Darren Fitzpatrick & Kieran Armstrong formerly of Southside Amateurs

Ryan McCreath & Nathan Kavanagh formerly of Kilbirnie Ladeside

Ryan McLaren formerly of Arthurlie

Scott Gallagher formerly of Vale of Leven

David McGrath formerly of Harmony Row U21s

Two friendlies lined up so far:

13/07/19 v Clydebank to formally open the Holm Park Community Football Academy

20/07/19 v Renfrew at New Western Park

Taxman, can you provide a full squad list for the programme please for our Sectional game and pre-season friendly . Cheers

Including the 7 mentioned above & in no particular order:

Liam Campbell

Hashim Cole

Gary Bissland

David Crerand

Christopher Scott

Daniel Cawley

Ross McDonald

Greg Cree

Greg McBride

George Thomson

Conor McGregor

Steven Howie

Andy Campbell

Greg Maitland

Grant Gaddi

Jamie Waddell

Ryan Hynes (possible re-signing)

Co-Managers - Peter McKenna & Tommy Montgomery

Coaches - Sam Meikle & Gordon Robertson

4 hours ago, Taxman said:

Including the 7 mentioned above & in no particular order:

Liam Campbell

Hashim Cole

Gary Bissland

David Crerand

Christopher Scott

Daniel Cawley

Ross McDonald

Greg Cree

Greg McBride

George Thomson

Conor McGregor

Steven Howie

Andy Campbell

Greg Maitland

Grant Gaddi

Jamie Waddell

Ryan Hynes (possible re-signing)

Co-Managers - Peter McKenna & Tommy Montgomery

Coaches - Sam Meikle & Gordon Robertson

Hynes re-signing? Fingers crossed for that, a big miss last year.

2 hours ago, Jimmy Caskie said:

Cheers mate , although I heard Liam Campbell had chucked it?

Not heard anything about that but he will be more involved in coaching Celtic Ladies so may not make training nights.

Seen Ryan McLaren growing up from 13s and was always a very good all round keeper. 

Dan Crawley is one of my favourite players I’ve coached. Such a great attitude, will to win and dedicated. Really took our team on to the next level when we won the Scottish. 

• 4 weeks later...

A good away win for Yoker to start the new League campaign. I was only able to follow on twitter but to come from an early goal down to win 1-2 shows a bit of the character we're going to need in the coming months. Good to see Davie Crerand getting the goals too.

With all respect to Lugar, I don't know what kind of force they are going to be this season,  I hope we can build confidence from an away win for the bigger challenges we will face  as we go forward. As I was writing that  last sentence I was reminded of our first League game of last season when we beat Wishaw 4-3 away and look how that season panned out. So onwards and upwards with feet planted firmly on the ground, if that's possible.

Ps.for us Twitter followers any chance of the team lineup for future games?

7 hours ago, babfc said:

A good away win for Yoker to start the new League campaign. I was only able to follow on twitter but to come from an early goal down to win 1-2 shows a bit of the character we're going to need in the coming months. Good to see Davie Crerand getting the goals too.

With all respect to Lugar, I don't know what kind of force they are going to be this season,  I hope we can build confidence from an away win for the bigger challenges we will face  as we go forward. As I was writing that  last sentence I was reminded of our first League game of last season when we beat Wishaw 4-3 away and look how that season panned out. So onwards and upwards with feet planted firmly on the ground, if that's possible.

Ps.for us Twitter followers any chance of the team lineup for future games?

Yep, not being a driver, I just followed on Twitter yesterday, Lugar just a bit difficult to get to on public transport,  and was delighted to see the boys coming back to win. 

Given the 4 4 draw at the end of last season, you'd expect them to be at a similar level and to have the same aspirations as ourselves so an away win is a terrific result. 

As you say, last year the initial away turned out a false result but after finishing second in the cup group, an improvement on last year, I'm hopeful.

If we can win against Clyde on Wednesday again, things will be looking good, read in the Post that they're favourite for the league. 

The Whe Ho were totally dominant from start to finish, great all-round team performance.  We now have a Facebook page & after every game there a fairly in-depth report on that days game.  I'm not a betting man but the last odds I saw had us at 3-1 for the league with Vale of Clyde out at 9-2.

On 06/08/2019 at 11:04, Taxman said:

The Whe Ho were totally dominant from start to finish, great all-round team performance.  We now have a Facebook page & after every game there a fairly in-depth report on that days game.  I'm not a betting man but the last odds I saw had us at 3-1 for the league with Vale of Clyde out at 9-2.

This Saturday's scheduled match away to Newmains JFC has been postponed due to asbestos being found in the clubhouse at Victoria Park

A good 3-1 win yesterday against Maybole who made it difficult for long spells.  Well done to all and thanks to the Yoker Twitter person for putting the team info on. Much appreciated with all the new players on view. It's nice to know who you're shirrickin!

Disappointing 1-1 draw at Vale of Leven Last night.  Yoker were on top for most of the game especially the second half against 10 men (Vale No.10 sent off 35mins after he had scored a peach with Vales only shot of the first half on 25mins).  The Whe Ho should have been out sight in the second half but squandered chance after chance, even missed a penalty again!!!!!  Cree made amends by scoring the equaliser with 15 to go but we couldn't get a winner.