Yoker news today

babfc

A poor second half showing yesterday by Yoker following a promising first half left  us pointless against a Bens team who are resolute in defence , solid in midfield and can take a chance.

Yoker in the second half did not exhibit the first or the second of these qualities and as for chances, we didn't make one until the goalie came up in the last ditch effort to steal a point.

The Bens are at the top end of the table so it is ambitious to expect to have beaten them given our awful league form but we are going to have to start picking up points sometime very soon.

The stark reality is Yoker are currently fourth bottom having played two games more than the team immediately below us.

The League position we are now in made me recall a statement by Taxman about there being no relegation this season. I checked the SJFA site and found a statement by Whitletts Vics, the proposers of the new order. I may be reading it incorrectly but it looks to me  like there is relegation from our present Division this season. The bottom three will play in the new Second Division ie, the bottom division. As usual if I am wrong  I will accept correction. I do wish in this instance that I am wrong because it looks to me like that bottom division is where the club is being  being taken.

58 minutes ago, babfc said:

A poor second half showing yesterday by Yoker following a promising first half left  us pointless against a Bens team who are resolute in defence , solid in midfield and can take a chance.

Yoker in the second half did not exhibit the first or the second of these qualities and as for chances, we didn't make one until the goalie came up in the last ditch effort to steal a point.

The Bens are at the top end of the table so it is ambitious to expect to have beaten them given our awful league form but we are going to have to start picking up points sometime very soon.

The stark reality is Yoker are currently fourth bottom having played two games more than the team immediately below us.

The League position we are now in made me recall a statement by Taxman about there being no relegation this season. I checked the SJFA site and found a statement by Whitletts Vics, the proposers of the new order. I may be reading it incorrectly but it looks to me  like there is relegation from our present Division this season. The bottom three will play in the new Second Division ie, the bottom division. As usual if I am wrong  I will accept correction. I do wish in this instance that I am wrong because it looks to me like that bottom division is where the club is being  being taken.

Pretty sure its 3 up and 3 down as normal. Will be a scrap at the bottom - still early in the season and lots of teams could still go down. Gow and Thorniewood most likely but anyone else outside top 6 could be drawn in.

Its bottom 3 into new level 4, top 3 into new level 2, 4th place into a play off v Super First Team (one of the bottom 2, not sure which at the moment) and the remaining 8 (plus loser of said playoff) will be in the new level 3 alongside top 3 from this seasons Central 2, teams that finish 5,6 and 7 in Ayrshire and play off losers.

As for yesterday - entertaining first half, Bens not hitting the target with a couple of free headers in the box early on Yoker making the travelling keeper make a couple of good saves to keep the game level before the oranges.

And then the second half started and it was terrible - both teams looked to have been doped at half time such was the general apathy in the performances. The referee tried to liven things up by sending off 3 people, but even now I'm not sure what any of them were actually for, and failed miserably. Cracking goal for the Bens to win it - good interaction down the right and then a shot across the keeper into the far corner, far better than the game deserved.

DSC06670.JPG

DSC06687.JPG

DSC06680.JPG

2 players and you can see the third person in the last photo, behind the wall.

• 3 weeks later...

The Whe-Ho have tonight completed the signing of Michael Bailey from Queens Park.  The club have also signed striker Gary Hynes on loan from Petershill. Gary scored the 3rd and Yoker's final goal v Lesmahagow after coming off the bench for his debut on Saturday. 

Edited by YAFC

3 minutes ago, Taxman said:

It's a bonus but I'd rather have league points right now.

Correct. Cup is a distraction. Saturday's performance was an improvement and it needs to continue this weekend. It might be helped by the addition of two new faces. Well one new and one weel kent in Michael Bailey. Hopefully we can kick on from now.

10 minutes ago, babfc said:

Correct. Cup is a distraction. Saturday's performance was an improvement and it needs to continue this weekend. It might be helped by the addition of two new faces. Well one new and one weel kent in Michael Bailey. Hopefully we can kick on from now.

The other new face is Hynsie's brother.

1 minute ago, Glenconner said:

A side effect of success none of the Central League teams would want in the cup would be replays.

1 minute ago, Glenconner said:

A side effect of success none of the Central League teams would want in the cup would be replays.

Agreed, we have enough games to catch up with once the clocks go forward.