Europa League 2017/18

lichtie23

10 hours ago, Jmothecat2 said:

Marseilles seal it with a last minute goal when the keeper went up for Leipzig. Goal was offside, think the linesman forgot the Keeper wasn't there so thought one player being there was enough. Probably didn't matter by that point though. Fantastic game.

Aside from it being offside, I really enjoyed that goal. Too many teams just lash at the ball and waste that kind of opportunity, but Marseille worked it well and took the shot at the right moment.

• Replies 978
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lazio well and truly shat that second half. Probably the first time under Inzaghi where they have literally look lost for a large portion of the game. The fixture with Roma on Sunday now is even bigger, they must get Champions League this season. 

Hoping for an Arsenal go out in the Semi's as flight costs for the final seem to be going up and up at the moment. 

On 3/29/2018 at 10:33, LondonHMFC said:

In Lyon, flights from London are extortionate, so will most likely fly to Geneva and get a train across.  

Have you looked at eurostar direct to lyon? I did this on the way back from the euros having flown out there. Was pretty good.

Why do foreign teams not really give a f**k about what time their games kick off? Just read that CSKA Moscow's game kicked off at 22:05 local time against Arsenal. As a night owl, I wouldn't be opposed to this. Especially considering I work shifts!
I doubt the kick off time has anything to do with them.

Worst thing about that was with 10 players in the penalty area, including their keeper, Leipzig fail to get the corner into the box. 

Yeah I've no idea what they were thinking. Keeper is up, need to score to qualify, this is most likely the last chance to get the ball in the box, and they take a short corner and don't even get a cross in from it.

• 2 weeks later...

Ref in Arsenal game is called Clement Turpin. English tabloids will be punned out their nuts if any dodgy decisions go against Arsenal. 

Good to see Simeone modelling his hairstyle on Kid n Play. 

Archived