Yoker news today

babfc

Very heavy pitch at Leven last night, not helped by the rain of course but thought the grass was slightly longer than necessary.

Felt we actually played better when it was 11 v 11. The number of long balls in the 2nd half didn't really do us any favours.

Shout out to Leven for the goal, an  absolute peach. Also some save by their goalie from the scissors effort in the 2nd half.

Still, 10 points out of 12 is a good start, onwards and upwards.

I agree about the pitch but can't agree about their goal. From my view it was straight at our keeper and instead of his now trademark one hand slap if he gets two hands up he at least makes connection. Only my opinion of course.

However I thought we really should have won it as we totally outplayed them in the second half, helped by them being a man short of course.

All in all a decent performance. While we can be happy with our start it's games like that and considering the chances we made that we should be winning. 

However let's look at it as a point gained rather than two dropped and a performance which bodes well for today's fixture if we can keep up to that standard.

Not a good result or performance yesterday and deservedly beaten by a team who were better organised than us.

This team of ours, this management team of ours seem to take their tactics and approach from what they see on telly. Tippy tappy football across the 18 yard box and trying to play through a packed defence of hammer throwers like Muirkirk had will work occasionally in this division but nine times out of ten the defence will beat our forwards because we simply don't have the skill to play that way.

Let's get back to basics, stretch defences, get to the bye line, have a shot from 18 yards plus, vary our approach, do what our players are good at not what's in vogue in the senior game. The skill levels are simply not there at our level for these tactics.

In short, let's get real. This is the bottom division of the Juniors. Yesterday's performance and more so the tactics or lack of them will see us in it for a long time.

14 minutes ago, babfc said:

Not a good result or performance yesterday and deservedly beaten by a team who were better organised than us.

This team of ours, this management team of ours seem to take their tactics and approach from what they see on telly. Tippy tappy football across the 18 yard box and trying to play through a packed defence of hammer throwers like Muirkirk had will work occasionally in this division but nine times out of ten the defence will beat our forwards because we simply don't have the skill to play that way.

Let's get back to basics, stretch defences, get to the bye line, have a shot from 18 yards plus, vary our approach, do what our players are good at not what's in vogue in the senior game. The skill levels are simply not there at our level for these tactics.

In short, let's get real. This is the bottom division of the Juniors. Yesterday's performance and more so the tactics or lack of them will see us in it for a long time.

Hammer throwers? I think our defence was excellent, backs to the wall for 40 minutes and fought like lions

Sorry. No offence meant. I was meaning their size. You've got some big units in defence. Definitely a strong physical presence and yes, from back to front you defended really well. As I said a deserved victory. I think you'll have a good season. Good luck.

• 1 month later...
On 28/08/2019 at 21:09, HaroldWilson said:

A draw into a defeat followed by league favourites this week could this be a two week window that has defined Yokers season? 

Its ok walking over the lower end of the league teams but when it gets to the top end teams that’s when the big points at at stake. 

Yoker will now play Ardeer Thistle away on Saturday due to our intended opponents facing a replay in the Scottish Cup.

On 05/10/2019 at 17:06, Archman said:

Well done the boys today. 9 goals in two games! Maybole did us a good turn beating Muirkirk and Leven losing their first game of the season keeps things tight amongst the top 4. A good day!

Today's match away to Forth Wanderers has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.

Edited by WheHo

• 4 weeks later...

A really terrific performance last night, well worth braving the cold for. A damn shame we couldn't get just rewards for the performance in the shootout. Can't fault any of the boys and if we can carry that kind of form to the league games, I'm confident we can get promotion.

2 hours ago, Archman said:

A really terrific performance last night, well worth braving the cold for. A damn shame we couldn't get just rewards for the performance in the shootout. Can't fault any of the boys and if we can carry that kind of form to the league games, I'm confident we can get promotion.

It’s going to be a tight one this year. Could be any three from Vale of Leven, Muirkirk, Burgh, Yoker and Ashfield I think. Although looking at how Muirkirk destroyed Vale of Leven today perhaps they’ll now fall away if they turn in that performance in the league. 

19 hours ago, keepbelieving69 said:

Are the yoker media team filming any games?

There looks like a camera set up next to the remains of the shed of late. My eyesight is gash so not sure if it's a vid camera or not. There hasn't been any highlights on the Facebook page.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Have you guys got the shelter back up, or should I make sure I've got my brolly with me on Saturday?

You’ll need your brolly Craig. Enclosure can’t be constructed at the moment. The pavilion is being renovated so there are portacabins sitting behind it. While they are there the contractor can’t get access. Hopefully won’t be too long.

You’ll need your brolly Craig. Enclosure can’t be constructed at the moment. The pavilion is being renovated so there are portacabins sitting behind it. While they are there the contractor can’t get access. Hopefully won’t be too long.
Didn't think it was up yet, just wanted to.double check. Will make sure I've got the brolly on hand. Cheers.