outfit than this season. Again I'm back to that dreaded word hope.
One thing I'm looking forward to is the new playing surface ensuring we get our games played. Artificial has its critics but for us and the wider community it is the way forward ensuring cash flow from games which is vital at any level of the game. The blot on that landscape is of course the scourge of vandalism which is endemic in society.
Anyway to all of a Yoker persuasion, have a good summer of bowls, cricket, tennis and of course Women's World Cup and remember, we may be down but we are not out!

Hope to see you guys bounce back asap!

On ‎24‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 08:30, babfc said:

6 visits to Ayrshire next season....what fun!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Seven new players now signed:

Darren Fitzpatrick & Kieran Armstrong formerly of Southside Amateurs

Ryan McCreath & Nathan Kavanagh formerly of Kilbirnie Ladeside

Ryan McLaren formerly of Arthurlie

Scott Gallagher formerly of Vale of Leven

David McGrath formerly of Harmony Row U21s

Two friendlies lined up so far:

13/07/19 v Clydebank to formally open the Holm Park Community Football Academy

20/07/19 v Renfrew at New Western Park

This season's fixtures (1st half of it anyway):

Sectional League Cup Group 9

27/07/19 - Vale of Clyde (h)

29/07/19 - Clydebank (a)

31/07/19 - Vale of Leven (h)

All 6.30pm KOs

League 2

03/08/19 - Lugar Boswell Thistle (a)

07/08/19 - Vale of Clyde (h) - 6.30pm

10/08/19 - Newmains Utd (a)

17/08/19 - Maybole (h)

24/07/19 - Muirkirk (h)

31/08/19 - Johnstone Burgh (a)

07/09/19 - Thorniewood Utd (h)

14/09/19 - Ardeer Thistle (a)

21/09/18 - No game (only 15 teams in this league)

05/10/19 - Saltcoats Victoria (a)

12/10/19 - Ashfield (a)

19/10/19 - Forth Wanderers (a)

26/10/19 - Annbank Utd - (h)

02/11/19 - Saint Anthonys (h)

16/11/19 - Lugar Boswell Thistle (h)

23/11/19 - Vale of Clyde (a)

30/11/19 - Newmains Utd - (h)

07/12/19 - Maybole (a)

14/12/19 - Vale of Leven (h)

21/12/19 - Muirkirk (a)

28/12/19 Johnstone Burgh (h)

All 2.00pm KOs

2 hours ago, Taxman said:

This season's fixtures (1st half of it anyway):

Sectional League Cup Group 9

27/07/19 - Vale of Clyde (h)

29/07/19 - Clydebank (a)

31/07/19 - Vale of Leven (h)

All 6.30pm KOs

League 2

03/08/19 - Lugar Boswell Thistle (a)

07/08/19 - Vale of Clyde (h) - 6.30pm

10/08/19 - Newmains Utd (a)

17/08/19 - Maybole (h)

24/07/19 - Muirkirk (h)

31/08/19 - Johnstone Burgh (a)

07/09/19 - Thorniewood Utd (h)

14/09/19 - Ardeer Thistle (a)

21/09/18 - No game (only 15 teams in this league)

05/10/19 - Saltcoats Victoria (a)

12/10/19 - Ashfield (a)

19/10/19 - Forth Wanderers (a)

26/10/19 - Annbank Utd - (h)

02/11/19 - Saint Anthonys (h)

16/11/19 - Lugar Boswell Thistle (h)

23/11/19 - Vale of Clyde (a)

30/11/19 - Newmains Utd - (h)

07/12/19 - Maybole (a)

14/12/19 - Vale of Leven (h)

21/12/19 - Muirkirk (a)

28/12/19 Johnstone Burgh (h)

All 2.00pm KOs

Do we always get the same 3 teams in the sectional cup each year?