Yoker news today

babfc

For those of a Yoker persuasion, the Whe Ho played a friendly last night against Kirkintilloch Rob Roy.  The result was 1-3 but the Who Ho more than held their own against Premiership opponents and went 1-0 ahead at half-time having outplayed Kirkie for most of the half.  However, KRR had 9 subs, we had 4 including a goalie so we basically ran out of steam against a fresh Kirkie team in the second half, the ref sticking to the rule book & refusing to let both teams rotate players as the game progressed, much to our disadvantage.  However, it was a useful exercise for both teams, Kirkie not having played for four weeks & the Whe Ho with a potentially difficult away match at Muirkirk on Saturday.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/12/2019 at 10:01, Taxman said:

For those of a Yoker persuasion, the Whe Ho played a friendly last night against Kirkintilloch Rob Roy.  The result was 1-3 but the Who Ho more than held their own against Premiership opponents and went 1-0 ahead at half-time having outplayed Kirkie for most of the half.  However, KRR had 9 subs, we had 4 including a goalie so we basically ran out of steam against a fresh Kirkie team in the second half, the ref sticking to the rule book & refusing to let both teams rotate players as the game progressed, much to our disadvantage.  However, it was a useful exercise for both teams, Kirkie not having played for four weeks & the Whe Ho with a potentially difficult away match at Muirkirk on Saturday.

Another ‘potentially’ difficult tie today! If Burgh win that’ll be yoker having only taken 1 point from last 9. Itsok beating Ardeer, Saltcoats and Newmains but if you want to go places you need to beat teams at both ends of the league table. Let’s see how this goes 

Outstanding performance and result today with a few players out too. Have to be honest, feared the worst after the opening goal and the results of the last two weeks. It was starting to look like 1 point from 9 from the 3 other teams in the running. Great comeback, we deserved to win by more.

On 28 August 2019 at 21:09, HaroldWilson said:

A draw into a defeat followed by league favourites this week could this be a two week window that has defined Yokers season? 

Its ok walking over the lower end of the league teams but when it gets to the top end teams that’s when the big points at at stake. 

The Johnstone Buroo were totally dominated today and should have been disposed of more convincingly by a far superior Yoker team, despite us missing some regulars.

Had the two perfectly good Yoker goals stood, wrongly disallowed by another poor referee, we would have had a more realistic result.

The Buroo's games in hand are all well and good. But only if you win them!

Put that in your pipe "Harold". 

Watched the Ashfield v Yoker game today and must say was disappointed with Yoker. That said Ashfield were excellent, worked hard and chased every ball giving Yoker very little opportunities.

Ashfield creeping up the table with a few games in hand and hitting good form. My choice for one of the promotion places.

54 minutes ago, Wuggy said:

Watched the Ashfield v Yoker game today and must say was disappointed with Yoker. That said Ashfield were excellent, worked hard and chased every ball giving Yoker very little opportunities.

Ashfield creeping up the table with a few games in hand and hitting good form. My choice for one of the promotion places.

Yeah I took this game in today also and I agree with you but dunno what all the hype is about the big lanky striker never seen it today off him. 

Yeah I took this game in today also and I agree with you but dunno what all the hype is about the big lanky striker never seen it today off him. 

Absolutely- he will back in the churches league next year. Goal rate not good enough for juniors [emoji6]

22 minutes ago, The real Arabic maverick said:

I have seen him play better but am sure Ashfield will be happy with another 2 goals today from Callum.He was slightly isolated after Ashfield changed shape after 20 mins when midfielder got straight red

I thought Yoker's defence was terrified whenever you get forward. We didn't (or couldn't) adjust our game to the playing conditions and after last week's game it was a terrible disappointment. Hoping our usual goalie is back next week! A big target man would be a very useful acquisition for the second half of the season. Easier said than done probably.

Yoker supporters last week talking about how they’ll win the league at a canter. That’s two weeks in a row I’ve seen them, demolished Burgh last week and absolutely awful this week.

just wondering, if they can’t adapt to playing away having only won 4 from 8 on the road? It’s ok having that big Astro and being able to use it as an advantage but leagues aren’t won at home. 

11 hours ago, HaroldWilson said:

Yoker supporters last week talking about how they’ll win the league at a canter. That’s two weeks in a row I’ve seen them, demolished Burgh last week and absolutely awful this week.

just wondering, if they can’t adapt to playing away having only won 4 from 8 on the road? It’s ok having that big Astro and being able to use it as an advantage but leagues aren’t won at home. 

You'll need to show evidence of any Yoker supporter saying we'll win the League " at a canter" or any other way.

I certainly don't think that and I don't know anyone who does.

We know Yoker goalies are apt to make mistakes.

We know the defence is too fragile too often and prone to giving teams a goal or two of a start.

We know we don't take enough of the chances we make and we know we aren't good enough at going to difficult places and playing as well as we can. That's just a few of our faults. 

I wasn't at the game yesterday but the above frailties were probably all evident in the performance and result.

If we get promoted this season that would be great but for those who see Yoker more often than you the feeling is that there needs to be more and sustained improvement in all areas for promotion to be even remotely likely and certainly not as League winners.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...