Kilwinning Rangers 17/18

Scotlad

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, JackD1908 said:

Carlo did do a turn for Pollok, no doubt about it he kept us up twice. Though in his last spell he didn't play to the same level as he had previously consistently. A move was probably best for him and Pollok. Would I take him back? At the moment no. The balance of the team is a lot better and we have plenty of players in his position but never say never. 

I would like to see the Buffs win the league for Davie Winters, Frye and Carlo. They were all excellent for us. 

Jack is right-Carlo was very good for us but latterly seemed to lose interest,then there were arguments over money etc and at that point his time with us was up.He needed fresh pastures to reignite him and he has found that at Kilwinning.Would be happy for all the ex Lok guys there if they win the league

39 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Heard on Saturday that a Kilwinning player missed the game cause he was in Amsterdam, is that correct?

Bryan Boylan was in Amsterdam. He was badly missed.

Is that not why you join a club. Hoping to be in that position. As regards booking a holiday last year do you not want to be part of the team promotion or relegation wise at this stage of the season. Most people can take holidays when they want nowdays.

Is that not why you join a club. Hoping to be in that position. As regards booking a holiday last year do you not want to be part of the team promotion or relegation wise at this stage of the season. Most people can take holidays when they want nowdays.

Naw nobody wants to join a team to be in a relegation battle that’s just stupid. I’m sure he doesn’t get paid enough off Kilwinning to worry about when he can n can’t take holidays.

36 minutes ago, king Henrik7 said:

Naw nobody wants to join a team to be in a relegation battle that’s just stupid. I’m sure he doesn’t get paid enough off Kilwinning to worry about when he can n can’t take holidays.

It'll not be about money though.

Bryan has came through the league's with Buffs, he's probably had opportunities to move on for more money, but has stayed loyal to his home town club, improving as a player season on season.

Saturday's game was massive and our best striker wasn't there. It was an opportunity to take on the mighty Talbot, a point or more would have put Buffs in a strong position. Bryan would have worried that Talbot defence, he would have made a difference.

For the record, Bryan was also missing last year for the play offs. Cant stop players going on holiday, but when that player is missing season defining games, it's frustrating for the fans.

2 minutes ago, fan of the juniors said:

I hear Liam Mcguiness is moving on at the end of the season . Still no word on the bar by the way lol

If true, he'll go with Buffs fans best wishes. A very accomplished player, a joy to watch, always gives his all. Even had the goalies gloves on at Troon when Strain was injured a few weeks back.

It'll not be about money though.
Bryan has came through the league's with Buffs, he's probably had opportunities to move on for more money, but has stayed loyal to his home town club, improving as a player season on season.
Saturday's game was massive and our best striker wasn't there. It was an opportunity to take on the mighty Talbot, a point or more would have put Buffs in a strong position. Bryan would have worried that Talbot defence, he would have made a difference.
For the record, Bryan was also missing last year for the play offs. Cant stop players going on holiday, but when that player is missing season defining games, it's frustrating for the fans.

Absolutely I agree it’s frustrating for fans n I’m sure if he could have changed date of the game he would have. I’m just saying he’s entitled to go on holiday whenever he wants

12 minutes ago, king Henrik7 said:

Absolutely I agree it’s frustrating for fans n I’m sure if he could have changed date of the game he would have. I’m just saying he’s entitled to go on holiday whenever he wants

You are right, you can't stop players going on holidays, but as Ringford10 says, why bust a gut all season, as Bryan has, then miss what was the biggest game of the season? It's not as if big games don't happen in May.

You are right, you can't stop players going on holidays, but as Ringford10 says, why bust a gut all season, as Bryan has, then miss what was the biggest game of the season? It's not as if big games don't happen in May.

Could have been a surprise from his mrs or family or whatever. He can’t just turn it down because his teams got a big game. Or could have been booked for months

• 1 month later...

Archived