Yoker news today

babfc

On ‎21‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 10:41, WheHo said:

We are pleased to confirm that work has started today to on the redevelopment of Holm Park .  The first phase of the development will see a new 3G pitch, Floodlights and new and improved boundary fencing. This work is due to be completed by early summer of 2019. We would like to thank West Dunbartonshire Council in supporting these improvements for the benefit of the local community.

Yoker's next game is on Saturday 26th January against Royal Albert at Tilework Park. We would also like to thank Kennie Young and Royal Albert for supporting the change of fixture which was due to be played at Holm Park.

An announcement will be made shortly on the where Yoker will play their remaining home matches while redevelopment work is ongoing at Holm Park.

http://www.yokerathletic.com/community_stadium.html

Yoker's next HOME match will be played at new Tinto Park against Port Glasgow Juniors, on the 2nd February 2019,  kick-off 2pm.

Many thanks to Benburb FC for accommodating the fixture.

On 1/25/2019 at 10:42, WheHo said:

Yoker's next HOME match will be played at new Tinto Park against Port Glasgow Juniors, on the 2nd February 2019,  kick-off 2pm.

Many thanks to Benburb FC for accommodating the fixture.

Just a reminder that tomorrow's home match against Port Glasgow Juniors will be played at New Tinto Park, kick-off 2pm

Our remaining home fixtures will be played at McKenna Park home of St Anthony's. A big thank you to Felix and the guys at the Ants for accommodating us during our homeless period.

19 hours ago, WheHo said:

Just a reminder that tomorrow's home match against Port Glasgow Juniors will be played at New Tinto Park, kick-off 2pm

Our remaining home fixtures will be played at McKenna Park home of St Anthony's. A big thank you to Felix and the guys at the Ants for accommodating us during our homeless period.

Today's match against Port Glasgow Juniors goes ahead at New Tinto Park, kick-off 2pm

• 2 weeks later...

Liam was back last weekend and had a blinder.

Another frustrating result in that we played really well, created a load of chances but losing two goals, including a stupid penalty, in the first 4 mins meant we were up really up against it.

I've no doubt we will climb to safety in the table but the new coaching staff really need to do something about the indiscipline regarding mouthing off constantly to refs. The number of yellows for this is ludicrous and I heard a few Blantyre fans quite astonished with the players' behaviour. 

Anyway, looking forward to the Shettleston game tomorrow, 3 pts for sure!

• 2 weeks later...

With my tin hat firmly in place I am going to venture my opinion.

While I can see some difference in the playing style and some decent players have been brought in we are still not getting the results our build up play merits.

Our failure to turn possession into goals is not helping.

But in my humble opinion the main reason is that the defence is extremely suspect with us playing different personnel every time I attend and those players picked then failing to carry out the basic duties of a defender. The goals lost at the weekend just summed up Yoker's problems, not just this season but for the last three or four. Farcical  defending.

I assume that both these areas are being addressed in training but so far it's not paying dividends. Coaching can improve players undoubtedly but we are seeing some guys making the same basic mistakes time and again.

As a supporter its frustrating but for a management team trying to turn this around it must be soul destroying.

I will remain hopeful that we will survive the drop until the maths prove otherwise but it's not looking good at the moment.

6 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

Games are always off at Lugar...for some reason!

I'm sure Lugar will be desperate to play us now given our form at the moment. Because if it's postponed we might have improved by the time it's eventually played! Maybe.

Can anyone in the know say what's to happen re the cover at Holm Park? I had assumed it's coming down but is it to retained and repaired or replaced?

It must be as old at least as that other famous landmark, the Titan crane so maybe it's got a preservation order on it!

7 minutes ago, babfc said:

I'm sure Lugar will be desperate to play us now given our form at the moment. Because if it's postponed we might have improved by the time it's eventually played! Maybe.

Can anyone in the know say what's to happen re the cover at Holm Park? I had assumed it's coming down but is it to retained and repaired or replaced?

It must be as old at least as that other famous landmark, the Titan crane so maybe it's got a preservation order on it!

The covered stand is being addressed as a priority by HPCFA, the options are to strip back and repair with a slightly different shape or remove and replace altogether.

7 hours ago, WheHo said:

The covered stand is being addressed as a priority by HPCFA, the options are to strip back and repair with a slightly different shape or remove and replace altogether.

Thanks for that information. Having attended games recently at McKenna Park in wet weather and over the years at other grounds with no cover it makes you appreciate our covered area. I hope it can be retained but I get that the finance has to be correct.

On ‎14‎/‎03‎/‎2019 at 11:53, Taxman said:

Fingers crossed for dry weather on Saturday then.  Please note KO is 1pm this week as the Ants have another game on after ours.

Today's match against Wishaw has been postponed

www.yokerathletic.com

Well, who saw that result coming? Brilliant performance. The defence were solid and we scored some brilliant counter attacking goals. A pity our next games are against the top two, gonna be tough to string a few results together but today was very promising. 

We're running out of games & playing the top two a week apart doesn't help but Saturday's result should boost the team's confidence no end.  The teams round about us all have games in hand on us too.