Kilwinning Rangers 17/18

Scotlad

Even Talbot released a statement backing Tommy Sloan a few months ago and look at what he's won. People need to remember this is only Strain's fourth year as a manager and three years ago Kilwinning were in the ADL (and didn't even finish first). People supporting the club can see the progress made on the pitch and the excellent work being done at the ground and are realistic about where the Buffs are. Nobody on the sidelines expected to win the league or the Scottish and one tongue in cheek comment by the chairman on Facebook shouldn't be taken too seriously.

When things get tough strain has no idea as n how to change things as I said earlier buffs need to learn to UGLY nice football is great to watch but when teams line up to be played ugly buffs go n hide end of .the next 2 games will be interesting against a struggling Arthurlie who be tough to break down then a good kilbirnie team let's just wait n see .

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What i saw on Saturday was lethargy and lack of motivation surely these are primarily laid at the managers door, even spread to Buffs best performer first half Pettigrew, this is also hard on Buffs financially, big hit for the purse out of two big cups, a LOT of lost revenue and a few free Saturdays beckon. As someone said earlier, midfield not performing, never saw one decent pass to danger man Nisbett,  bad when a whole team goes missing. 

Carry that performance into their league and they'll lose more than they win, hopefully not.

8 hours ago, djorkiev said:

What i saw on Saturday was lethargy and lack of motivation surely these are primarily laid at the managers door, even spread to Buffs best performer first half Pettigrew, this is also hard on Buffs financially, big hit for the purse out of two big cups, a LOT of lost revenue and a few free Saturdays beckon. As someone said earlier, midfield not performing, never saw one decent pass to danger man Nisbett,  bad when a whole team goes missing. 

Carry that performance into their league and they'll lose more than they win, hopefully not.

Only if it`s every week and you`re out the cups  and staring relegation in the face......which clearly they are not.    .there are going to be games where they lose regardless of how much "motivation" the players get from the Manager. As soon as they cross the white line then it sits squarely with the players to at least make sure they leave everything on the pitch. Far too easy to let players off the hook now. I`m sure the financial loss you mention won`t be as bad as you`re alluding to either. If they are as organised as they look (with the ground improvements etc) then I`m guessing that they will have budgeted for being out the cups  in the first round as anything else after that is pure guesswork.....

3 hours ago, GLESGABOY said:

Only if it`s every week and you`re out the cups  and staring relegation in the face......which clearly they are not.    .there are going to be games where they lose regardless of how much "motivation" the players get from the Manager. As soon as they cross the white line then it sits squarely with the players to at least make sure they leave everything on the pitch. Far too easy to let players off the hook now. I`m sure the financial loss you mention won`t be as bad as you`re alluding to either. If they are as organised as they look (with the ground improvements etc) then I`m guessing that they will have budgeted for being out the cups  in the first round as anything else after that is pure guesswork.....

Been watching them in the big cup home and away, when possible for a few seasons, quarters last couple of seasons, always create, and go for it, this current team set-up doesn't seem to have the bottle for it in the cups, although I was told on Saturday,  that they had  some chances in the west v Meadow but team selection was baffling.

I'm sure the treasurer at Buffs would disagree with your opinion re. losses, got to remember Kilwinning's hospitality at home draws, and bar takings, and share of gates home and away, nothing like a spring scottish / west cup tie, hopefully "fixture man" will work the oracle, to negate free weeks, will just half to take in Hurlford's or a trek to Beith / Kilbirnie.

9 hours ago, djorkiev said:

Been watching them in the big cup home and away, when possible for a few seasons, quarters last couple of seasons, always create, and go for it, this current team set-up doesn't seem to have the bottle for it in the cups, although I was told on Saturday,  that they had  some chances in the west v Meadow but team selection was baffling.

