Yoker news today

babfc

Good luck to the team tomorrow in Yoker's first League game of the new season and of course to the real Club men, the gallant few supporters who travel wherever we go.

We have to be better than Wednesday if only in keeping eleven on the park to give us a chance. A hard place to go first up.

3 hours ago, BANKIEBILL said:

best of luck

1 hour ago, holmparkheroes said:

Good luck for the season ahead 

Cheers guys . Hope you have a good season and that you don't miss Holm Park too much.

Great result yesterday for Yoker. I genuinely feared the worst after our midweek doing.

I wasn't at the game but the team lines I saw on Twitter had a few names I don't recognise so looks like we have brought in a few new faces to freshen up the squad.

Its only the beginning of a long season but let's hope we can build on this result in the coming weeks.

Well done to all involved.

The game wasn't as close as the score line suggests, Wishaw scored their third in the 97th minute, the Whe Ho were always in control of this game.

Next up is Glasgow Perthshire on Wednesday at Holm Park, KO 7.00pm

A disappointing home defeat to Glasgow Perthshire last night (1-2). We were never really in the game apart from the opening period of the second half. GP scored a fluke late on in the second half & we never seemed to recover from it. A Kyle Callaghan free kick shaved the post in the last couple of minutes but was as near as we came to getting an equaliser. A poor performance compared to how we played on Saturday but I'm sure the boys will pick themselves up for Saturday's away game at Port Glasgow, home of "Scotland's Finest", El D Tonic Wine.

I'm beginning to wonder if our win at Wishaw wasn't actually a typo as the results since have been extremely disapointing.

I know it's early but we need to be picking up points not squandering them. I noticed a lot of new faces in the team against the Shire and with a new management team it can take time to settle but we need points not excuses in the next few games.

15 hours ago, babfc said:

I'm beginning to wonder if our win at Wishaw wasn't actually a typo as the results since have been extremely disapointing.

I know it's early but we need to be picking up points not squandering them. I noticed a lot of new faces in the team against the Shire and with a new management team it can take time to settle but we need points not excuses in the next few games.

The new management team inherited a team that lost several players from last season but have done well to bring in new faces. The issue on Saturday  was Yoker had 10 players missing from the squad due to injuries and holidays, not an excuse just a fact.

1 hour ago, WheHo said:

The new management team inherited a team that lost several players from last season but have done well to bring in new faces. The issue on Saturday  was Yoker had 10 players missing from the squad due to injuries and holidays, not an excuse just a fact.

Any team would struggle with that kind of numbers missing.

Hope the new guys can turn it round and get Yoker back on the up again. What was their background prior to joing up at Holm Park?

9 hours ago, WheHo said:

That's news to me and puts a different slant on things. These situations are frustrating for supporters but it must be brutal trying to manage a team with these constraints.

I'll hope for better results once the holiday season is over.  

We were seriously understrength on Saturday, we only had one sub. All things considered it wasn't a bad performance & we only lost the second goal with a couple of minutes to go. We are needing a centre half, a centre forward & an attacking midfielder.

4 hours ago, Taxman said:

We were seriously understrength on Saturday, we only had one sub. All things considered it wasn't a bad performance & we only lost the second goal with a couple of minutes to go. We are needing a centre half, a centre forward & an attacking midfielder.

Any suggestions ?

James Ross who played with us previously at CH has started training with us as has Greg "Tiny" Maitland. Kerr Allan should be back from injury this weekend (hopefully) & Steven Howie should be back from his holiday by now.

At home to Maybole on Saturday 2pm KO.

10 hours ago, Taxman said:

James Ross who played with us previously at CH has started training with us as has Greg "Tiny" Maitland. Kerr Allan should be back from injury this weekend (hopefully) & Steven Howie should be back from his holiday by now.

At home to Maybole on Saturday 2pm KO.

I thought James Ross was quietly effective for us until I think a fall out or something led to him leaving. In my humble opinion a partnership of him and Kerr Allan could have potential. My only issue would be that neither are the really dominant type I think we need but if it's possible let's give it a go.

I thought Tiny was off to join Albion Rovers but if not he too would be welcomed back I'm sure.

Not sure when we're going to catch a break this year. That was a sore one on Saturday. Should have been 2 or 3 up at halftime instead of a goal down following a sclaff at a corner.

Good to see Tiny back and playing in the middle rather than wide as was the case previously. Hope he's with us for the season.

Still too generous at the back and missing Hynes' goals badly.