Kilwinning Rangers 17/18

Scotlad

3 hours ago, ian mac said:

why don't buffs go the whole hog and rename themselves pennyburn rangers I am just back from dog Walking at pennyburn there must be at least, 40 tenny tiplers there right now once they get pissed vandalism is going to be a real issue. you just have to read P&b to see how much ground improvements have taken place last 2 yrs mostly by fans volunteering and donating it would be a real slap in the face to these fans the lifeblood of KRFC if they walked away. it seems the chairman has already made up his mind and it is a fait acopmpli got to say I had never seen him at buffs Park until the last couple of seasons can't see pennyburn being attractive to away supporters either as there is no amenities nearby ie pubs chippys or shops 

I’ve been on and off the committee for the last 8 years, I worked away and moved back to the town 3 years ago and was the only person to put their hand up when John Bennets committee stood down enmass, didn’t see your hand???

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When's people going to be told other clubs who shall remain nameless have refused to get changed in the dressing rooms even heading home straight after a game as the dressing rooms aren't up to sjfa rules .
I stand to be corrected but has the buffs park not been broken into at vandalised at a major cost in the past few years many a time .

10 minutes ago, kabjo said:

When's people going to be told other clubs who shall remain nameless have refused to get changed in the dressing rooms even heading home straight after a game as the dressing rooms aren't up to sjfa rules .
I stand to be corrected but has the buffs park not been broken into at vandalised at a major cost in the past few years many a time .

It was mentioned by 2 teams this season. The bar, containers and pie cabins have been broken into this year

Think we need 2 realise this committee has been left with no choice act on the facilities at the club coz of other previous committees neglecting what was needing done.As far as I can see it's either some 1 cums up with 70k plus or we have no choice, but 2 move 2 the better facilities at ksc and build on 2 them in time.

6 hours ago, buffy1899 said:

Think we need 2 realise this committee has been left with no choice act on the facilities at the club coz of other previous committees neglecting what was needing done.As far as I can see it's either some 1 cums up with 70k plus or we have no choice, but 2 move 2 the better facilities at ksc and build on 2 them in time.

You sound  like the Tory government, it isn’t us to blame!

1 hour ago, energyzone said:
3 hours ago, Seaside Sam said:

Who is then?

I have been going Buffs park for a number of years, From what I have seen over the last few years is continued improvement with the bar, and food hut! To be honest I agree about the changing rooms, they do need upgraded.

I think that the committee have to make their call however I feel to try and blame other hard working predecessors is not right.

Previous committees have had the same problems now a opertunity has arisen to solve a big problem this committee has reacted by putting the move to ksc in the public knowledge that a move is possible with a plan to move and information about said move if someone comes up with another idea I'm sure the committee will listen .

Lol far from it.just the few supporters who don't like change need 2 b realistic.the facilities have been neglected from the mcluckie era and this committee has been forced 2 do something bout it.id love some 1 with 70 -100k 2 walk in ,but it's unlikely.im sure most will be there no matter where we play .

1 hour ago, Seaside Sam said:

I have been going Buffs park for a number of years, From what I have seen over the last few years is continued improvement with the bar, and food hut! To be honest I agree about the changing rooms, they do need upgraded.

I think that the committee have to make their call however I feel to try and blame other hard working predecessors is not right.

As far as I know there’s never really been the capital to do that level of work, we aren’t blaming anyone, committees have been applying for funding and getting refused since IDC, Irvine Bay and recently NAC, it also isn’t the councils place to keep junior football grounds up to scratch, as we all the councils are skint as well, no help for Dalry, no help for Saltcoats. 

Abbey park obviously in a bad way but Pennyburn isn’t suitable for a top Junior team especially with potential pyramid changes. For comparison what’s the cost for upgrades there?

Being at pennyburn is about being part of a bigger picture that opens up roots to funding if in 10/20 years time buffs are higher up in a pyramid system then there is room for improvement or expansion if needed abbey park at the moment has room for nothing surrounded by houses and the garnock .

51 minutes ago, akc16 said:

Abbey park obviously in a bad way but Pennyburn isn’t suitable for a top Junior team especially with potential pyramid changes. For comparison what’s the cost for upgrades there?

For basic SFA license it needs a stand, some fencing off and not much more, it has enough unused building at the pitch side for catering, committee room and toilets and there’s an area for a match day bar

I know these things cost money but it would be good to see an artist's impression of what a potential stadium at KSC would look like, if it gets to the stage where a move might be imminent. It might help convince people who are unsure.

Just thinking ahead - it's conceivable that in 3-5 years the club could be entering the senior Scottish cup and bring drawn at home against an established league side. The last thing we want happening is seeing Beith, Talbot etc progressing through a pyramid and drawing some decent opposition in cups while we are unable to compete because the facilities aren't good enough.

Someone earlier mentioned away fans wouldn't be attracted to KSC because of a lack of shops/bookies etc. I think the only thing I really want when going to an away match is somewhere close and safe to park my car.

8 hours ago, Appraisal said:

The sports club cannot accommodate this without 1 of the show parks going, the dressing rooms can hardly fit a youth team never mind adults, sometimes the easy option is not necessarily the correct one

We use changing room 2 every Mon and Wed with 22 players and have to no issues, 5 showers and a toilet per team

Go down have a look, Brian Jardine will happily show you around.

26 minutes ago, parkcircus said:

We use changing room 2 every Mon and Wed with 22 players and have to no issues, 5 showers and a toilet per team

Go down have a look, Brian Jardine will happily show you around.

Well lucky you,usually our amateur team gets punted into the old changing rooms wae shite showers,also there’s no where near enough parking down there,so they would need to do something to accommodate a junior team at ksc 

1 hour ago, The chassis said:

Well lucky you,usually our amateur team gets punted into the old changing rooms wae shite showers,also there’s no where near enough parking down there,so they would need to do something to accommodate a junior team at ksc 

The Dirrans will be using changing room 1 for every home game, and parking would be extended 

Archived