Yoker news today

babfc

On ‎28‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 17:00, babfc said:

Clydebank Post reporting today that Taxman was correct about Mark McManus moving on. I hope he gets his wish and can keep playing. He's certainly been a stalwart and his dulcet tones will be missed.

The Manager is hoping this week to persuade Liam Campbell, Gary Arbuckle, Greg Maitland, David Crerand and James Ross to stay on. I hope he succeeds.

He is also hoping for another four or five additions to go with a 19 or 20 strong squad.

No word whether John Harvey is going to give it another shot next season so far.

That'll be down to his wife then? lol

• 2 weeks later...

Yoker Ath have signed striker Stevie Young from Clydebank and midfielder / forward Greg Cree (formerly of Clydebank) from St Joes Ams.

Davie Crerand has agreed a deal with Kilbirnie and departs Holm Park after 4 seasons with the Whe-Ho.

Edited by YAFC

On ‎21‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 17:50, babfc said:

I totally agree about the refereeing standards. The assistant referees are also far too easily upset by sometimes innocuous comments from the coaching staff.

But our guys didn't seem to learn from it and were constantly being done for their antics.

It's a Junior issue but the message has to be keep a lid on it in my opinion.

We may be helped next season by having no assistants on the line in our division!

And I'll be the assistant referee when you play Rossvale; and I'llll have you know I'm marvellous on that touchline, you cheeky wee toerag :thumbsdown

Young is a beach baw, honkin player

That's a bit harsh. Scored some important goals for us but carries 2 much weight. He done pre season with us 2 get the weight down n get a deal aff Kieran but obviously didnt work out.he stuck about last season when he wasn't playing n made an impact when he did get on v Girvan by setting up darroch so good luck 2 him.

Mon the papers

Good to see a couple of arrivals. Looks like Stevie Young is already dividing opinion. If he can stick the ball in the net I don't care what shape he is! Seriously if he can strike up a partnership with Hynes then the goals should come. I hope that's the plan anyway. None of the lone striker stuff.

I'm sorry to see Davie Crerand is away to Kilbirnie but good luck to him. I think he had an offer from another Ayrshire team last close season but opted to stay with Yoker. I hope he does well.

The Clydebank Post have confirmed that John Harvey is hanging up his boots. He will be missed at the back and also for the many goals he contributed over the years. I had hoped he might give it one last season to help us get promoted.

Just seen that Kilbirnie have signed Kurtis Roberts too.

Edited by babfc

Not seen anything but the cynic in me says the ones who haven't already committed will be off. I hope to be wrong. Maybe they're on their holidays! 

Arbuckle was a great partner to Mikey Rodgers a few years back and they scored loads between them. I remember a game at Renfrew when they were a good outfit and we came from one down to win. Those two were brilliant that day. Since then Arbuckle has been a bit part player due to work and lacking a bit of sharpness which is understandable. We haven't had a partnership like that since then.

It will all unfold in it's own good time.

Not seen anything but the cynic in me says the ones who haven't already committed will be off. I hope to be wrong. Maybe they're on their holidays! 
Arbuckle was a great partner to Mikey Rodgers a few years back and they scored loads between them. I remember a game at Renfrew when they were a good outfit and we came from one down to win. Those two were brilliant that day. Since then Arbuckle has been a bit part player due to work and lacking a bit of sharpness which is understandable. We haven't had a partnership like that since then.
It will all unfold in it's own good time.

Watched Arbuckle and Mullarky tear Rob Roy apart a couple of seasons ago at Guy's Meadow. Yoker needed a win. They were tremendous. Unfortunately not consistent enough

44 minutes ago, Ryso Mac said:

I'm sure arbuckle will find a club in maybe the central leagues perhaps division 2 

Gary Arbuckle has been an outstanding player for Yoker over the years. He showed loyalty to the club even though he had multiple offers to go to bigger teams, unfortunately that type of loyalty is seldom seen in todays game. Mark McManus is another player with the same character and has also been magnificent for Yoker, he moved this year as he still wants to play football and why not. It's not that long ago we had Billy McLafferty playing at Holm Park still annoying referees at 41 years of age. To be fair we have had a number of players at Yoker Jamie Carson, Gary Bissland and John Harvey to name a few who have stuck with it through thick and thin, hopefully we can keep them for on more year. (Taxman can you have a word with Harvey's missus)

Edited by WheHo