Yoker news today

babfc

Next week's fixtures:

21/05/18 - Thorniewood (h) 7.30 KO

23/05/18  - Shotts BA (h) 7.30 KO

No indication of when the Wishaw game will be played, nothing on the SJFC website, well done Fixture Man.

• 3 weeks later...

According the SJFA website Wishaw are in action on Sat. 2nd June at Greenock, Mon. 4th at Port Glasgow and Wed. 6th at home to Thorniewood but no mention of when they will play Yoker. Surely it's got to be the next Saturday the 9th? Or would that be too simple. At this rate it's going to clash with the start of the World Cup. You couldn't make a more inept body than the the SJFA up! When you consider that Wishaw have had free Wednesday's and Saturdays not so long ago it seems mad that they will still be catching up going into the second week in June. They must be scunnered with it all not to mention knackered.

3 hours ago, Wishaw Secretary said:

We had a free Saturday on Saturday 19 August 2017 but we didn't complain.

Haha. Well said that man!  I'm just saying the SJFA fixtures guy as usual is apparently not able or willing to make use of the dates available to him. What has happened with Wishaw's fixtures this season is poor even by the governing body's low standards. Going by their performances against Yoker and their other results they would have been one of the favourites for promotion but I think that may now have gone. I know the real enemy has been the weather but the fixtures guy's ineptitude hasn't helped. I am sure that Wishaw have had free dates but maybe they asked for time to allow players to recover during a horrendous fixtures pile up.

However as a Yoker supporter my concern is getting to see my team complete their fixtures and finish as high in the League as we can. I hope it's clear who my complaint is against. 

Good to see the various Yoker Players awards tonight on Twitter. I can't disagree with any of them and especially well done to Jamie Carson and Gary Bissland for clocking up 10 years of service to the Club. They must be due for parole by now surely?!

All credit to the guys for picking up the points for safety in the the latter part of the season. It didn't look likely for a long time. Hopefully we can finish on a high against Wishaw and go again next season with a hard learning experience about this division this year to help us in the new challenge. 

I think the current situation sums up the SJFA this season.

Yoker's website is showing a home game against Wishaw on Mon 4th Jun at 7.30 while the SJFA site shows Wishaw away to Port Glasgow on the same date and time.

Will they play us on the way to Port Glasgow or, my preferred option, on the way back?!

1 hour ago, babfc said:

I think the current situation sums up the SJFA this season.

Yoker's website is showing a home game against Wishaw on Mon 4th Jun at 7.30 while the SJFA site shows Wishaw away to Port Glasgow on the same date and time.

Will they play us on the way to Port Glasgow or, my preferred option, on the way back?!

Ah sorry forgot to update the website,now updated.

We were told by the West Region Secretary that our match would be on the 4th, in fact it was up on the SJFA website for a short time but then updated. We now expect the last game to be on Saturday the 9th but nothing on SJFA site yet to confirm.

We were told by the West Region Secretary that our match would be on the 4th, in fact it was up on the SJFA website for a short time but then updated. We now expect the last game to be on Saturday the 9th but nothing on SJFA site yet to confirm.

Could just stick it back to the 16th and treat it as a pre season friendly?

1 hour ago, WheHo said:

Noted.  The only League fixture on the SJFA site as of now for the 9th is Thorniewood v. Shotts. Hopefully common sense will prevail and our game will be added.

On ‎01‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 23:45, babfc said:

Good to see the various Yoker Players awards tonight on Twitter. I can't disagree with any of them and especially well done to Jamie Carson and Gary Bissland for clocking up 10 years of service to the Club. They must be due for parole by now surely?!

All credit to the guys for picking up the points for safety in the the latter part of the season. It didn't look likely for a long time. Hopefully we can finish on a high against Wishaw and go again next season with a hard learning experience about this division this year to help us in the new challenge. 

A great night out was had in Partick afterwards, Bag O' Nails & the Quarter Gill.

On 4 June 2018 at 15:08, Taxman said:

A great night out was had in Partick afterwards, Bag O' Nails & the Quarter Gill.

Glad a good night was had by all. Except I think a drink fuelled decision might have been taken that night to retain the services of the Toxic Brothers for next season per the Clydebank Post today. Only drink could have resulted in that.

Maitland and Hynes on their way tells me the  way the wind is shifting.

A step too far for me. I will be considering  my position for next season.

Not a happy end to this awful interim.

11 hours ago, babfc said:

Glad a good night was had by all. Except I think a drink fuelled decision might have been taken that night to retain the services of the Toxic Brothers for next season per the Clydebank Post today. Only drink could have resulted in that.

Maitland and Hynes on their way tells me the  way the wind is shifting.

A step too far for me. I will be considering  my position for next season.

Not a happy end to this awful interim.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, the best way to deal with a decision you don't like is to become the decision maker...Positions Open Now

• 2 weeks later...

Graham George resigned as manager at the weekend. I was told on Monday morning but was asked to hold off until today, the reason being there was a meeting at Holm Park last night so the players could meet the new management team which was swiftly put in place after Graham's resignation.

The new manager is Maurice (Mo) George (no relation) & his assistant is Brian Mulholland, who played for us at the beginning of last season.  Both Mo & Brian have played at the top level in the Seniors & Juniors & will be bringing a more professional outlook to the Whe Ho next season.

A positive reaction from all present (including myself)