Sign in to follow this  
HibeeJibee

East Cup of (Football) Nations 2017-18

I too was impressed with NMP. 
A good game and 4-1 slightly flattered us.  Clinical finishing was the difference and there was a pivotal moment when LTHV sub (15) hit the post with a header after a good move with the score at 3-1 and LTHV on the front foot.
As Craig also mentioned another flippin' sub-zero day....wasn't sure whether to drink my bovril or just dip my hands into it.
I held onto my bovril until it wasn't hot enough to heat my hands up any more. Absolutely Baltic day!

Nope.

SF draw was Berwick Rangers v East Kilbride and Edinburgh City v LTHV... but ultimately Berwick and LTHV never had any free midweeks. Held-over.

Edinburgh City could happily have played, tbf, it would be LTHV who were up to the eyeballs.

City Cup arrangements have varied a lot over the years... at one time it was held-over as a matter of course (indeed if you think about it plenty competitions you qualify for the following season's edition: right the way down from CL & EL). There was also a spell when it got played as a 'mini-tournament' on Saturday-Sunday during pre-season. Recently it has usually been played in March/April, but sometimes held-over and played on September/October international dates.

Nonetheless, there can be no doubt that nowadays the EOS Qualifying Cup is a bigger deal in its own right; and a chance to play SPFL clubs in the EOS Cup a bonus rather than the key aspect.