Yoker news today

babfc

Worst league performance of the season thus far.  Competed well enough in a strangely lethargic 1st half, I think the Shotts lads had their night-oot heids on LOL  Lost two quick goals at the start of the 2nd half & that was that basically.  Yet another red card though & two more injuries sustained, Elalial Hadji limped off & Andy Campbell done his hamstring.

Worst league performance of the season thus far.  Competed well enough in a strangely lethargic 1st half, I think the Shotts lads had their night-oot heids on LOL  Lost two quick goals at the start of the 2nd half & that was that basically.  Yet another red card though & two more injuries sustained, Elalial Hadji limped off & Andy Campbell done his hamstring.
Who got sent off?

Mon the papers

Not been on for a while so here is the latest news.

Maurice George has left the club by mutual consent & Kenney McComish has resigned as coach.

A new management team will be in in place early in the New Year, Peter McKenna & Tam Montgomery from Harmony Row U21s.

On a sadder note, committee member Jimmy "Flash" McMonagal passed away on 17 December, his funeral will be on 28th December at Dalnottar Crematorium at 3.30pm.

Away to Maryhill tomorrow, weather permitting obviously, 1.45pm KO.

On ‎21‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 09:08, Taxman said:

Not been on for a while so here is the latest news.

Maurice George has left the club by mutual consent & Kenney McComish has resigned as coach.

A new management team will be in in place early in the New Year, Peter McKenna & Tam Montgomery from Harmony Row U21s.

On a sadder note, committee member Jimmy "Flash" McMonagal passed away on 17 December, his funeral will be on 28th December at Dalnottar Crematorium at 3.30pm.

Away to Maryhill tomorrow, weather permitting obviously, 1.45pm KO.

Match versus Maryhill postponed due to a waterlogged pitch. www.yokerathletic.com

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, sweep said:

It is a complete mystery why the referee refused to play the Yoker game at Lugar today 

The pitch was soft but perfectly playable in my opinion, there was no surface water and only light rain forecast during the day. The referee arrived 45mins before kick-off and proceeded to bounce the ball all over the park for 15 minutes before calling the game off. The unfortunate side effect is that this was very costly and time consuming for both teams who have it all to do again in March.

As a side note I would like to thank Lugar for their excellent hospitality which they hastily rearranged before we made our trip back to Yoker.

4 hours ago, WheHo said:

The pitch was soft but perfectly playable in my opinion, there was no surface water and only light rain forecast during the day. The referee arrived 45mins before kick-off and proceeded to bounce the ball all over the park for 15 minutes before calling the game off. The unfortunate side effect is that this was very costly and time consuming for both teams who have it all to do again in March.

As a side note I would like to thank Lugar for their excellent hospitality which they hastily rearranged before we made our trip back to Yoker.

I would like to thank you for your kind words

Today was my first game for a while. I was given hope, despite the result, that the new management team will get it right and we can progress. All the new starts acquitted themselves well in my view and with more games together they'll get better. 

11 hours ago, Archman said:

How many new starts?

Five. Four started, goalie nos. 2, 6 and 7. No 17 came on in the second half. I don't know their names or where they've come from but all look to have improved  what we had. Time will tell.

We are pleased to confirm that work has started today to on the redevelopment of Holm Park .  The first phase of the development will see a new 3G pitch, Floodlights and new and improved boundary fencing. This work is due to be completed by early summer of 2019. We would like to thank West Dunbartonshire Council in supporting these improvements for the benefit of the local community.

Yoker's next game is on Saturday 26th January against Royal Albert at Tilework Park. We would also like to thank Kennie Young and Royal Albert for supporting the change of fixture which was due to be played at Holm Park.

An announcement will be made shortly on the where Yoker will play their remaining home matches while redevelopment work is ongoing at Holm Park.

http://www.yokerathletic.com/community_stadium.html