Yoker news today

babfc

On 21 June 2018 at 09:42, Taxman said:

Graham George resigned as manager at the weekend. I was told on Monday morning but was asked to hold off until today, the reason being there was a meeting at Holm Park last night so the players could meet the new management team which was swiftly put in place after Graham's resignation.

The new manager is Maurice (Mo) George (no relation) & his assistant is Brian Mulholland, who played for us at the beginning of last season.  Both Mo & Brian have played at the top level in the Seniors & Juniors & will be bringing a more professional outlook to the Whe Ho next season.

A positive reaction from all present (including myself)

Surprised and pleased sums up my feelings on this development. Also well done to the Commitee for acting quickly after the resignation. I wasn't really looking forward to next season but now I am. Surely we can only improve?

• 2 weeks later...

Who are Yoker groundsharing with this year?

I see from the Clydebank tweet on the website that they are at Maryhill while pitch work is going on.

Someone said to me at the last game of the season that we are at the Vale. 

I s that Vale of Leven or Clyde and is the whole ground being redeveloped not just a new pitch?

Cheers

On ‎07‎/‎07‎/‎2018 at 08:59, Archman said:

Who are Yoker groundsharing with this year?

I see from the Clydebank tweet on the website that they are at Maryhill while pitch work is going on.

Someone said to me at the last game of the season that we are at the Vale. 

I s that Vale of Leven or Clyde and is the whole ground being redeveloped not just a new pitch?

Cheers

Yoker will continue to play at Holm Park for the foreseeable future as no date has been agreed for any redevelopment work to start.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not best placed to comment since I've not been to the games but a 3-1 win followed by a 4-0 loss is a bit up and down to say the least. But then Yoker did put the Yo in Yoyo. 

These games can  be treated as warm ups for the League season but as there has been no news other than " a few trialists" involved in pre season training its difficult to see what direction we are heading.

I had to get the result from last night from the Vale of Clyde thread so it's definitely all gone quiet, too quiet. According to a Tin Pail poster Yoker are in for a "long season" going by our performance last night so that was cheery to see too.

The news on the proposed redevelopment was however welcome.

Due to work and holidays I'll  be missing a fair few games in the next few weeks so some news from the Club would be appreciated like signings, if any, and lineups etc.

Edited by babfc

On 23/11/2017 at 19:39, babfc said:

Firstly,I wasn't being serious about joining the Juvenile ranks ,I was referring more to presumed difference in standard which could be a false impression on my part.

Secondly, are you implying that if Graeme George leaves so will "his"players?

Thirdly, he might be able to get players to the club but he can't get them to play. Or was he hindered by Mr Reilly? Will we see the shackles come off in the next game where we will play great football ,create and take loads of chances and be able to defend competently? Or maybe not.

Fourthly, you say he used his Juvenile contacts to get players to the Club but which of the fifteen came from Juvenile?

Careful what you wish for,how many have already left and how many are likely to remain

9 hours ago, babfc said:

I'm not best placed to comment since I've not been to the games but a 3-1 win followed by a 4-0 loss is a bit up and down to say the least. But then Yoker did put the Yo in Yoyo. 

These games can  be treated as warm ups for the League season but as there has been no news other than " a few trialists" involved in pre season training its difficult to see what direction we are heading.

I had to get the result from last night from the Vale of Clyde thread so it's definitely all gone quiet, too quiet. According to a Tin Pail poster Yoker are in for a "long season" going by our performance last night so that was cheery to see too.

The news on the proposed redevelopment was however welcome.

Due to work and holidays I'll  be missing a fair few games in the next few weeks so some news from the Club would be appreciated like signings, if any, and lineups etc.

Perhaps Yoyo v VoL was the first string, and against VoC was the second string. :-) 

6 hours ago, holmparkheroes said:

Perhaps Yoyo v VoL was the first string, and against VoC was the second string. :-) 

You're probably correct. Saving the best for the derby tonight. I hope! Anyway we'll have a better picture of what we've got after this game.

That's one I'm not sorry to have missed! By the accounts I've heard a soft pen then a goalkeeping howler made it game over early on. Sending off of the Yoker Assistant Manager, playing as a defender, might have influenced the final score but who knows. 

Clydebank may have the bragging rights over us for now but we can live with that. Clydebank fans enjoy the season ahead. This might be your high point!

16 minutes ago, babfc said:

That's one I'm not sorry to have missed! By the accounts I've heard a soft pen then a goalkeeping howler made it game over early on. Sending off of the Yoker Assistant Manager, playing as a defender, might have influenced the final score but who knows. 

Clydebank may have the bragging rights over us for now but we can live with that. Clydebank fans enjoy the season ahead. This might be your high point!

Penalty, he only used 2 arms to pull back Higgins. Stonewaller. Liam was a bit unlucky in as much it wasn’t the best punch out, but landed at Nicky Little who had the vision to control the ball and lob it into the net. Whe Ho were a shadow of the sides of old who would do everything in their power to prevent Bankies winning. Management seemed to accept defeat a wee bit too easily. Might be our high point babfc, mibbees no .

I think u should miss the whole season cos use aint having a good 1. Expected more off use seem as its ur annual cup final. Penalty stonewaller liam made a c##t of it with the punch but lovely finish fae nicky then ur player sent off for 1st yellow was the pen then took our man out when he was in on goal. It was 6 going on 10. Liam made a couple of good saves as he usually does.

Mon the papers

I attended all three cup games plus the friendly against Johnstone Burgh. Not overly concerned about the results so far but the fact we've had four players sent off before the league season starts is a tad worrying.

12 hours ago, Taxman said:

I attended all three cup games plus the friendly against Johnstone Burgh. Not overly concerned about the results so far but the fact we've had four players sent off before the league season starts is a tad worrying.

I don't know how the disciplinary system works regarding automatic suspensions carrying from cups to league but we will lose the culprits at some point. If we have a threadbare squad discipline has to be tight. 

Were any straight reds? I'd think they would attract longer bans. 

I'm away to look it up on the SJFA website.

You say you're not  concerned with results but sending offs impact on results and how you want to play and can put any game plan out the window.

I just don't know anything about the new Manager, like is he a disciplinarian or does he even know where Disciplinaria is?

Maybe I was wrong about Graeme George?!.......................Nope!!

Edited by babfc

It looks like players red carded have 5 days to appeal failing which the penalties apply from the  game immediately after the appeal period expires. The list of offences and penalties are on the Sjfa website. They do like a  fine this governing body. A nice little earner considering the average Junior player's limited ability to haud their wheesht or control their temper.