The new pitch is looking ok but looks like it needs a bit work before the season starts. New changingrooms have started but god knows when they will be ready.
As for the squad, ive heard there are a few new faces being brought in. Hopefully the season ahead is better than last season.

• 3 weeks later...

Ormiston have stated (on their facebook page, in a reply to a Q) that they will play at Hibs' Training Centre whilst their own new pavilion building work isn't yet finished. No idea how long that will take. They're home on the opening day of the season, Saturday 29th July.

It's a caged floodlit 3G with adequate hard standing area with spectator rail, surrounded by open grass pitches.

They've used it previously, as a one-off venue when their own park was unplayable - I saw an Ormiston match there on Saturday 23rd January 2016.

46 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

More likely to be the railed grass pitch adjacent to the pavilion used by Hibernian EOS, no?

Ormiston (very promptly) replied that indeed they'll be getting use of a grass pitch at HTC.

There used to be vending machines at HTC but last time I was down they were gone- they were usually out of order anyway (presumably due to Rod Petrie trying foreign coins in them..!)

Take your own food... unless Ormi decide to make a bob or two and have flasks of coffee and crisps for sale.

• 2 weeks later...

I remember reading somewhere that when Hibs EOS withdrew from the EOSFL it was said that because of the new ground criteria brought in by the EOS, Hibs would not be able to return to the EOSFL to play on that grass pitch without first having to do the work required to meet the new criteria. I'm not 100% sure now what that new criteria was but think new clubs joining EOSFL have to have an enclosed pitch plus a spectator rail. At that time Hibs had a rope and no fence. Clubs who were already in the EOSFL at that time of the new criteria like Kelso and Peebles were ok with just a rope because it only applied to new clubs. Obviously Ormiston are not a new club so it wouldn't apply to them anyway and maybe Hibs now have it enclosed and railed, I don't know.

When I was there for the Ormiston one-off on the HTC 3G, the only enclosed pitch and only with a spectator rail was that 3G. All the surrounding grass pitches were just open. Hence why I presumed Ormiston using HTC again now would surely mean on the 3G. But they've said grass, which surprised me too re ground criteria - I'm not expecting anything more than a rope.

Furthest-away grass pitch (Hibs probably wanting to keep the nearer ones for themselves). Just a rope. No money taken. My headcount was 39 spectators, at least 5 of whom neutral groundhoppers - me down from the NorthEast and 4 I know who came up from Englandshire.

Was down at the game and thought it was a decent game. Both teams played some good stuff. The scoreline wasn't a true reflection of the match. Still stumped as to what happened for the 1st goal which im sure 99% of people there are still scratching their heads.
Ormiston look to have a young squad which looks better than last seasons one, only time will tell though.

• 4 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Watched them against Easthouses first game of the season, poor, have since seen them against Heriot Watt, man sent off for dissent, stupidity of the highest order , against Preston, not brilliant but got a couple of goals and today they actually won after coming back from 2-0 down at half time. 1st half keeper injured the 2nd half keeper made a save from the Easthouses striker one on one, if it had gone 3-0 it would have been all over but this lifted the team who fought back to 2-2 then on the 90th minute got the winner. Hopefully this is the break the team needed, scratch that,the next league game is against Lithgow rose. It's always something to build on for the rest of the season.

• 3 weeks later...

Well there you go, a wee change to the system, a tweek in personnel and three points in the bag. Players from the goalie, defence midfield and up front put in a great shift, and as I said elsewhere it helps when you keep eleven players on the pitch. Big challenge next week at Sauchie but hey its been proved that miracles can happen, keep believing guys.

• 1 month later...

Congratulations to Ormiston. They battled hard and put in a real shift defensively.

A sickener for Saints. A goalkeeping error gifting the only goal. Equalising a minute later only to be denied by a controversial offside. And then spurning umpteen chances. Not good enough.

Archived