• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
babfc

Yoker news today

I might be inviting stick from the less stable on here but in my view there were positives to be be taken from yesterday's defeat to Maryhill. 

To take the lead after losing our captain after 15 minutes to a harsh red card was more than I expected and was on the balance of play justified in my opinion.

To concede the equaliser just before half time was us reverting to type, poor defending and the procession to 3-1 down was again all self inflicted and a doing seemed inevitable.

However to get back level showed character that we have been missing and although we conceded again it's that character that gives me hope that we might avoid relegation because even this early sadly, that must be our only aim. 

As for the sending off, despite being a great servant to the the Club, it's just one of a catalogue of bookings and sending offs that Gary Bissland may look back on when he eventually hangs up his boots and thinks what the hell was I doing? So many have been totally avoidable if he'd only taken a deep breath and said nothing. He's not alone in the Junior ranks as dissent must be the number one reason for cards in my experience. But he made it easy for the ref. Having  said that the younger crop of referees seem to have been educated in Swiss finishing schools and brought up in cloud cuckoo land and never exposed to the real world of a man's game and "industrial language". Life experience doesn't seem to be a prerequisite for a whistler in the Juniors these days.

If Gary had stayed on and given us his usual contribution it would have been a different outcome I'm sure.

Heard tonight that another ex Yoker player has joined Richard Henry at Renfrew. I hope Reece McGillion does well with them. He was very under rated by our Management team. I don't think they realised what they had and certainly didn't play him often enough in my opinion.

Edited by babfc
Grammar

Fine away victory at Maybole (2-3) on Saturday & a vital three points.  McBride & Maitland (2) the goalscorers.  Confident of winning at Shettleston this Saturday too.

14 hours ago, Taxman said:

Fine away victory at Maybole (2-3) on Saturday & a vital three points.  McBride & Maitland (2) the goalscorers.  Confident of winning at Shettleston this Saturday too.

Yes, well deserved.  Hopeful of putting a run of  results together to match recent performance levels. Good to see Maitland scoring a couple too which will be good for his and the team's confidence.

Shettleston away tomorrow, 2.00pm KO. It's quite possible we will be wearing the orange away strip.

Cambuslang Rangers away on Saturday, WofS Cup 1st Round, Orange strips being worn, 14.00 KO.

Wow that was a tough one to watch today though the result was not unexpected given the league placings  of the sides.  A daft sending off from Howie although I think half the team's heads were down by then anyway. A slightly more spirited performance in the 2nd half at least. My first game in a few weeks.  Have we moved a few players on of late?