Yoker news today

babfc

I attended all three cup games plus the friendly against Johnstone Burgh. Not overly concerned about the results so far but the fact we've had four players sent off before the league season starts is a tad worrying.
Bit of an exaggeration there mate, first sending off this season!!!!
1st sending off this season 🤣

Mon the papers

Taxman, you are bang to rights sir. No hiding place when Passbackdave's on yer case.

Said Mr Passbackdave was the fourth member, I do believe, of that famous back four which included Kavanagh QC, Perry Mason and Horace Rumpole.

In Taxman's defence M'lud he is a Yoker stalwart and therefore is an eternally optimistic type of masochist. Further, reports indicate that, due to his affiliation with the said Yoker, his background could be described as "troubled".

The defence, such as it is, rests. A bit like Yoker's.

Hard fought 2-2 draw against Muirkirk in the Cup.  We were actually leading at half time but with only eleven players showing up & Andy Campbell in goal again, the guys began to wilt a wee bit & Muirkirk scored their equaliser.  We will have 5 or 6 players back for the replay so we will finish the tie off this weekend.

1 hour ago, Taxman said:

Hard fought 2-2 draw against Muirkirk in the Cup.  We were actually leading at half time but with only eleven players showing up & Andy Campbell in goal again, the guys began to wilt a wee bit & Muirkirk scored their equaliser.  We will have 5 or 6 players back for the replay so we will finish the tie off this weekend.

I think that's  two or three times already this season we've been down to the bare bones on a match day. It's worrying to have happened so often. What's it been, too small a squad or exceptional circumstances?

So definitely a decent result then to bring it back to Holm Park.

Muirkirk aren't pushovers and we'll need a full turn out of bodies to give the manager some options from the bench.

Well done to Muirkirk today. A hard team to beat with all giving a shift for each other. They deserved their win.

I don't  get to as many Yoker games as I would wish. Today was my last for the foreseeable future. One of the reasons is this is not the team which truly represents the club I came to see as a boy and which could occasionally punch above its weight in the cups while keeping a respectable league position.

The last two seasons have seen Yoker fall off a cliff with no parachute. I fear it will only get worse.

This current Yoker outfit is a team which would struggle in the lowest amateur division.

They could not make  the most simple pass whereas Muirkirk continually passed through us. 

More worryingly this seems to be a club going nowhere with a  Comittee whose aim is survival , certainly not to progress and a non appearing Chairman. Just where is Stevie Frew?  He seems to have disappeared. He can't be "working " all the time surely.

I feel sorry for the new management team because they have taken on a task which I think is beyond them going by their recruitment, tactics and inability to grasp that if you don't lose goals you don't lose games. 

I have five or six amateur teams local to me which if put in Yoker strips would out perform the current incumbents. I'll be watching them in preference to Yoker because I think I will see greater commitment to improve than Yoker are showing at present.

Edited by babfc

11 hours ago, babfc said:

Well done to Muirkirk today. A hard team to beat with all giving a shift for each other. They deserved their win.

I don't  get to as many Yoker games as I would wish. Today was my last for the foreseeable future. One of the reasons is this is not the team which truly represents the club I came to see as a boy and which could occasionally punch above its weight in the cups while keeping a respectable league position.

The last two seasons have seen Yoker fall off a cliff with no parachute. I fear it will only get worse.

This current Yoker outfit is a team which would struggle in the lowest amateur division.

They could not make  the most simple pass whereas Muirkirk continually passed through us. 

More worryingly this seems to be a club going nowhere with a  Comittee whose aim is survival , certainly not to progress and a non appearing Chairman. Just where is Stevie Frew?  He seems to have disappeared. He can't be "working " all the time surely.

I feel sorry for the new management team because they have taken on a task which I think is beyond them going by their recruitment, tactics and inability to grasp that if you don't lose goals you don't lose games. 

I have five or six amateur teams local to me which if put in Yoker strips would out perform the current incumbents. I'll be watching them in preference to Yoker because I think I will see greater commitment to improve than Yoker are showing at present.

Stevie Frew retired from the club at the end of last season but still continues to sponsor indeed providing a set of new strips that you saw yesterday. In terms of the committee perhaps, it's time they stepped aside and let someone else take the club forward. Unfortunately, I doubt there will be a queue of applicants for those particular posts.

