Yoker news today

babfc

I might be inviting stick from the less stable on here but in my view there were positives to be be taken from yesterday's defeat to Maryhill. 

To take the lead after losing our captain after 15 minutes to a harsh red card was more than I expected and was on the balance of play justified in my opinion.

To concede the equaliser just before half time was us reverting to type, poor defending and the procession to 3-1 down was again all self inflicted and a doing seemed inevitable.

However to get back level showed character that we have been missing and although we conceded again it's that character that gives me hope that we might avoid relegation because even this early sadly, that must be our only aim. 

As for the sending off, despite being a great servant to the the Club, it's just one of a catalogue of bookings and sending offs that Gary Bissland may look back on when he eventually hangs up his boots and thinks what the hell was I doing? So many have been totally avoidable if he'd only taken a deep breath and said nothing. He's not alone in the Junior ranks as dissent must be the number one reason for cards in my experience. But he made it easy for the ref. Having  said that the younger crop of referees seem to have been educated in Swiss finishing schools and brought up in cloud cuckoo land and never exposed to the real world of a man's game and "industrial language". Life experience doesn't seem to be a prerequisite for a whistler in the Juniors these days.

If Gary had stayed on and given us his usual contribution it would have been a different outcome I'm sure.

Heard tonight that another ex Yoker player has joined Richard Henry at Renfrew. I hope Reece McGillion does well with them. He was very under rated by our Management team. I don't think they realised what they had and certainly didn't play him often enough in my opinion.

Edited by babfc
Grammar

14 hours ago, Taxman said:

Fine away victory at Maybole (2-3) on Saturday & a vital three points.  McBride & Maitland (2) the goalscorers.  Confident of winning at Shettleston this Saturday too.

Yes, well deserved.  Hopeful of putting a run of  results together to match recent performance levels. Good to see Maitland scoring a couple too which will be good for his and the team's confidence.

Wow that was a tough one to watch today though the result was not unexpected given the league placings  of the sides.  A daft sending off from Howie although I think half the team's heads were down by then anyway. A slightly more spirited performance in the 2nd half at least. My first game in a few weeks.  Have we moved a few players on of late?

• 2 weeks later...

Certainly was an important win on Saturday and a good performance. The no 5 at the back, sorry I don't know his name, was especially impressive.

Hopefully the weather will be kind this week as I see us beating East Kilbride on Saturday to jump above them in the table.

17 minutes ago, Archman said:

Certainly was an important win on Saturday and a good performance. The no 5 at the back, sorry I don't know his name, was especially impressive.

Hopefully the weather will be kind this week as I see us beating East Kilbride on Saturday to jump above them in the table.

That's James Ross.  Hopefully we will, they were lucky to beat us at their own ground earlier in the season, we only had eleven players & no recognised goalie.

A hard-fought 2-2 draw on Saturday for a 9-man Whe Ho with possibly the worst refereeing display I've this season thus far. A card-happy wee arsehole who was unwilling to listen to reason, he even sent off our linesman after he stated the ball was out from a dozen yards away!!!!  Needless to say our chap took exception to this, words were said & off he went.

A hard-fought 2-2 draw on Saturday for a 9-man Whe Ho with possibly the worst refereeing display I've this season thus far. A card-happy wee arsehole who was unwilling to listen to reason, he even sent off our linesman after he stated the ball was out from a dozen yards away!!!!  Needless to say our chap took exception to this, words were said & off he went.
Theres plenty of refs out there who ignore there linesman even if they r real linos n no just committee men. Say 2 my ref m8 all the time the sooner they realise the game isnt about them the better. Who got sent off for yoker? Any idea when use r moving when thw work on the pitch starts?ive heard its starting in january

Mon the papers

16 hours ago, passbackdave said:

Theres plenty of refs out there who ignore there linesman even if they r real linos n no just committee men. Say 2 my ref m8 all the time the sooner they realise the game isnt about them the better. Who got sent off for yoker? Any idea when use r moving when thw work on the pitch starts?ive heard its starting in january

Mon the papers

Andy Campbell for being fouled & punched on the back of the head on the way down, first game back after a bad concussion at Cambuslang, called the ref an idiot.  Greg McBride for simulation (he slipped) 2nd yellow.  The work is allegedly starting in January but i'll believe when I see it, possibly sharing with the Ants although I'd prefer somewhere with a bit of cover instead.

Yep, the ref was laughable at the weekend.  Remembering back to the away game at East Kilbride earlier this season, we had a goal disallowed for a pass back the way from their goal line for a tap in! Must be something about EK.

Are we expecting tomorrow's game against Shotts to be rained off?