I'm sure the treasurer at Buffs would disagree with your opinion re. losses, got to remember Kilwinning's hospitality at home draws, and bar takings, and share of gates home and away, nothing like a spring scottish / west cup tie, hopefully "fixture man" will work the oracle, to negate free weeks, will just half to take in Hurlford's or a trek to Beith / Kilbirnie.

You alluded to the fact that the financial loss would hurt them. My point was that I suspect that they will have budgeted for being knocked out the cups at the first stage and therefore it would have no negative effect on their budget. I would suggest that the cup runs that you mentioned came at the expense of their league form and this year you are looking at a reverse of that situation. If they are to survive/thrive in the top division and look to build on their position then I would think that for this year at least that`s a decent trade off...

Have there been any recent updates from the club with regards to ground improvements? I see the new turnstile section is still unfinished but the club seem to have acquired the spare bit of ground behind this - is this where the new changing rooms will eventually go, and is there a timescale for this to be built?

3 hours ago, energyzone said:

Have there been any recent updates from the club with regards to ground improvements? I see the new turnstile section is still unfinished but the club seem to have acquired the spare bit of ground behind this - is this where the new changing rooms will eventually go, and is there a timescale for this to be built?

Hope I can clear a few bits up, the new changing rooms will be behind the dugouts, the yard can only be used for storage and as a car park, both the new entrance and changing rooms have been paused waiting on the completion of building warrants, planning applications are near finished, expecting both to be back moving after the winter

Hope I can clear a few bits up, the new changing rooms will be behind the dugouts, the yard can only be used for storage and as a car park, both the new entrance and changing rooms have been paused waiting on the completion of building warrants, planning applications are near finished, expecting both to be back moving after the winter

Another few things in the pipe line are:
Grass roots to Semi Pro Youth System (Underway)
Portable stands on the Garnock Banking (Late 2018)
Training Floodlights (Late 2018)
Improved pitch drainage (Close Season)
697C1821-9868-4525-A69B-928FB854725A.jpeg.28e28d3312aa6b5fdb1784e81f925ec5.jpeg

Great to hear. The current changing facilities are terrible for the level Buffs play at and the regeneration team should be commended for all they've done over the last 3 years.

20 hours ago, energyzone said:

Great to hear. The current changing facilities are terrible for the level Buffs play at and the regeneration team should be commended for all they've done over the last 3 years.

I think portable stands are the way forward for a lot of Junior teams.  Usually only the very old or very young like sitting down, so the amount of seats in the pic is surely enough.

1 hour ago, locheedfcno1 said:

That wee stand is cool. What’s the cost? Love one of them at lochee

Using bench seating rather than flip seats on a recycled 40ft container we are looking at about £4500 to produce them, we are also looking at standing ones, with an extended roof for extra rain protection 

You alluded to the fact that the financial loss would hurt them. My point was that I suspect that they will have budgeted for being knocked out the cups at the first stage and therefore it would have no negative effect on their budget. I would suggest that the cup runs that you mentioned came at the expense of their league form and this year you are looking at a reverse of that situation. If they are to survive/thrive in the top division and look to build on their position then I would think that for this year at least that`s a decent trade off...

I'm pretty sure the Buffs got promoted the season that they played Beith in the Scottish semi, so can hardly have affected their league form that season

On 11/29/2017 at 07:22, GLESGABOY said:

I get it it now I say black and you say white, League / Cup runs certainly never affected the glens last year with a small squad.  The jist of it is the mindset of present squad is totally different, Last year Buffs knocked Arthurlie out of both cups and then lost on both occasions in the league never rose to it, Cup is the holy grail for Juniors, don't buy this blessing, concentrate on the league garbage, this is a much easier league to stay in this year less pressure, if 11th and 12th can't beat 5th and 6th of league below ? 

Does the manager know his best 11 and formation, definitely work in progress, need a win tomorrow, hope for the sake of their fans they get it . I' ll be taking in  a cup tie at Blair park, frost permitting, looks a hard one to call.

Archived