Babfc,why dont you present yourself to the yoker committee all 1 of them and offer you're help other than come on here and hammer people when you have no idea what it takes to run this club,all you seem to do is hide behind your name on here rather than step up and say i can help as it seems clear you have all the fucking answers,are you a fan or are you a disgruntled ex player/coach i for one would love to know,last season there was 2 guys that ran the club a committee memeber and the football manager and you done nothing but champion to get him out and whats happened since then,the guys who took over haven't got money to recruit and they are not from the local area so what chance is there of them getting in decent local talent,live in the real world too many good players have left sure 2/3 have stuck around for different reasons but you must know how things were going to be,i suggest you go and watch you're top drawer local amateur teams as you may aswell stay away from holm park.

Sad to see Yoker toiling a bit just now and hopefully they can bounce back but rather than walk away from them, why not seek to find out what you could maybe do to help. From some of the folk I speak to the Bankies, it’s a full time job trying to keep these clubs going....and for little reward more often than not.

If all these Ammie teams in the local area are so bloody good, why isn't @babfc recruiting them for Yoker?

Always saddens me when complete puddledrinkers come on and slag off their own team and admit they are deserting them owing to a bad patch on the field. Absolute bawbaggery of the highest order.

well put lads,for the last 2 seasons all he has done is bitch about the good people who actually try to keep this club going,its people like him who are not needed or wanted around the place anyway,we can all do without his negative vibes,best of luck standing at the side of a public park watching guys come of to have a fag or a swig out a bucky bottle thats if you even bother to go to a game.

8 hours ago, drs said:

If all these Ammie teams in the local area are so bloody good, why isn't @babfc recruiting them for Yoker?

Always saddens me when complete puddledrinkers come on and slag off their own team and admit they are deserting them owing to a bad patch on the field. Absolute bawbaggery of the highest order.

I didn't say they were "so  bloody good", just better than Yoker.

As for slagging my own team, of course you won't  ever have done that.

I don't think I said I was deserting and for your information if you want to see a puddle drinker and a bawbag at the same time look in the mirror.

7 hours ago, Triple h said:

well put lads,for the last 2 seasons all he has done is bitch about the good people who actually try to keep this club going,its people like him who are not needed or wanted around the place anyway,we can all do without his negative vibes,best of luck standing at the side of a public park watching guys come of to have a fag or a swig out a bucky bottle thats if you even bother to go to a game.

Headline news! SOMEBODY AGREES WITH AN EEJIT!!

One of the "good people" you refer to was an embarrassment to Yoker and he is definitely not missed. As for your comments re amateurs, some setups would put bigger clubs than Yoker to shame or maybe that's just your experience of being an immature. Oops that last word might have come out wrong. Nope that's right.

Ps does triple h stand for HEIL, HEIL, HEIL?

Edited by babfc
Addition

Hard to imagine that anyone is giving Campbell a hard time here. I know first hand how much time and effort goes into running a club ... try doing it virtually ( if not actually  ) on your own... in the middle of the run the team are on ... consistently having to pay expenses out of your own pocket... and dealing with the transition to the new set-up. Yoker are lucky to have him and you have to fear for their future if he gives up the ghost. I'd not be giving him any kind of stick - I'd be grateful for what he's doing 

Edited by BANKIEBILL

7 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

Hard to imagine that anyone is giving Campbell a hard time here. I know first hand how much time and effort goes into running a club ... try doing it virtually ( if not actually  ) on your own... in the middle of the run the team are on ... consistently having to pay expenses out of your own pocket... and dealing with the transition to the new set-up. Yoker are lucky to have him and you have to fear for their future if he gives up the ghost. I'd not be giving him any kind of stick - I'd be grateful for what he's doing 

Campbell Bissland is getting no stick from me. When I first posted on this I was under the impression that  Yoker had a committee of three, at least. So to find out that Campbell is running the club on his own came as a surprise, if this is true.

If this is the case then he should not be looking for assistance from punters on here that's for sure but surely from better qualified people than that.

To return to Stevie Frew, the whole idea of Yoker news today was for the supporters to communicate with each other and indirectly with the club. I find it disappointing that I had to find out that Stevie had retired not by an announcement from the club at the time but in a post four months after the event. That is a criticism which I think is fair.